Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molten Whip not gaining spell damage stacks.

GetAgrippa
GetAgrippa
✭✭✭✭✭
When I cast 3 other ardent flame abilities, molten whip is not granting stacks of 75 spell damage, at least according to my tooltips. The whip damage is increased, but the tooltip doesn't show increased damage numbers nor does the character sheet. I am not sure if it's just a visual bug or if the 33% damage increase is happening but not the spell damage stacks.
  • Mezdelex
    Mezdelex
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, it's broken since november. Molten Whip won't increase weapon damage either. I've been reporting it non stop in-game but it seems that it's secondary.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We should have this issue fixed in Update 29.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mezdelex wrote: »
    Yeah, it's broken since november. Molten Whip won't increase weapon damage either. I've been reporting it non stop in-game but it seems that it's secondary.

Really..?! You mean all these times, my stamDK's been fighting on a placebo?!! Dammit all! Ha ha
  • Mezdelex
    Mezdelex
    Soul Shriven
    The thing is, there's an increase in weapon damage since if you hit your target after stacking the 3 charges, even tho it won't show
    in your character sheet nor addons, the damage you deal is increased but not as much as before this bug happened. I mean, I can understand that sets like Witch Knight Defiance won't show the 5th piece bonus on the character sheet because it's a conditional bonus based on the enemy's status effect and it should be calculated in real time as a parameter, but what's the reason of Molten Whip not being displayed as it was before like every other buff? Maybe the calculations are not made where they should be (Skill weapon power) and they might be added as plain damage increase (like bloodthirsty) which could be the reason of the bonus not showing up in the character sheet.

If that's the case, for raw damage builds the bug would make a noticeable difference (which is what I'm feeling based on my previous numbers) because it wouldn't be adding to the total weapon damage that gets multiplied later by the % modifiers (15+3+3+30) but just added like bloodthirsty does at the end of the calculations.

So yeah, I might be mistaken but it's what I'm feeling and what I ended up wondering after doing some parses months ago, when I noticed the bug not by the UI but by the numbers.