The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dro'Zakar's Claws Question, complaint, and suggestion.

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
https://eso-sets.com/set/drozakars-claws

The question:
So...am I understanding this correctly? We only get 133 increased weapon damage against a target per bleed effect we have on them?

The complaint:
If this is true then there's no point in using it when there are other sets that give more bonus weapon damage, have 100% up time, and aren't specific to the bleed damage type. New Moon Acolyte for example.

My suggestion:
Increase the bonus damage. Not just a little but by an amount that at least makes it give more bonus weapon damage than New Moon Acolyte. Why more? Because those who use this set have to keep the bleeds up. Bleeds that can be cleansed in pvp. I believe we currently can only have 6 bleeds on a target at once. Though anyone trying to keep 6 bleeds on a target will be doing pretty much only that. This means less CC's, buffs, debuffs, and heals. Probably less dps too than if you were worrying about just 3 since you're probably not going to be doing a whole lot of burst damage while trying to keep 6 up.

OR

Make it so the bonus weapon damage given is 133 per ANY bleed effect on the enemy. Though this could potentially become OP in groups focused on keeping as many bleed effects on enemies as possible I still recommend increasing the weapon damage rewarded since that won't be too common. "But won't someone think about the Werewolves!?" Again...cleanse exists. If your healer isn't rocking a cleanse ability in pvp get yourself a new healer.

OR

Make it so the set increases bonus weapon damage per bleed you've applied on ANY target. So basically if you use one bleed ability that effects multiple targets on a group of 5 enemies you get 133x5=665. This change would make the set good for trash clearing only though. Users would only get 133 weapon damage against most bosses. And again, cleanse exists for pvp so it wouldn't be that good for pvp.

I'm sure someone's gunna come a long and [snip] on my suggested changes (Change is scary apparently) so I welcome any other alternative suggestions that would make someone actually want to use this set.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
Edited by Psiion on December 30, 2020 11:57PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set was balanced on the PTS. It gave 200 per bleed, and if you sacraficed part of your rotation to focus all on bleeds you could make up the shortfall with the added weapon damage.

I made a post on the PTS about it, did the maths, it was good enough to be PVE meta, just slightly worse than relequens with a very specific custom setup. It was super cool.

It got nerfed to 150 per the week following my post, and nerfed to 133 per when it went live.

It's completely trash now, you go all in on bleeds and you don't even get close to as much damage as julianos offers as a baseline (in spell damage). And worse yet, julianos applies to everything, not just damage abilities on enemies with bleeds, and requires significant rotation changes.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PTS nerfs to this set unironically forced me to take a year-long break from eso. We where shown something really unique and interesting, that at a slight performance drop was the first genuinely different meta build for pve we had seen in years. Then they killed it. Was absolutely gutted.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and they should make the dw ultimate rend a bleed. Would be pog af.

I like bleed builds if that want clear
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484373/pts-5-1-0-42k-bleed-build-dw-2h-up-to-72k-buffed/p1

This is the post I made back when the set was first on the pts. So you can see what you could do with it back when it was 200 per bleed.
    Edited by validifyedneb18_ESO on December 30, 2020 9:01PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am/was also a big proponent of this set's potential and was heartbroken to see it so ruthlessly trashed.

I actually made a DW / 2H stamDen that went all-in on bleeds and IIRC the most of them that you can achieve is 9:

DW passive
    Rending Slashes
    Rend
    2H passive
    Carve
    Maelstrom 2H with Stampede
    Fetcher Flies
    Cliff Racers
    Pillar of Nirn

That gives you 1197 un-buffed Weapon Damage (and yes, it can be buffed by Brutality, etc.). Of course, the catch is that you will will never have 100% uptime on all of these bleeds, but it is realistic to have about 6-7 up at any given time.

In other words, the set has improved since it was launched... but no thanks to ZOS. Only because they introduced the Maelstrom 2H changes and then buffed Pillar of Nirn into semi-respectability. If they ever add a bleed monster set (which they really should have done in Stonethorn...) that will further improve the set.

But you could easily buff the damage back up to 150 at a minimum and something like 175 is more warranted given the other significant build concessions that you have to make to make full use of the set.
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL! ZOS censored the word I already censored myself in my post.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS looked at the insane potential wep damage of the set and nerfed it blindly out of fear. Without considering how rare it would be to have so many procs up at even half decent uptimes, and the sacraficed implicit in losing the maelstrom bow or bow backbar in general, and rotational changes.

I was equally sad when it got dumpstered as hard as it did. Atleast the pillars buff a while later was kinda nifty, for bleed build fans, but my dreams of having both sets working together will not be a reality until it gets a buff.