The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rune Harvesting nodes

Qiixara
Qiixara
Soul Shriven
Hello all- I had an unusual experience harvesting runes in Rivenspire over the New Years Weekend (2021). For the life of me I can't remember exactly where, I was working on the Count Verandis Ravenwatch quests and came into an area with 4 or 5 unusual runestone nodes, each of which had eight or so runes inside and the nodes were very close together. I got so excited I forgot to mark the location. The other unusual thing was that each of the runestone nodes had another name in front of the runestone, 3 or 4 characters. not a type of rune but something else. seemed like some kind of coding placeholder. Again- forgot to take a screen shot
I ran around the zone the rest of the weekend and found nothing but the usual runestone nodes. I thought maybe it had something to do with me being the first one to access a rune after a server reboot like what happens in other MMORPG.

Anyways just hoping someone would read this and explain the anomaly to me, really quite cool. What an awesome game

Thanks for any info

Qiixi on Xbox1-No add-on's
level 333 Breton Dragonknight,
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you had an enchanting survey from doing an enchanting writ. They’re called protean runestones.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »
    Sounds like you had an enchanting survey from doing an enchanting writ. They’re called protean runestones.

yep, they could have looted an enchanting survey from an undaunted event box and not realized it was in their inventory.
  • Qiixara
    Qiixara
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah! Thanks. That's the ticket. I have a bunch more of those in my inventory, Thanks. Looks like I have some treasure hunting and harvesting t do.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh ... the refreshing innocence of discovering a crafting survey site for the first time.

And then we get forums declarations from players that retrieving surveys is too hard for them ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 10, 2021 7:10PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh ... the refreshing innocence of discovering a crafting survey site for the first time.
    Blissful moments :D:D:D:D

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP