The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zenimax has really pathetic way of treating paying customers.

bibbels
bibbels
Soul Shriven
I've contacted Zenimax customer service about issue with my character. My character is bugged so that I cannot 1) Join or form groups and 2) Queue for any kind of activity (excl. Cyrodiil).

ZOS Customer Support reply to this issue was:
  • If on PC/Mac, type /reloadui in the command line of the Chat Box.
  • Leave the area and re-enter.
  • Try a soft reset by logging out of the game completely for at least 15 minutes.
  • If the issue persists, keep an eye on our Patch Notes forum for any updates at http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes, or try again after the next server maintenance.

This seems to be an automatic reply for the category my ticket was placed in: "GROUP / DUNGEON / ACTIVITY TOOLS"

--> I replied to this ticket that none of this is solving my issue. Zenimax marked it SOLVED without replying.
--> I contacted them again, saying that issue still persists and there is no upcoming maintenance announced for near future. Zenimax marked it SOLVED without replying.
--> Contacted them again, asking for an human to answer my ticket and asking for when is next maintenance. Zenimax marked it SOLVED without replying.
--> Just contacted them again that I am still waiting for help with the issue since there is no news about maintenance nor any communication from Zenimax about it being fixed.

Is the customer support always like this? How can I contact an actual human being to help me with my issue if all I am getting is ticket marked as solved without it actually being solved. And these guys get paid for this? Really annoying that game is practically unplayable unless you're into solo content, and I even pay for this buggy content.
Edited by bibbels on December 17, 2020 3:46PM
@msyyn PC/EU
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to list the ticket number in your thread, here, @bibbels ... a friendly forums mod checks this subforum often (usually once per day).
  • bibbels
    bibbels
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for tip. Ticket #201212-001602
    @msyyn PC/EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like an appropriate first reply based on the level of detail noted in the OP. Also, CS is probably still somewhat backed up. I note this because no time frame was provided for the multiple followups on the ticket mentioned in the OP.

More importantly, every time that ticket was replied to it was moved to the end of the queue. Zos has sais as much before and I have seen other games do similar. It is possible those added replies have delayed getting a response.

Now that you have posted your ticket number @ZOS_BillE or one of their colleagues can check on the ticket when they get in. Good luck getting this rectified.

Oh, BTW, try a full restart of your machine. Yes, it sounds weird but I am surprised it was not part of their initial reply. That is the first step to most PC troubleshooting. Shut down the PC and start it again. Do not use the "restart" function as that is not a true shut down of the PC.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not IMHO a customer support fail: those four things (including having to wait until they next server reset) are the usual fixes. It's a farce that the game is so broken you can get stuck unable to group for two weeks and they haven't fixed it in forever but that's not a customer support fail 8(
    Too many toons not enough time
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not IMHO a customer support fail: those four things (including having to wait until they next server reset) are the usual fixes. It's a farce that the game is so broken you can get stuck unable to group for two weeks and they haven't fixed it in forever but that's not a customer support fail 8(

How can that be so? They can go into your account and change the username, change anything they like really as all the data is on their servers. How could they not fix this, if they wanted to? Otherwise, just implement one big FAQ.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it all characters or just 1? Do you use addons? If so, disable them and /reloadui to see if it is a conflict with an addon. Also I know it is obvious but just in case it was overlooked, you aren't grouped already with somebody who is offline right? What is the error message when another player invites you to join a group? And what is the error message for the person inviting you? If you try invite someone yourself do you or they get an error message? Or does the game not register you trying to invite somebody else?

Both your issues are tied together, you can't join a group at all ie bgs, dungeon finder etc. You should be able to queue for imperial city and cyrodiil as they aren't inherently related to grouping.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would first do a fresh re-install of the client ensuring no addons and then work from htere.

it's something support would probably direct you to do anyway, so might as well jump on it as due process of elimination.

They aren't going to be able to remote desktop onto your machine as a part of technical troubleshooting.
  • bibbels
    bibbels
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks everyone for comments, this happens only on my main character so seems to be more of an server side than client issue.

Here is what I've noticed about the issue so far:
    -> When my friend tried to invite me, it says that I am already in a group.
    -> When I receive a group invite, the game plays an error sound but chat shows no message related to grouping.
    -> And obviously, if I check if I am already in a group via group panel, it says I am not in a group.
    -> When I invite someone, it says that the person is busy (always the same message).
    -> If I try to queue for battleground, dungeon or solo battleground the queue button does nothing. No error sounds, no messages, no adding to queue.
    -> Cyordiil works, Imperial City probably works too. Only tested Cyrodiil.
    More importantly, every time that ticket was replied to it was moved to the end of the queue. Zos has sais as much before and I have seen other games do similar. It is possible those added replies have delayed getting a response.
    - I understand this, that updating a ticket will take it to end of queue, but I've only updated it once Zos toggled the status to be SOLVED when it clearly is not.
    Both your issues are tied together, you can't join a group at all ie bgs, dungeon finder etc. You should be able to queue for imperial city and cyrodiil as they aren't inherently related to grouping.
    - Yes, Cyrodiil is the only some-how playable content at the moment (and questing, if you prefer it. I don't). However, Cyordiil is extremely boring without a group. Most of the time goes for finding a group to tag along, and if you happen to die, it's a gg.
    @msyyn PC/EU
  • bibbels
    bibbels
    Soul Shriven

They can move stuck characters, change account names etc, I am impressed if they haven't implemented a group resetting method on their end especially since their group system seems to be broken.
    @msyyn PC/EU
  • bibbels
    bibbels
    Soul Shriven
    Still no signs of life from Zenimax side regarding my ticket. At least they posted maintenance date so that's good, if it even fixes the problem.

Just unsubscribed though, because not going to continue paying for a game that does not provide help to paying customers. Bummers.

Two weeks having bugged character is just way too much. Hope they can fix the game in future.
    Edited by bibbels on December 22, 2020 5:02PM
    @msyyn PC/EU
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @bibbels, we've taken a look at your ticket. It has been reopened and escalated to the appropriate team. A CS agent will reach out as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post