Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Introducing the Class Rep Bug Collection campagin

BohnT2
BohnT2
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The class reps and the class rep discord would like to announce the start of the "bug collection campaign"
With holiday season being right around the corner it's time for gifts.
The plan is to collect as many bugs as possible and getting them fixed by the devs to make the game better for everyone.
Everyone of you can support this campaign by handing in their class and combat related bug reports in the appropriate channels in the class rep discord.
The reps and the mods will collect those bug reports, make a write-up of them and have the reps hand them over to the devs.
We will share this list of course so everyone can see for themselves which bugs have been fixed as this is planned to be a long-lasting project.

You will find all information on how to share your bug reports in the Discord.
As always you can also hand in your general feedback about classes and the game overall which will be read by the Class Representatives and be taken into consideration when talking to the devs.

https://discord.gg/FkGsGXn
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the current version of the bug collection.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JdoJABqC2Uu6UTHZZlQM5QpUwAzSrTm3D7zdM2uZsh0/edit?usp=sharing

Bugs listed with exploit are explained in the version for the devs but censored here in order to stop them from spreading.

If you know about any other bugs please pass them to us on the Class Rep discord as we plan to finish this patch's bug collection and hand it over to the devs before PTS launches.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont have CRD but for templar focused charge > Fails to port you – In certain terrains or if the game lags making you leap at the ground in front of you but hitting nothing
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf bugs I have found so far:

- When you change zone in WW form ulti gets "cancelled" and you are back to human form again - Even if WW timer was full. This happens for example when you use wayshrine, enter delve, port home etc.

- WW ultimate can not be cancelled (turned off) sometimes, especially after longer fight. So the only way is to "wait" till WW timer goes down (pressing ulti button does nothing, I can see Ulti Icon being pressed but it does not work).
    Almost always when this happens I have like 3 ulti points accumulated while in WW form at some point during fight - which is impossible as you can not accumulate ulti points in WW form. Also those 3 points disappear once I wait for WW timer and I am back to human form again (I don't know if this is important but my WW Pack Leader is NB Argonian).

- Pounce gap closer very often locks you in-place - instead of jumping near your opponent - you are "locked" in this weird "squat" pre-jump frame of animation (as if animation was bugged).

- Also, obviously there is a missing skill point issue (but you may have not be affected by it if you were lucky) ;) .
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/553049/werewolf-skill-still-broken-after-6-2-6#latest
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered making a forum version of the bug submission info for players who don't want to join your discord but do want to submit bugs?

Wayrest Sewers 1: Varaine Pellingare sometimes refuses to jump down into his boss arena, resulting in a ranged only fight.

Wayrest Sewers 1: Uulgarg the Hungry can knock back players inside the walls of the dungeon with an uppercut, forcing them to port to their groupmembers or unstuck to get free.

Crypt of Hearts 2: Chamber Guardian can knock back players inside the walls of the dungeon with an uppercut, forcing them to port to their groupmembers or unstuck to get free.

Imperial City Arena District: not sure if this is a bug or not, but players can "free" civilians from the safety of the spawning platform as long as they are in range when the civilians are freed. This includes while being silenced and completely safe.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered making a forum version of the bug submission info for players who don't want to join your discord but do want to submit bugs?

Wayrest Sewers 1: Varaine Pellingare sometimes refuses to jump down into his boss arena, resulting in a ranged only fight.

Wayrest Sewers 1: Uulgarg the Hungry can knock back players inside the walls of the dungeon with an uppercut, forcing them to port to their groupmembers or unstuck to get free.

Crypt of Hearts 2: Chamber Guardian can knock back players inside the walls of the dungeon with an uppercut, forcing them to port to their groupmembers or unstuck to get free.

Imperial City Arena District: not sure if this is a bug or not, but players can "free" civilians from the safety of the spawning platform as long as they are in range when the civilians are freed. This includes while being silenced and completely safe.

Zenimax should make a sub forum for all the parts of the game. And if a bug gets fixed the topic gets a smol green checked icon
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You folks on the Discord really are doing a great job. Thank you. :)
    Hopefully it will be seen by the devs.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to add something to the hardened ward not working bug.
    This ability often fails to work when being affect by channeled abilities such as flurry and jabs. When under fire by such rapid succession, the ability will often times not fire and your character will just stand there.

This is the most common situation where it fails for me.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sets:
    Didnt check if this was adressed yet but it was causing problems 2 months ago I tried:

Cowards Gear: Any Excistint Major Expedition or Major Resolve is removed if you take a sprinting step and the stop sprinting.

Example: Casting Boundless storm grants you expedition and resolve for 20 second. Sprinting with cowards gear rewritrs these buffs with its own. Stopping sprint after 2 seconds removes these buffs completely. You now walk at normal speed again and have no resistance buffs.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    Sets:
    Didnt check if this was adressed yet but it was causing problems 2 months ago I tried:

Cowards Gear: Any Excistint Major Expedition or Major Resolve is removed if you take a sprinting step and the stop sprinting.

Example: Casting Boundless storm grants you expedition and resolve for 20 second. Sprinting with cowards gear rewritrs these buffs with its own. Stopping sprint after 2 seconds removes these buffs completely. You now walk at normal speed again and have no resistance buffs.

I think that is intended. Since the set could be exploited. The easy fix for stopping the exploit was what you mentioned above.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean like the "Bug Reports" category that's already been here since the beginning? Seems redundant to have multiple places to report bugs when the vast majority of the ones in the dedicated reporting area go unfixed for years.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

You mean like the "Bug Reports" category that's already been here since the beginning? Seems redundant to have multiple places to report bugs when the vast majority of the ones in the dedicated reporting area go unfixed for years.

Yes I was wondering about that.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    theres a forum area below for that. You Will notice It because is always alone, without devs or mods. Even people doesnt reply there lol. Its empty because Bugs are there for years and years, like the tickets system. Anyone with a business here know you cant have a customer claim without response 1 week or 1 month... but for Zos quality department, some years seems ok
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The list created here grants a great overview of the currently known issues. That is helpful for both devs and interesting for us to look at. Bug reports scattered over 100 pages is not very helpful, is it now? Here, we have the class related stuff concentrated in one list.

Saves the devs work and gives us easy insight and the chance to edit it.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meditate can be used to build up ultimate in combination with class passives, without ligjt attacking
    VD sometimes still procs on low life people, before you get a kill.
    VD also procs if you kill yourself while wearing it.
    Caluurion procs on light attacks
    Streak can be used with relics. Other skills that teleport you, canz.
    Assassins will sould theoretically keep all stacks if you are stuck in combat in cyro. Sometimes it loses stacks randomly during the 40s,sometimes when it runs out, sometimes never

About cyro:
    Guard skills should be updated to mirror player ability changes (speaking about reflect for example)
    There are several spots outside inner keeps at emp keeps where you demount.
    Doors cant be used in sneak
    Getting into bgs from cyro, results in getting ported out of cyro after the bg. (in my opinion is shoukd work like logins, where you only get ported out of cyro if cyro has a queue)
    In the cities safe zones, you can spam a few skills. They will fail to be cast, but still reduce you ressources.
    There is an invisible wall for ballista projectiled at bleakers.
    City guards fighting npc. Not on all alliances.

4th quest giver sometimes doesnt give quests. Need to port in and out of cyro to fix

About necrotic orb: is it just the base ability that doesnt have a synergy for non group? Cos im pretty sure im getting synergy from healing morph. And im never in group
    Edited by laksikus on January 7, 2021 7:53PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    The class reps and the class rep discord would like to announce the start of the "bug collection campaign"
    The plan is to collect as many bugs as possible and getting them fixed by the devs to make the game better for everyone.
    Everyone of you can support this campaign by handing in their class and combat related bug reports in the appropriate channels in the class rep discord.
    The reps and the mods will collect those bug reports, make a write-up of them and have the reps hand them over to the devs.
    We will share this list of course so everyone can see for themselves which bugs have been fixed as this is planned to be a long-lasting project.

As always you can also hand in your general feedback about classes and the game overall which will be read by the Class Representatives and be taken into consideration when talking to the devs.

Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together. Two questions:
    1. Is this list up to date as of the most recent patch, or at the very least, since Update 28?
    2. How would we go about getting access to view information about the exploits?

coletas wrote: »
    theres a forum area below for that. You Will notice It because is always alone, without devs or mods. Even people doesnt reply there lol. Its empty because Bugs are there for years and years, like the tickets system. Anyone with a business here know you cant have a customer claim without response 1 week or 1 month... but for Zos quality department, some years seems ok
    Our QA team regularly goes through the Bug Reports category to ensure new bugs are being tracked, or existing ones are being updated. As is stated in the sticky thread for that section, we will periodically reply or give updates when we can, but we're not able to reply to every thread.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TochTom
    TochTom
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to add the achievement "Hel Ra Citadel: War Horn" to this list too. The achievement is unobtainable at this moment and it's blocking my progress, along with that of multiple others. This is not an issue on 1 character or 1 account. This is an issue on multiple accounts on all characters of those accounts.
    PC-EU | CP 2200+ | 52 590 Achievement Points | Salty Sorcerer | Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka) | AD | Former Empress, AW Rank 50 | Flawless Conqueror (602,803 Score | U22), Immortal Redeemer (114,473 Score | U24), Dro-m'Athra Destroyer U25, Gryphon Heart (130,902 Score | U25), Tick-Tock Tormentor (220,587 Score | U25), Godslayer (251,386 Score | U26), Kyne's Wrath (238,405 Score | U27), Unchained (106,377 Score | U27), Spirit Slayer (301,402 Score | U28)
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TochTom wrote: »
    I'd like to add the achievement "Hel Ra Citadel: War Horn" to this list too. The achievement is unobtainable at this moment and it's blocking my progress, along with that of multiple others. This is not an issue on 1 character or 1 account. This is an issue on multiple accounts on all characters of those accounts.

+1 for this. Tried several times in several vHRC runs, and it's never awarded.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I will add my bug. Achivements for motifs: Hazardous Alchemy and Thorn Legion are in wrong dlc category. They are in Markarth instead StoneThorn and from these dungs u can get them not Martkarth...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, are you suggesting that the Class Reps' effort seem redundant and that they should just post this in the Bug Reports forum?

No offense, but the Class Reps are planning on presenting this list to the Devs as something separate from the existing Bug Reports category on the forums. After all, if the Class Reps expected the Bug Reports category to be sufficient, they'd be posting there, right?

Keeping in mind that this is something done by the Class Reps, I find it needlessly complicated to say "Hey, we're making a list of bugs to give to the Devs so come join our Discord to tell us about the bugs!"

Like, I want fixes. But I don't want to join the class rep discord just to describe some bugs. There's no reason why I should have to join their discord to contribute. Its unnecessary. So if the class reps haven't thought about that, I'd like them to think about how they can broaden the feedback they receive instead of limiting it to the people who do want to join their Discord.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 7, 2021 10:04PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. Is this list up to date as of the most recent patch, or at the very least, since Update 28?

Our QA team regularly goes through the Bug Reports category to ensure new bugs are being tracked, or existing ones are being updated. As is stated in the sticky thread for that section, we will periodically reply or give updates when we can, but we're not able to reply to every thread.
    Hey Gina,

The list is up to date with the current patch.

We have a separate list for you and the other the devs that contains all explanations for the exploits.

We'll send you the full list by the end of this week but we're not done with a time consuming task of collecting and mapping all spots on the cyrodiil map that can get you stuck.
    The list will probably be shared by a Rep in your shared Discord.

Thank you for your interest in our project :smile:
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    No offense, but the Class Reps are planning on presenting this list to the Devs as something separate from the existing Bug Reports category on the forums. After all, if the Class Reps expected the Bug Reports category to be sufficient, they'd be posting there, right?

Keeping in mind that this is something done by the Class Reps, I find it needlessly complicated to say "Hey, we're making a list of bugs to give to the Devs so come join our Discord to tell us about the bugs!"

Like, I want fixes. But I don't want to join the class rep discord just to describe some bugs. There's no reason why I should have to join their discord to contribute. Its unnecessary. So if the class reps haven't thought about that, I'd like them to think about how they can broaden the feedback they receive instead of limiting it to the people who do want to join their Discord.

I have no knowledge of what this specific Discord server (I and most of the other Class Reps are not in it) planned nor did I have knowledge of the aforementioned "bug collection campaign". However I would refer to what Gina posted:

And past posts where bug reports ingame + other venues whether it's in Discord or forums with very specific information (videos, screenshots, etc) would be extremely helpful including however way the OP intends on collecting that specific information that could help with bug fixes.

• BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nefas wrote: »

I have no knowledge of what this specific Discord server (I and most of the other Class Reps are not in it) planned nor did I have knowledge of the aforementioned "bug collection campaign". However I would refer to what Gina posted:

And past posts where bug reports ingame + other venues whether it's in Discord or forums with very specific information (videos, screenshots, etc) would be extremely helpful including however way the OP intends on collecting that specific information that could help with bug fixes.

To clear things up, this idea has been organized and communicated with Glorious and GandtheImpaler.

Currently there's 5 of the current Class reps in the Discord (more or less active) along with some of the reps who have dropped out of the program over the years.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the document is focus mostly on combat-related bugs (skills, passives, ultimates, sets, etc). There are sections for cyro/battlegroups mostly because many of the contributors are PvP players, and there isn't any PvP content outside Cyro/IC/BGs so the list is kinda small, but for PvE there is a millon of dungeons, trials, zones, achievements, overland missions, etc. I think that for that type of content we should have a different initiative, otherwise this document is going to be unmanageable.
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 8, 2021 12:18AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, are you suggesting that the Class Reps' effort seem redundant and that they should just post this in the Bug Reports forum?

Based upon the number of persistent bugs that go unfixed, it seems reasonable that their QA team is at best a skeleton crew. Requiring them to sift through multiple sources of undoubtedly duplicated reports seems counterproductive and a waste of resources already stretched thin.

Edited by Jaraal on January 8, 2021 1:27AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Dracane on January 8, 2021 2:21AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nefas, Jaraal,

I do understand the urge to inform me that I could post in the Bug Report category. I usually make the report in-game when those bugs happen, but obviously the ones I listed have, ah, not been fixed despite being longstanding bugs.

I'm afraid my main point was directed at the Class Reps. Or, I suppose, the specific Class Reps who organized this project? Perhaps I wasn't entirely clear. So let me try again.

Class Reps,

If you are going to specifically ask forum posters for feedback and, in this case, bug descriptions for a list intended to go directly to the devs, would you please consider giving a forum version of the feedback you want so that players who don't want to join your Discord can participate?

In this case: you say "You will find all information on how to share your bug reports in the Discord."

How hard would it be to add a write-up to this thread explaining what info you want on our bug reports? Or explaining how to PM in case of reporting exploits if that's what you prefer?

Then we could add our bugs, you could copy-paste the info, and nobody has to join your Discord to add a bug to the list if they don't want to.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will go through every thread and reply so people dont feel like their time was wasted. Which dev do i contact regarding each bug?
    Edited by NoMoreChillies on January 8, 2021 3:36AM
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    Sets:

This is fixed now.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤔 so are they getting paid for doing quality assurance or

Hey Gina,

The list is up to date with the current patch.

We have a separate list for you and the other the devs that contains all explanations for the exploits.

We'll send you the full list by the end of this week but we're not done with a time consuming task of collecting and mapping all spots on the cyrodiil map that can get you stuck.
    The list will probably be shared by a Rep in your shared Discord.

Thank you for your interest in our project :smile:

You can't guarantee that at all.
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭

Yes! It's just ridiculous to not be able to get a simply achievement fixed for months on end now.