The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Trash Loot is trash (1g value vendor trash)

Pyr0xyrecuprotite
Pyr0xyrecuprotite
✭✭✭✭✭
So since Greymoor came out, you can occasionally get "Vampire Dust" trash loot (sell to vendor), which is set to L1 (instead of scaled with your character), and worth only 1 gold each.
The new Stone Garden dungeon also has this plus ANOTHER type of trash loot which has the same issue (Stony Sliver), also set to L1 (and 1g each) instead of scaling up. (Other types of trash loot like Carapace or Supple Roots are not affected.)
This bug is low impact, [snip]

[Edited by ZoS to remove Bashing]

Update: the September 21 patch v6.1.7 fixed this for the Western Skyrim zone only - Vampire Dust found there was worth 9g on PC/EU again. (Note: it was not listed in the patch notes).
Update: Markarth DLC re-introduced this same bug for similar trash loot found in that new zone (Vampire Dust and Void Essence) - and the DLC dungeons.
Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on December 22, 2020 5:27PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update on this for Markarth - the bug is back for vampire dust and void essence trash loot in the Markarth part of Blackreach (since this DLC came out). I have not farmed enough in Western Skyrim or the StoneThorn dungeons since then to see if they are also affected again since the DLC dropped.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on December 22, 2020 5:27PM
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've gotten 1g trash also in Markarth areas. Didn't occur to me it was a bug, but it was strange.
    PC NA
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a void essence or something similarly named worth 1 gold and in my head it was a cursed item. As soon as I found one I sold it because it just felt cursed.
    Edited by TheImperfect on November 21, 2020 12:00AM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Void essence" trash loot is still only worth 1g each, after the recent patch. You can typically get this from Shades and Void Rot mobs around the Library of Arkthzand, in the Markarth part of Blackreach caverns. This loot should be scaled up in value based on your character level of course, usually worth 9g each for cp160 (or higher) characters.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasn’t there always been low value trash items like ash and such? I’m sure there has... Is the bug that these items are supposed to be worth more or...?
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The thing that bothers me is only getting 3G and a bunch of green level junk doing a Harrowstorm. Really?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasn’t there always been low value trash items like ash and such? I’m sure there has... Is the bug that these items are supposed to be worth more or...?

@Araneae6537 Low value (vendor) trash loot is a common drop, things like daedra husks, supple roots, foul hides etc. They are even used in some CWC quests. The BUG is that their value normally scales from 1g up to 9g each based on your character level, but in Markarth (and previously in Greymoor), at least SOME of the trash loot items don't scale up, they are permanently at 1g each (level 1). (As far as I can recall, foul hides etc. still scales up correctly in value in the Markarth zone, it's just Void Essence and Vampire Dust, ie. trash loot items that are specific to the new zones.

It's a pretty trivial bug compared to the game crashes etc, but it's still a bug.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a theory about level 1 trash gear that drops as loot.

I noticed this on a (max CP) character i've been playing lately which does not have any points in gear crafting, blacksmithing, woodwoorking and clothier are all at level 1. That character sometimes gets level 1 gear loot drops.

So i switched to another (max CP) character that has all crafting lines maxed and you guessed it, that character does not get any level 1 gear drops at all. And yes, i also did some farming around Markarth.
    popcorn.gif

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SirAndy, I haven't taken many characters into Markarth (mainly my Breton templar and Khajiit NB), so I don't know if there is some other variable that is involved. That said, all 13 of my characters have all of their crafting lines maxed. I have not noticed any of them getting OTHER loot gear at level 1. (I don't pay a lot of attention to gear loot drops, just decon or vendor them, but the gold value is normally much lower for L1 gear and I have not seen that yet.)

The easiest way to test for "my" bug is to kill trash mobs (Shades and Void Rot) around the Library of Arkthzand. Some of their loot will be "void essence" - check if it is worth 1g each or 9g each (for cp160+ characters).
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I have a theory about level 1 trash gear that drops as loot.

I noticed this on a (max CP) character i've been playing lately which does not have any points in gear crafting, blacksmithing, woodwoorking and clothier are all at level 1. That character sometimes gets level 1 gear loot drops.

So i switched to another (max CP) character that has all crafting lines maxed and you guessed it, that character does not get any level 1 gear drops at all. And yes, i also did some farming around Markarth.
    popcorn.gif

My main crafting toon with all crafting passives and skill points is getting 1 gold void essense or whatever it is called.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on November 26, 2020 11:38PM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was specifically talking about gear, as in weapons and armor, that sometimes seem to drop as white level 1 items for my toons that have not spent any skill points in the crafting lines even though the toons are max CP.
    idea.gif

• Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I was specifically talking about gear, as in weapons and armor, that sometimes seem to drop as white level 1 items for my toons that have not spent any skill points in the crafting lines even though the toons are max CP.
    idea.gif

That sounds like an entirely different kind of bug.
    PC NA
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Stony Sliver" trash loot dropped in the Stone Garden dungeon is also borked at the moment; same issue, only worth 1g each.

Update: not fixed yet as of December 21, 2020. (PC/EU and PC/NA).
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on December 22, 2020 5:23PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Vampire Dust" in the Castle Thorn DLC dungeon also still has this issue, i.e. only worth 1g each (PC/EU, December 23).