The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Introducing the Class Rep Bug Collection campagin

• mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    The class reps and the class rep discord would like to announce the start of the "bug collection campaign"
    With holiday season being right around the corner it's time for gifts.
    The plan is to collect as many bugs as possible and getting them fixed by the devs to make the game better for everyone.
    Everyone of you can support this campaign by handing in their class and combat related bug reports in the appropriate channels in the class rep discord.
    The reps and the mods will collect those bug reports, make a write-up of them and have the reps hand them over to the devs.
    We will share this list of course so everyone can see for themselves which bugs have been fixed as this is planned to be a long-lasting project.

You will find all information on how to share your bug reports in the Discord.
    As always you can also hand in your general feedback about classes and the game overall which will be read by the Class Representatives and be taken into consideration when talking to the devs.

https://discord.gg/FkGsGXn
    Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together. Two questions:
    1. Is this list up to date as of the most recent patch, or at the very least, since Update 28?
    2. How would we go about getting access to view information about the exploits?

coletas wrote: »
    theres a forum area below for that. You Will notice It because is always alone, without devs or mods. Even people doesnt reply there lol. Its empty because Bugs are there for years and years, like the tickets system. Anyone with a business here know you cant have a customer claim without response 1 week or 1 month... but for Zos quality department, some years seems ok
    Our QA team regularly goes through the Bug Reports category to ensure new bugs are being tracked, or existing ones are being updated. As is stated in the sticky thread for that section, we will periodically reply or give updates when we can, but we're not able to reply to every thread.

sub tracking for solving

thank you!
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Mike Adriano
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson
    Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More than half the base game delves have lighting issues, it’s as bright as day in there

I’ve been reporting these using the /bug

In some it’s just one or two, for example the one in the top left-hand corner of bangkori has one gloomy area and then the rest is bright sunlight
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug:
    • blast bones does snare (not stated in the tooltip if intended)
    • all summon pets melee attack snare and this snare does apply even if you are immune to snares from a skill (same for blast bones)
    • dunno if it is under exploits but there is something with meteor and towers in cyro
    • enemy poison dots do cc you if they get into stealth while the dot is on you
    • kockback of any kind do quite often getting you stuck underground in the scroll gates
    • dw heavy attack queued up with skills do quite often cause extreme animation desync (can happen with others too but really painful if you try to play a dw heavy attack build)
    • i think the immove pots are covered in exploits?
    • mistform breaks after taking fall damage (not tested recently)
    • going into mistform does quite often break if more players attack you (it shows the animation of going into mistform but you do not)
    • stacking armor pots intended?
    • group queing into a bg while on player is currently porting does result in player not being entered in this battleground (assuming it is still not fixed)

to be continued
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Bug:
    • blast bones does snare (not stated in the tooltip if intended)
    • all summon pets melee attack snare and this snare does apply even if you are immune to snares from a skill (same for blast bones)
    • dunno if it is under exploits but there is something with meteor and towers in cyro
    • enemy poison dots do cc you if they get into stealth while the dot is on you
    • kockback of any kind do quite often getting you stuck underground in the scroll gates
    • dw heavy attack queued up with skills do quite often cause extreme animation desync (can happen with others too but really painful if you try to play a dw heavy attack build)
    • i think the immove pots are covered in exploits?
    • mistform breaks after taking fall damage (not tested recently)
    • going into mistform does quite often break if more players attack you (it shows the animation of going into mistform but you do not)
    • stacking armor pots intended?
    • group queing into a bg while on player is currently porting does result in player not being entered in this battleground (assuming it is still not fixed)

to be continued

- The meteor related one is mentioned as "exploit" and explained further with other ways of causing it
    - poison one happens with all physical, poison, bleed, disease dots so probably intended
    - potion one is covered
    - mistform breaks on the small dodge roll your char performs when falling down small heights while still holding your movement buttons, if you don't move while landing it won't break
    - mistform breaking randomly is mentioned
    - resistance potions stacking with major resolve is intended (they don't stack with each other just tested)

Thank you for your reports :)
    Edited by BohnT2 on January 8, 2021 12:45PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @BohnT2

Please ensure the bug with effects remaining on your character is documented ('Streaked for 49000 days' etc..) This happens with basically all types of debuff and buff and also the effects can stack.
    For example Major Defile for 49000 days x3 is common. We've also seen Acid Spray, Nova, Sellistrix, Major Vitality, Burning and many more.

Also the description for the Orb bug is incorrect - it's not usable by anyone. Not just those external to groups.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on January 8, 2021 1:28PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @BohnT2

Please ensure the bug with effects remaining on your character is documented ('Streaked for 49000 days' etc..) This happens with basically all types of debuff and buff and also the effects can stack.
    For example Major Defile for 49000 days x3 is common. We've also seen Acid Spray, Nova, Sellistrix, Major Vitality, Burning and many more.

Also the description for the Orb bug is incorrect - it's not usable by anyone. Not just those external to groups.

Thank you for the reminder on Orb bug, that was the old version copied.

I'll list the 49000 days bug but everytime it has occurred it had no gameplay effects, no matter which debuff it showed, it was visual only except for people being immune to certain CC abilities.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BohnT2 I was wondering, will you add the bug that health based heal do not increase with minor toughness before handing over the list?

And that elemental weapons, crushing weapons and crystal weapons count as dots against the Necromancer Disdain Harm passive? :) I find those bugs rather severe.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nefas wrote: »
    No offense, but the Class Reps are planning on presenting this list to the Devs as something separate from the existing Bug Reports category on the forums. After all, if the Class Reps expected the Bug Reports category to be sufficient, they'd be posting there, right?

Keeping in mind that this is something done by the Class Reps, I find it needlessly complicated to say "Hey, we're making a list of bugs to give to the Devs so come join our Discord to tell us about the bugs!"

Like, I want fixes. But I don't want to join the class rep discord just to describe some bugs. There's no reason why I should have to join their discord to contribute. Its unnecessary. So if the class reps haven't thought about that, I'd like them to think about how they can broaden the feedback they receive instead of limiting it to the people who do want to join their Discord.

I have no knowledge of what this specific Discord server (I and most of the other Class Reps are not in it) planned nor did I have knowledge of the aforementioned "bug collection campaign". However I would refer to what Gina posted:
    Our QA team regularly goes through the Bug Reports category to ensure new bugs are being tracked, or existing ones are being updated. As is stated in the sticky thread for that section, we will periodically reply or give updates when we can, but we're not able to reply to every thread.

And past posts where bug reports ingame + other venues whether it's in Discord or forums with very specific information (videos, screenshots, etc) would be extremely helpful including however way the OP intends on collecting that specific information that could help with bug fixes.

It's this complexity and lack of a single, clear way to pass feedback to Devs / Reps that gets very frustrating (not aimed at anyone quoted, this post just captured a lot of the complexity in one spot).

Ideally, whether through the forum or somewhere else (Discord looks like a really bad fit for this given how easily derailed it is and how quickly things can get buried), it would be great to have a mechanism to submit bugs (with guidance on supporting information needed etc.

This should then be tied to some sort of status tracking (not a bug/intentional, under investigation, acknowledged, work underway, fixed).

All this would need strong moderation to keep discussion to bugs rather than desired changes / balance adjustments etc. and to remove / consolidate duplicates, but would move us on massively from what currently feels like shouting into the void.
    Edited by Altyrann on January 8, 2021 2:37PM
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great....but, haven't we been here before?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Nefas wrote: »
    No offense, but the Class Reps are planning on presenting this list to the Devs as something separate from the existing Bug Reports category on the forums. After all, if the Class Reps expected the Bug Reports category to be sufficient, they'd be posting there, right?

Keeping in mind that this is something done by the Class Reps, I find it needlessly complicated to say "Hey, we're making a list of bugs to give to the Devs so come join our Discord to tell us about the bugs!"

Like, I want fixes. But I don't want to join the class rep discord just to describe some bugs. There's no reason why I should have to join their discord to contribute. Its unnecessary. So if the class reps haven't thought about that, I'd like them to think about how they can broaden the feedback they receive instead of limiting it to the people who do want to join their Discord.

I have no knowledge of what this specific Discord server (I and most of the other Class Reps are not in it) planned nor did I have knowledge of the aforementioned "bug collection campaign". However I would refer to what Gina posted:

And past posts where bug reports ingame + other venues whether it's in Discord or forums with very specific information (videos, screenshots, etc) would be extremely helpful including however way the OP intends on collecting that specific information that could help with bug fixes.

It's this complexity and lack of a single, clear way to pass feedback to Devs / Reps that gets very frustrating (not aimed at anyone quoted, this post just captured a lot of the complexity in one spot).

Ideally, whether through the forum or somewhere else (Discord looks like a really bad fit for this given how easily derailed it is and how quickly things can get buried), it would be great to have a mechanism to submit bugs (with guidance on supporting information needed etc.

This should then be tied to some sort of status tracking (not a bug/intentional, under investigation, acknowledged, work underway, fixed).

All this would need strong moderation to keep discussion to bugs rather than desired changes / balance adjustments etc. and to remove / consolidate duplicates, but would move us on massively from what currently feels like shouting into the void.

I too think you guys are doing a great thing in assisting the Devs with issues that affect us all.

What would be more appropriate I feel would be a bug/exploit tracker that the Devs/rep could update the status of. That players can look at and quickly check the status of any bug. It could be made simply on Google docs or something like that.

Apologies if this sounds condescending it isn't intended to be. I thought it may address a few of the concerns I have read above.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be more appropriate I feel would be a bug/exploit tracker that the Devs/rep could update the status of. That players can look at and quickly check the status of any bug. It could be made simply on Google docs or something like that.

I highly doubt they would welcome documentation that players could point at and say, "OMG! 381 bugs and only 34 have been fixed in the last (x ammount of) years!"

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I highly doubt they would welcome documentation that players could point at and say, "OMG! 381 bugs and only 34 have been fixed in the last (x ammount of) years!"

Your point is valid 😂 it would be a positive step in terms of communication. It would make the player base feel more listened to if their concerns were addressed even via a method as generic as a bug tracker.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @BohnT2

Thank you for the reminder on Orb bug, that was the old version copied.

I'll list the 49000 days bug but everytime it has occurred it had no gameplay effects, no matter which debuff it showed, it was visual only except for people being immune to certain CC abilities.

@BohnT2 Major and minor defile affect healing received and 'streaked' causes 90% of all lag related glitches in cyro currently. (1x streaked makes your character appear to strafe whilst running and every time you bash you break free instead, additionally synergy usage is slowed and unresponsive as is movement after break free.
    2x streaked makes it impossible to sprint 3x streaked you can no longer cast any abilities reliably)
    Additionally major fracture stacking can reduce your armour to 0 at least in your character menu didn't test reliably if it increases your DMG taken( feels like it does though)
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on January 8, 2021 7:25PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The full list has now been passed to the devs.
    Including the new section about locations in Cyro that can get you stuck.
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BohnT2

Nightblade: Shadow Image (not sure about the other morphs) will randomly attack overland NPCs and cause you to get a bounty.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BohnT Not sure if the passive is broken but Necromancer’s reusable parts passive doesn’t change skills tooltips anymore and it used to.

Either a tooltip bug or it’s broken. Never saw someone mention it since Markarth dropped.
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Blue_MonkEvil
    Blue_MonkEvil
    Soul Shriven
    Hi,
    I'm not sure it's correct to say that lightning heavy attacks reveal you. I don't think it's the heavy attach as much as the AOE component added on top because of the Tri-Focus passive.
    Tested last night in PVP with a few guys and It was only breaking cloak when one of them was hit. If it I was further away or alone it didn't break stealth.

Please keep in mind that I didn't too a lot fo testing. Just about 10 tests:
    1 - Just me and the "enemy" doing a blind heavy attack - Cloak working fine
    2- Just me using cloak in the middle of the attack - (did this one a few times) - with mixed results - not sure if I timed it right or not but a few times I failed to cloak... sort of. Was in cloak for aboukt 1 sec
    3 - the "enemy" attacking someone next to me - cloak broken (mixed results though)
    4 - the "enemy" attacking someone further (probably outside the range of the AOE component) - cloak fine
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The class reps and the class rep discord would like to announce the start of the "bug collection campaign"
    The plan is to collect as many bugs as possible and getting them fixed by the devs to make the game better for everyone.
    Everyone of you can support this campaign by handing in their class and combat related bug reports in the appropriate channels in the class rep discord.
    The reps and the mods will collect those bug reports, make a write-up of them and have the reps hand them over to the devs.
    We will share this list of course so everyone can see for themselves which bugs have been fixed as this is planned to be a long-lasting project.

As always you can also hand in your general feedback about classes and the game overall which will be read by the Class Representatives and be taken into consideration when talking to the devs.

1. Is this list up to date as of the most recent patch, or at the very least, since Update 28?

theres a forum area below for that. You Will notice It because is always alone, without devs or mods. Even people doesnt reply there lol. Its empty because Bugs are there for years and years, like the tickets system. Anyone with a business here know you cant have a customer claim without response 1 week or 1 month... but for Zos quality department, some years seems ok

You can add value by reporting back to us what bugs are fixed on these threads. A really quick search of your name will show how many threads you start and ignore, short replies, etc. Your replies on many threads YOU START are too few. Of course if you start a thread, people will reply and want an active discussion. You, or someone from the CM team, should be on these forums, actively engaging the community on those threads. Real discussion, not just "we're looking at it". I get it's overwhelming and the community toxic, but this isn't working for us. Think of how much better your team would look if people went to a hot topic and saw discussion.

Now people are once again trying to organize and improve the bug reporting. The bugs over the last year have been markedly more noticeable, so maybe working with us will be a net win for the game and players. We get there's a QA team, but what's lacking is community insight on bug and feature progress. That's where you and your team can help us. That's where you and your team need to improve.

Here's a challenge for you. Search for QoL requests around writs, horse level, crafting dailies, and surveys. There's a boat load of them. How about engaging those threads and telling us what's possible and what's not.
    Edited by Destai on February 2, 2021 4:19PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

You can add value by reporting back to us what bugs are fixed on these threads. A really quick search of your name will show how many threads you start and ignore, one word replies, etc. I'd feel embarrassed, personally. Your replies on many threads are too few. You, or someone from the CM team, should be on these forums, actively engaging the community instead of the current strategy. Real discussion.

Here's a challenge for you. Search for QoL requests around writs, horse level, crafting dailies, and surveys. There's a boat load of them. How about engaging those threads and telling us what's possible and what's not.

The doc linked in this thread has been updated and now shows fixed bugs and exploits in green (current version of pts 6.3.1)
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

You can add value by reporting back to us what bugs are fixed on these threads. A really quick search of your name will show how many threads you start and ignore, one word replies, etc. I'd feel embarrassed, personally. Your replies on many threads are too few. You, or someone from the CM team, should be on these forums, actively engaging the community instead of the current strategy. Real discussion.

The doc linked in this thread has been updated and now shows fixed bugs and exploits in green (current version of pts 6.3.1)

That's cool, but the average person isn't going to look there, sorry. The average gamer is gonna come here, post, vent, and feel like they're being ignored because Gina and team can't relay things back in a reasonable timeframe. A google spreadsheet isn't an acceptable means of bug tracking for a billion dollar company. This official forum needs a bug tracking dashboard, product roadmap, and feature request. I really like the idea of bug representatives, but there needs to be a better feedback loop to ensure progress is being made and things are communicated between all parties.
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PTS the Sword and Shield passive "deadly bash" does not reduce the cost of bash by 40% like it is supposed to.
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    after reading this I realised eso is not a game with some bug in it , eso is a bug with some game in it !