Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Mandatory Drum Beat of Gray Host Angst

bellanca6561n
bellanca6561n
✭✭✭✭✭
I did a very stupid thing.

Crown sale hit. I went all in.

Day after Christmas, I renewed my Plus.

I guess we're up to two stupid things now because I decided to try out a group guild that plays on Gray Host. Or is that a third stupid thing?

Bottom line - I've just paid 130 dollars for an online game whose performance is not just beneath beta-quality, not just beneath release quality, but cannot be regarded, by any objective standard, as a release shareware product.

What's strange - yes, it gets stranger - is that I last tried the main CP enabled campaign years ago, just prior to the release of Morrowind. Was with a guild called The Pact Militia. That server was so bad that the raid leader was calling out skills and ultis predictively, often seconds in advance of the merge in the hope that some of them might go off. So I quit the game.

Oh, I came back and have played for years in non-CP. Yet, somehow, I thought that certainly the game would improve over time. Nope. It's worse.

And all of that would be okay. Lots of folks don't like Cyrodiil. Plenty of people just love doing their storyline quests - like my mother used to refer to the soap operas she'd watch as "my stories" - decorating their houses, filling out achievement sheets on their characters, fighting bots in dungeons and such. Fine.

Just stop calling this an MMO.

It's not.

Yeah, I could go back to no-CP. Problem there is folks have fled this game en masse. The population of other servers, even in prime time, can be astonishingly low.

Or maybe they didn't flee. Could be they saw a bizarre and intense beam of light....followed by a deep voice that told them, "Apex mounts....what you seek are Apex mounts...oh yeah, and motifs too."
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd feel a lot more empathy for players who make these posts if they didn't put down every game activity that isn't PvP in the process of outlining their issues.

Gray Host is the most populated Cyro server...so yes you're gonna have more performance issues than on Blackreach, especially during peak times.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just played on ps4 the gray host campaing in a big fight and the performance is utter crap. My skills don't work and neither does the opponents' cause they cant kill me, the screen freezes at times, there is like a loud electric buzz sound that comes on for few secs. The changes to healing and grouping did nothing, but made it harder or impossible to join groups and pvp probably not interesting to new players. This is the sad truth.
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ITT: person experiencing buyer's remorse blames the entity they bought from for their own poor judgment.
    Edited by Mindcr0w on December 30, 2020 8:07PM