The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Self-imposed Gameplay Conditions - The RP Addon in Your Head

• Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Another Golden thread, I have so many things I implement its crazy!
    No I am playing a Sorc who lost all his magic abilities and must relearn to use stamina skills !

hee hee - I started this thread such a long time ago and had a long break from the game, but I'm back in again now.

And I'm just discovering the wonders of the Outfit System and all the new motif sets I don't know about! As a result I'm loving the game more than ever for it's character RP stuff! \o/

My various characters have changed a little - but my Sorc is also now having to re-adjust to life - after a horrible magical accident she's now wearing mechanical arms made for her in the Clockwork City (the Apostle set ;) ) and she's coming to terms with being a badass old lady with a massive greatsword and the power of elements. I love her to bits!!

My new khajiit only steals from Aldmeri, which I think we can all agree is totally fair, yes?

^ bit off topic for 'RP Addon in your head) but it was nice someone liked the idea after literally years!

(sorry mods for the necro, I hope it's ok here :) )
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are back let me know what you think of my immersion addon guide post

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564048/immersion-guide-1-0-help-out-with-your-tips-and-recommendations/p1

wow Machine arms lol that is pretty far out...

yeah the outfit System is pretty amazing, I love using dressing room and collections bar addons on the fly to change outfits.

I am in the process of making a randomized table for role-playing including character build, restrictions, role play elements as well. This tread inspired me so I will definitely take some ideas from it.
    Edited by WiseSky on March 22, 2021 9:01AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a neat, old thread isn't it? :)

Self-imposed restrictions are foundational to being a roleplayer as opposed to simply a gamer. The roleplayer's meta is "what best fits the character?" You don't do things that are out-of-character.

Outfits can certainly be a big part of that - I know it is for me. It would be nice if the system were more accessible. When they first announced the outfit system, I was dreaming of being an outfit designer for other players since that's why I originally started learning all motifs in the game. They could tell me about their character and I would then design an outfit for them that reflected their character. Sadly, the system we got doesn't allow for this... what a missed opportunity! I do get to design outfits for my own characters, but boy would I love bringing a sense of aesthetic to the rest of Tamriel. Gods know it needs it as I walk around town seeing all the fashion abominations everywhere... haha.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    This is a neat, old thread isn't it? :)

Self-imposed restrictions are foundational to being a roleplayer as opposed to simply a gamer. The roleplayer's meta is "what best fits the character?" You don't do things that are out-of-character.

Outfits can certainly be a big part of that - I know it is for me. It would be nice if the system were more accessible. When they first announced the outfit system, I was dreaming of being an outfit designer for other players since that's why I originally started learning all motifs in the game. They could tell me about their character and I would then design an outfit for them that reflected their character. Sadly, the system we got doesn't allow for this... what a missed opportunity! I do get to design outfits for my own characters, but boy would I love bringing a sense of aesthetic to the rest of Tamriel. Gods know it needs it as I walk around town seeing all the fashion abominations everywhere... haha.

If you were with on PC NA I would send you an Mail order with details!
    you could reply with the estimate and the items you need or quest I need to do in order to achieve respectability for you to make me the outfit, you could also let me know the colors I should use :D
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh where to begin. I have rituals and little habits or rules... most stem from wanting to keep my experience immersive. I want to visit Tamriel, and my character isnt so much a proxy, but me in another life. So naturally, I will use my chacacter in a life-like way. Sitting when waiting, or emoting when waiting, walking inside buildings etc.
    • Before logging out, I have to get to town or inn first, or I will go to my player home. I will keep that in mind on a quest or when exploring so I head back early when I know I want to quit soon.
    • Prefer travel via mount on days where Im not in a rush (no wayshrines).
    • I hardly ever use potions, and rely on Magick. I wouldnt want to carry a bunch of bottles around ya know...
    • Practice weapon safety! Sheath your weapon when out of combat.
    • As a pacifist, I opt to save npc's unless they reeeally deserve to die lol and I will always heal/buff randos I pass by
    • Refuse to attack animals, and usually wait to be attacked first. I'm a lover, not a fighter... but catch me outside, and you'll learn all about dat.
    • I prefer perches. I will waste the first moments of a fight just to climb something (dont worry, I make sure my group is healed first lol), and I am always keeping an eye out for a nice rock or hill.If I get knocked down?.... *starts climbing again*
    • I follow pathways... I do not cut across the grass lol, respect those lawns!
    • My main is supposed to be the true master (so I will learn every skill and master what I can) but my alts are restricted to their archetype (i.e. Aetherius is only allowed to master restoration staffs, swords and shields, jewelry, enchanting, and alchemy).
    • Aesthetics.... I refuse to let my characters wear armor that does not match their role, archetype, or personality.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh where to begin. I have rituals and little habits or rules... most stem from wanting to keep my experience immersive. I want to visit Tamriel, and my character isnt so much a proxy, but me in another life. So naturally, I will use my chacacter in a life-like way. Sitting when waiting, or emoting when waiting, walking inside buildings etc.
    • Before logging out, I have to get to town or inn first, or I will go to my player home. I will keep that in mind on a quest or when exploring so I head back early when I know I want to quit soon.
    • Prefer travel via mount on days where Im not in a rush (no wayshrines).
    • I hardly ever use potions, and rely on Magick. I wouldnt want to carry a bunch of bottles around ya know...
    • Practice weapon safety! Sheath your weapon when out of combat.
    • As a pacifist, I opt to save npc's unless they reeeally deserve to die lol and I will always heal/buff randos I pass by
    • Refuse to attack animals, and usually wait to be attacked first. I'm a lover, not a fighter... but catch me outside, and you'll learn all about dat.
    • I prefer perches. I will waste the first moments of a fight just to climb something (dont worry, I make sure my group is healed first lol), and I am always keeping an eye out for a nice rock or hill.If I get knocked down?.... *starts climbing again*
    • I follow pathways... I do not cut across the grass lol, respect those lawns!
    • My main is supposed to be the true master (so I will learn every skill and master what I can) but my alts are restricted to their archetype (i.e. Aetherius is only allowed to master restoration staffs, swords and shields, jewelry, enchanting, and alchemy).
    • Aesthetics.... I refuse to let my characters wear armor that does not match their role, archetype, or personality.

I mean, running around brandishing your cutlery just makes you look agressive! No wonder people want to fight you if you do! ;)

I've just started three new characters to *try* and hardcore RP it through their various alliances. My new Breton is mad as a bag of weasels when it comes to fighting people, but she also doesn't want to kill wild animals. So she's been adventuring with vanish potions in her bag, so she can quickly avoid conflict with creatures. It's quite challenging isn't it!

And I'm completely with you on the armour. My characters are distinctly unshiny, and one or two frankly look a tad...unkempt (the Breton def needs a bath.) I'd love access to more basic raggedy outfits and costumes. And I'm desperate for a pauldron toggle - you don't need them outside of a battlefield situation imho. :)
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's keeping in 1st person view... Really drags you into yourself in game.
    I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    Great thread, I'm saving all the replies to read them one by one.

I only had one RP restricted character and I didn't even think I would use these restrictions all the time. You guys are crazy (in a good way) and now I'll do the same.

My character is a warden, but I'd like to imagine him as a druid (Iron Druid Chronicles heavily inspired me). Using nature magic and nature related mementos, he never picks a fight with animals. And if he's forced to, that being some mean spirit has possessed them, etc. he performs a ritual after killing their physical body just so that their spirit can be free. Some of these spirits have been so grateful, they might decide to stay with me for a while, fighting by my side, giving me the ability use shalks for a limited number of times before I release them for good. I tried to incorporate use of soul gems but it was too complicated so I stopped.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the bear! I roll a dice to see if he wants to join me in my next adventure or do something else he would like, so I don't summon him in the middle of something he might be doing(that'd be very rude, duh). He has a name, no family(saved him from a forest fire when he was a cub), also saved me a ton by licking my wounds. (That last part was inspired by Far Cry's bear companion)
    I make sure to catch fish, or even hunt together every so often to feed him. Before we do this, I ask for permission from Gaia.

My druid is also vegan, so he only eats and drinks things that are completely plant based. It was one of the hardest things to pull off, tbh!

I'm planning to write quests for my next adventure in which I'll pick flowers all over the Tamriel to make a solid flower garden in my home. I'm still not sure how to do it, or even how to get all the flowers without spending crowns. But we'll see.
    Edited by Grandesdar on May 2, 2020 7:24AM
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grandesdar wrote: »
    Great thread, I'm saving all the replies to read them one by one.

I only had one RP restricted character and I didn't even think I would use these restrictions all the time. You guys are crazy (in a good way) and now I'll do the same.

My character is a warden, but I'd like to imagine him as a druid (Iron Druid Chronicles heavily inspired me). Using nature magic and nature related mementos, he never picks a fight with animals. And if he's forced to, that being some mean spirit has possessed them, etc. he performs a ritual after killing their physical body just so that their spirit can be free. Some of these spirits have been so grateful, they might decide to stay with me for a while, fighting by my side, giving me the ability use shalks for a limited number of times before I release them for good. I tried to incorporate use of soul gems but it was too complicated so I stopped.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the bear! I roll a dice to see if he wants to join me in my next adventure or do something else he would like, so I don't summon him in the middle of something he might be doing(that'd be very rude, duh). He has a name, no family(saved him from a forest fire when he was a cub), also saved me a ton by licking my wounds. (That last part was inspired by Far Cry's bear companion)
    I make sure to catch fish, or even hunt together every so often to feed him. Before we do this, I ask for permission from Gaia.

My druid is also vegan, so he only eats and drinks things that are completely plant based. It was one of the hardest things to pull off, tbh!

I'm planning to write quests for my next adventure in which I'll pick flowers all over the Tamriel to make a solid flower garden in my home. I'm still not sure how to do it, or even how to get all the flowers without spending crowns. But we'll see.

I love the Idea of rolling a dice to see if your bear is gonna join you on the fight!

Quite fun idea to only eat vegan stuff too, thanks for sharing
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Sosderosii
    Sosderosii
    ✭✭✭
    I have a character I roleplay as close as I can to how the original Morrowind game was played.
    I mostly slow walk, even with the horse, I don't use fast travel until level 20, when my character will learn how to teleport and even then there will be restrictions to teleportation.
    I disabled all markings that show you quest objectives locations in the world, in the compass and also on the map.
    Worked well without any quest markings in Morrowind and Summerset, where I knew the place from before/quest givers were very informative and I could find the location.
    What I'm missing with this is a way to have the map with the locations of the objectives that quest givers mark on my map, but not have my location, like a GPS, but have found no mod for that yet.
    I also play in first person view but that is mostly because I prefer the more detailed world and goes well with walking instead of running.
    I played with permadeath for a while, then later on switched to dropping all equipment in case of death while questing in Elseweyr.
    It is doable, so far my character lives but I think it encourages me to play too safe so I'm thinking of making it a 2000 gold penalty either donation or in the bank, this character doesn't receive stuff from other characters except if he pays for them a fair value.
    A few times other players saw me travelling slowly or doing other odd stuff and joined me in my quest.
  • Aodra
    Aodra
    ✭✭
    I have always done this. The exact rules depend on my character and how they evolve over time but I always have a story in mind when I make someone and only do things/accept quests they would actually do. I also walk pretty much everywhere unless I'm in a hurry, like in real life.

The walking is actually important to me because I tend to miss things otherwise and it's very relaxing to just mosey through the world while the crazies around me just run everywhere. Always in such a rush.

My favorite character was a Khajit scavenger. She'd run around and pick up random items off beaches and open locked chests that washed up but she wouldn't get wet. Ever. She hated rain and so if it started to rain she'd quickly find shelter and wait... and grumble... If she ended up somewhere she'd have to swim or if the water would go over her boots she'd backtrack and find a way around the water. It was entertaining, to say the least.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After I had made a templar clone of my magSorc which I made for low lvl PVP, I decided to have them be twins rather than pretending they are the same character after I reached lvl50. To explain why they are so very different from each other I made it part of their backstory that during pregnancy each twin stole the potential of the other. So while one is especially gifted at magic the other is almost blind to it, yet the other is strong, swift and skilled with many weapons but her twin is physically frail.

The self-imposed rule is that I will never make that character a magplar and never change the other to a stamsorc.
    I pretend that instead of an Aedric spear it is actually just a regular spear and that the few magicka based spells that the class just can't do without are used through scrolls or enchanted items provided by her sister to cover her weaknesses.

Then there are other rules like "always carry this item", which in the case of my Khajiit is a skooma pipe and some other random items that fit the character.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My general RP rule is simply to do what the character would do.

I like this, and I do it. Have a character on my PC EU account that is (glacially slowly) leveling completely in Cold Harbor. She is a Templar with tattoos covering as much of her as I could find; this is what keeps her (relatively) sane there. She also has the guar pet - got an egg from Honor (who is female in my headcannon).

Many of my characters "start out" or "end up" in Rawl'ka - more specifically at Sleek Creek House which is shared by many of "my" and my spouses characters (many of whom are in the Order of the Dragon - long story).

I choose or avoid skills and questlines according to what the character would do; or in the case of
    Finishing the "main quest" there is a point where you choose to show mercy - or not - to Mannimarco. Now my character Mol gro Durga hates him with a severe passion. But his wife, Fianna is a Breton Templar, and she would show mercy. So Mol did.

A lot of my character's pets reflect where they explored. As an example, a recent Necromancer (result of Telvanni experimentation - which she eventually escaped) was exploring Summerset. She kept noticing this one Wolfhound that no one was taking care of. So she invited him to come along with her, and now "Alinor Dog" is her dog.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Aendruu
    Aendruu
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, @Magenpie. I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread, and I hope that some of the posters from a few years ago are still doing their thing in Tamriel to this day!

As for myself, as a Psijic initiate I take the words of Loremaster Celarus to heart:
    The Psijic Order eschews combat, regarding all violence as a failure of negotiation and diplomacy, which are the highest of the non-magical arts.
    Therefore my combat is entirely defensive (except in the case of daedra!) and I don't harm any passive inhabitants or wildlife; I also try to follow the Psijic virtues of altruism, foresight, precision and objectivity.

Despite being a follower of the Old Ways of Aldmeris, I subscribe to the Phynasterian "virtue of patience and the achievement of victory by taking the slower but surer path", and therefore enjoy wandering about at a walking pace just to absorb the wonderful visual world that the designers and artists have created, and marvelling at the characters that players have made. And I love playing around with the emotes (kudos to the creators of the LovelyEmotes, Custom Idle and Emote Shortcuts addons!)

To amuse myself I'm also creating an Oghma.
    Edited by Aendruu on July 26, 2020 9:24AM
    "So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
    - Regring the Spinner
  • Dovakhan
    Dovakhan
    ✭✭✭
    I headcannon/RP a lot with my Imperial Legion character, although I don't have many self-imposed rules, apart from not doing any criminal acts, always wearing his uniform, not wearing any ridiculous skins, not doing the TG/DB questline (I've other characters for that), and always finishing all content in a zone before being deployed into another one.

A lack of a proper Legion questline/faction makes me sad :/
    Edited by Dovakhan on July 27, 2020 5:32PM
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    I always try to have my character's outfit colors fit the pet and mount colors.

Also, my warden is a hunter and werewolf. No meta endgame build at all, just fun to play and fitting to her beliefs.
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to come back and share some new ones, and of course see what everyone else has shared!
    • Being a warden who loves nature... I hardly buy materials. I go on mat runs to gather what I need, and actually... has made me enjoy the game more. One of the main reasons I love ES titles is the beautiful worlds they create, and lately I've been really enjoying Summerset! The summerset event just made this habit all the more rewarding.
    • As a healer, I'm always healing people as I pass by. I love swooping in and healing right before they die. Yah, they might have potions but.... my heals are free.
    • Now that I have a wireless keyboard for my PS4, my emote usage has skyrocketed xD I always try to greet people with a wave, or other gesture, as well as a farewell. I try to use the emote /laugh or the knee slapper, instead of typing "lol"
    Ithilis wrote: »
    I always try to have my character's outfit colors fit the pet and mount colors.

Also, my warden is a hunter and werewolf. No meta endgame build at all, just fun to play and fitting to her beliefs.

I switch my mount and pet way too often, and have 2 outfits based on what im doing lol. Questing, I have a more down to earth, nothing too flashy, adventurey outfit. Dungeons and trials, I look flashy. Also important so that people can identify the healer lol.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons and trials, I look flashy. Also important so that people can identify the healer

Interesting thought..so now I'm curious.

What would "a healer" wear? I mean on the one hand, the three glow-ies around Sanctuary might be one possible clue, but that's not the only set a good healer might use.

Ya got me thinking .....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted for being off-topic and de-railing the nice thread. :)
    Edited by Magenpie on August 16, 2020 6:04PM
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play on 1 char so I want to experience every content, including DB and Thieves Guild. I created a murder thief alt who now does all the illegal stuff, so that my priest main can live a pious lifestyle. Therefore, I now do not allow him to commit crimes.
    Edited by Athan1 on August 28, 2020 7:41PM
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the only self-imposed rules I have in my head is no fast-travel. To me it diminishes the true size and scope of Tamriel, which in itself is already severely condensed in order to fit into a videogame. Having to go by cart and ship makes me feel more a part of the world, and being required to go by horse to inland destinations may take more time, but it certainly forces you to see more of what the world has to offer.

Another rule of mine is that I don't upgrade the speed of my horse above 10%. This is done purely so that my horse can actually walk when I turn on walk mode. If you have a horse upgraded above 15% your walking animation turns into what used to be your running animation, which I've never liked.

The last rule that I impose upon myself is not done in my head but rather with the use of an addon called 'Pinkiller', which allows you to disable any quest pins on the compass and world map. This is something I also did through mods with Skyrim as I did not want to just follow around a compass pin and ignore everything else. I actually want to be forced to look for things and think about where to go, etc. The downside of this is that unlike Skyrim's 'Even Better Quest Objectives' mod, there is no ESO addon that expands quest journal text to actually make clear where you need to go. Sometimes a quest will say something akin to "Find the klinyers", but you have no idea what 'klinyers' are, where they can be found, etc, as not even the NPCs mentioned it during dialogue. The next thing you know those 'klinyers' are actually native to a small region on the other side of the zone, somewhere you never would have guessed or found unless you turn off the addon to look. I have a small rule where if in real-life the NPC would have specified where to find something, it makes sense to turn on the map pins temporarily to see where the location is. E.g., if an NPC wants me to pick some flowers, I'm sure they would have specified where those flowers would be found (or at least I would have asked for specification if I were my character).

I find that all of my self-imposed rules are really just my attempt at making my ESO experience more similar to my Skyrim experience, and yet it is somehow never quite enough... There's always something that dissapoints me about ESO and how they handle the game experience which you can either choose to turn off in Skyrim or get around with simple mods, either of which are available with ESO.

EDIT:
    I actually have another rule I impose upon myself which I forgot to mention. If quest options clash with what my character would choose, I simply do not complete the quest, and will often simply abandon it if I have no intention of returning to the quest location. This isn't a hard and fast "rule" per se, as I do the Dark Brotherhood questline with my main RP character despite the fact that he would never actually join such an organisation, but some things push it too far for me. The Auridon questline is one such example, as neither me nor my character would ever work against the Veiled Heritance in any way (we would probably join it if we could). Since there is no option for the player to join the Heritance, even if it means failing and being defeated in the end, I simply do not do that questline. Repeat this for sub-zones in Auridon like the College of Aldmeri Propriety, which I still have not completed the quest of.

In a certain sense it's a shame since I think that AD's main questline is by far the best of the three alliances, but I simply cannot lower myself enough to do Auridon's storyline (or even Grahtwood's/Greenshade's) when it means actively destroying the one faction I identify most with.
    Edited by Anumaril on August 16, 2020 6:17PM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of them for me is when lockpicking "Must Close Eyes When Lock Picking"
    So you only use your hearing ;)
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • KingJArthur
    For me, it's mainly to stay in the fantasy and also enjoy the artistic details and story.

Which is a primary reason why I tend to keep the voice chat off--nothing pulls me out of the immersion like some dudes cussing about things completely unrelated to the gameplay at hand.

I also try to avoid PvP for the most part, because I'd rather not focus on such formulaic optimized character builds just to get the most DPS, etc. I enjoy developing characters in a way that fits with who I want them to be in the world.

I do really enjoy the group dungeon queue, but I will often walk back through the dungeon after the boss is defeated, to not only pick up more loot, but to just to get a better look at everything. Most groups will sprint through the entire dungeon at lightning speed, barely even stopping to fight. I'm usually bringing up the rear.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do really enjoy the group dungeon queue, but I will often walk back through the dungeon after the boss is defeated, to not only pick up more loot, but to just to get a better look at everything. Most groups will sprint through the entire dungeon at lightning speed, barely even stopping to fight. I'm usually bringing up the rear.

I Usually solo the Dungeon for the full story immersion.

I would definably turn off the Chat if it was available on PC sounds horrible.

Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • KingJArthur
    WiseSky wrote: »

I would definably turn off the Chat if it was available on PC sounds horrible.

Yes, on console, voice chat is terrible for an RP feel. It can sometimes be a must if you are with a group and stuck on a boss where you need to strategize. I'm getting a wireless keyboard to alleviate some of that.

• WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am currently using a wireless keyboard on my lazyboy...
    nothing better
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    My worst self-imposed handicap is to only becoming a vampire or werefolf through natural means :(

And the single time I encountered a bloodfiend, I accidentally removed the curse...
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    And of course, all of them have their own furnished homes to return to after a long night out.
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn