Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Would be nice to insert an anti-PvDoor mechanic

• ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's to easy for 3 or 4 guys to take a empty keep if a few minutes, I wish they would let keeps level up to 5 again or even increase to maybe a level 10 keep !!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThreeXB wrote: »
    It's to easy for 3 or 4 guys to take a empty keep if a few minutes, I wish they would let keeps level up to 5 again or even increase to maybe a level 10 keep !!

Perhaps. But it's also easy for just 2 or 3 players to prevent that from happening or stall them long enough for more defenders to arrive.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget the part where you should be calling out in map for reinforcements.

Your faction should be there, supporting you.

IF there is no one on... And just you, plus the 5 people on the other faction.

.... Then who are you to dictate the ease that they as a group go through and clear a map?

It is literally not their problem that the time they play, that everyone else is failing to be present. That goes for people on whatever faction you play, that are also in their timeline.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I have no problem with players PvDoor-ing empty keeps. If someone is in different time zone and they can only play at certain time then I guess it is fine. What I also is fine is that it gives "easy AP". No problem with that too...

But, what I do think is an issue that needs to be addressed is that it affects Campaign's score WAY too much. I mean, think about it. It is PvP content, right ? But PvDoor is a PvE activity. And if certain faction caps the entire map at "empty" hours (it does not take that many people to do this when there is no defence) it is close to impossible for others to get back their stuff later, during prime time.

In short PvE decides who wins a PvP campaign. Is it just me, or it just... feels wrong, not as it should be ?

If something, ZOS could change how scoring is calculated to minimize PvDoor effect. So for example, if scores were somehow tied to campaign population and scale with that, that could improve campaign balance greatly.

How it could work:
    The points you get for capturing enemy objectives are tied to your faction vs enemy faction population. The server will check population difference when you capture enemy objective. So for example, if the difference is high (enemy has 1 bar and your faction is full / locked) then it will be 10x less points. The lesser the difference in populations when objectives are captured - the smaller penalty is. So it could be 1x, 3x, 5x, or even 10x less potential points. In a most drastic scenario, night or morning capping faction will take 10x points less. So, in order to lets say have +1 point for capturing a farm = you will have to capture 10 resources to get +1 point. In order to reset the points penalty, you will have to lose & retake objectives, when populations are more or less equall.

Note: this will not affect AP gain, only potenial points in Campaign's scoreboard.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I have no problem with players PvDoor-ing empty keeps. If someone is in different time zone and they can only play at certain time then I guess it is fine. What I also is fine is that it gives "easy AP". No problem with that too...

But, what I do think is an issue that needs to be addressed is that it affects Campaign's score WAY too much. I mean, think about it. It is PvP content, right ? But PvDoor is a PvE activity. And if certain faction caps the entire map at "empty" hours (it does not take that many people to do this when there is no defence) it is close to impossible for others to get back their stuff later, during prime time.

In short PvE decides who wins a PvP campaign. Is it just me, or it just... feels wrong, not as it should be ?

If something, ZOS could change how scoring is calculated to minimize PvDoor effect. So for example, if scores were somehow tied to campaign population and scale with that, that could improve campaign balance greatly.

How it could work:
    The points you get for capturing enemy objectives are tied to your faction vs enemy faction population. The server will check population difference when you capture enemy objective. So for example, if the difference is high (enemy has 1 bar and your faction is full / locked) then it will be 10x less points. The lesser the difference in populations when objectives are captured - the smaller penalty is. So it could be 1x, 3x, 5x, or even 10x less potential points. In a most drastic scenario, night or morning capping faction will take 10x points less. So, in order to lets say have +1 point for capturing a farm = you will have to capture 10 resources to get +1 point. In order to reset the points penalty, you will have to lose & retake objectives, when populations are more or less equall.

Note: this will not affect AP gain, only potenial points in Campaign's scoreboard.

I always thought it would be neat if campaign score was based off total AP earned. Think about it, Taking an empty keep would still contribute to score, but much less than current. Field and mile gate fights would actually matter (Come ooooooon bridge fiiight!). There would be actual reason to defend keeps and resources rather than re capping them before evaluation so you could get that sweet defense tick. One alliance dominating the map during off hours would have little to no affect on scoring, same with evaluation happening during downtimes. I think It could work and be balanced quite easily!

" I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish "the server" recognized when it's only one or two players trying to defend home keeps against a motivated group of pvp enthusiasts trying to gate the entire map...

would be nice when you're trying to solo or duo save your 3 back keeps and scrolls if the guards stepped up their game considerably...

although, you can slow the keep capture a bunch with oil and ballistas, and if you time it just right you may even be able to stop three or four intruders at one of the two flags... but, yeah more help from the guards on those back 3 keeps would be nice...temple guards could definitely do a little more...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Siege will always favor the side with more numbers. If you think buffing siege will help outnumbered players, you haven't been fighting outnumbered in Cyro.
    - Mojican