Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A handful of questions I've been dying to ask

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
First up....the second skill bar: If I have something slotted there, but never use the secon bar, does the skill still gain points?
Second, is having an alt the ONLY way to get lower level materials (besides trading that is)?
Do dungeon queues usually take this long? I waited an hour and a half this morning (maybe due to current event)?

Thank you!

Best Answers

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to be on that bar when you gain experience from an acitvity if you want the skills on that bar specifically to level. If you have a CP160+ character, they will find max level materials, as well as materials corresponding to their crafting level for a given craft. Dungeon queues take longer for DDs, check zone chat or guild chat if others are also looking to group.
    Answer ✓
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    First up....the second skill bar: If I have something slotted there, but never use the second bar, does the skill still gain points?
    Second, is having an alt the ONLY way to get lower level materials (besides trading that is)?
    Do dungeon queues usually take this long? I waited an hour and a half this morning (maybe due to current event)?

Thank you!

~~~

First -- as answered above.

Second -- Crafting Writ rewards on a max-skilled character also awards containers that give TWO levels of materials -- the max level mat and a LOWER level mat. That is how you will, slowly, continue to gain the lower level materials and not need a lower level Alt to gather them.

Third -- And hour and a half for a dungeon queue is NOT normal. As a healer, dungeon queues are fairly quick, from almost "instantly" up to 15 minutes, rarely longer. As DPS the queues are somewhat longer but since two DPS are required for the four-person group you can expect a queue of 15 to 30 minutes, sometimes longer. I just started (yesterday) my new Imperial Dragonknight to be my Tank Alt so eventually I will see how quickly a tank, a real heavy-armor, sword-and-shield TANK (with a backbar for Two-Hand DPS) can get into a dungeon.

I am not crazy about Alts, but my Nightblade is my Main (the one who does everything), my Templar is a totally great dungeon healer and a max-level crafter, and my Dragonknight will, I hope, be a great tank and also a max-level crafter.

I play the Alts as fully capable, fully skilled characters with full crafting skills. It takes time and effort to get them that way. Research is divided among them so researching takes less time. Light armor for one, medium for another, heavy armor, jewelry, bows, staves, etc., split up among them. Works for me. :smiley:

• ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
    Answer ✓
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect...thank you!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Perfect...thank you!

You're welcome!
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Useful trick: do a bunch of quests to the point of hand in, put the skills you want to level on the bar hand them in and switch back.

With a plugin like dressing room it's easy to switch
    Too many toons not enough time
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!