The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Bucket and Broom challenge!

SirAndy
SirAndy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The rules are simple:

- Create a new character
- Level them to 50 inside the prison area
- Only use your broom as a weapon and wear your bucket at all times (hide helmet is ok but strongly discouraged)
Addendum: Girdle/Belt/Sash and Shoulder pieces are allowed. That should, in theory, allow you to run a full set of gear when combined with jewelry to get the 5 piece bonus.
- You can use dropped jewelry
- Absolutely *no* CP points
- No external aids. No items from your other characters or friends etc., only use items that drop inside the prison, like food and potions.
- Limited external aids allowed to allow repair and recharge: Repair Kits, Soul Gems, XP potions etc.
- You can group with others inside the prison

mueba.gif

Here is my character, "The Dusty Ebony Maid".
And before anyone gets twisted, i modeled her after my girlfriend wife who also plays ESO (but usually does not wear a bucket on her head).

post-2-1491019367.png
Edited by SirAndy on April 25, 2021 8:52PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide helm is OP and should not be allowed!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Updated the first post ...
    :smile:
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have to revise some of the rules, depending on how this goes ...
    idea.gif
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No CP? NO CP.....? :'(
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    No CP? NO CP.....? :'(
    Like i said, i may have to revise the rules.

I'm only level 7 and so far it's been super easy. That may change as the level scaling tapers off though.
    popcorn.gif
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level 9 and the weapon damage is already down to 1164. Starting to feel the effects of level scaling ...
    smile.gif
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    b6138db1f5d02a6b66a4cc659861c0d2_oh-god-no-scared-yaoming-meme-oh-god-no_400-400.jpeg
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I don't have the character slot or time for this right now, but glad to see you're running with it SirAndy.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmmm, which character should I delete . . .
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    The rules are simple:

- Create a new character
    - Only use your broom as a weapon and wear your bucket at all times (hide helmet is ok but strongly discouraged)
    - No external aids. No items from your other characters or friends etc., only use items that drop inside the prison, like food and potions.

mueba.gif

And before anyone gets twisted, i modeled her after my girlfriend who also plays ESO (but usually does not wear a bucket on her head).

post-2-1491019367.png

This is sooooo awesome it makes me want to leave work early . . . does aetheric cipher drop in the wailing prison?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Purist
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rules are simple:

- Create a new character

mueba.gif

And before anyone gets twisted, i modeled her after my girlfriend who also plays ESO (but usually does not wear a bucket on her head).

post-2-1491019367.png

Some people are going to throw on their Nordic bath towels and equip anything they want
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do want to caution one thing.

I have had a character in Wailing Prison for quite some time, and there are some higher level people in there that lay waste to parts of the zone while farming XP. I have to think that this might disrupt the purpose of the Tutorial zone, which is to teach new players questing, combat basics, and to level up before moving onto the next part. The bottom of the stairs is often nothing but piles of bodies, and when they don't spawn fast enough, some of the levelers move off into the areas under the bridges to the eyes. Wailing Prison really isn't a big place and there is not a lot of room for farmers to spread out.

I am somewhat afraid that, if this gets too popular, ZOS is going to have to go in there and drop the hammer to clear people out and prevent higher level characters from being in there.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I accept the Bucket and broom Wailing prison challenge
    HbYJMb9.png

and successfully done it thanks to the XP pie and with crown store XP boost.
    AQSy02K.png
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question @SirAndy. May I use xp mementos, or does those count as external aids? And also, can I wear pants? The ones that doesn't have any armor value that is.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »
    I have a question @SirAndy. May I use xp mementos, or does those count as external aids? And also, can I wear pants? The ones that doesn't have any armor value that is.

Yes, both of those are OK ...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do want to caution one thing.
    I have had a character in Wailing Prison for quite some time, and there are some higher level people in there that lay waste to parts of the zone while farming XP. I have to think that this might disrupt the purpose of the Tutorial zone, which is to teach new players questing, combat basics, and to level up before moving onto the next part. The bottom of the stairs is often nothing but piles of bodies, and when they don't spawn fast enough, some of the levelers move off into the areas under the bridges to the eyes. Wailing Prison really isn't a big place and there is not a lot of room for farmers to spread out.
    I am somewhat afraid that, if this gets too popular, ZOS is going to have to go in there and drop the hammer to clear people out and prevent higher level characters from being in there.
    Good point actually, there were quite a few people farming there last night but it didn't feel too crowded.
    idea.gif
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol Usually she doesn't?

How often does she play with a bucket on her head? lmao
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    Lol Usually she doesn't?
    How often does she play with a bucket on her head? lmao

So far, no bucket for her. But who knows ...
    biggrin.gif
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First post updated ...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As some may have noticed, i haven't been playing much lately.

Anyways, did a few more rounds tonight with The Dusty Ebony Maid, she's level 20 now and things are starting to get tougher.

The broom is down to ~900 damage (from 1300+ at the start) and i clearly picked the wrong class for this challenge.
    unsure.gif
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I cheat ? I'll go do the tutorial area ( since we can do it when ever ) at lvl 49 almost at 50 and just need to kill one mob and pretend I did it

I can't even grind these days so grinding in the tut area would kill me IRL
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I second this.

I think on completion (and exit from Wailing), the Prophet should meet you with head in hand (/ProphetFacepalm)

"So this is the one to save Nirn?"
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "So this is the one to save Nirn?"
    Not sure about saving Nirn, but at least it'll be clean ...
    post-2-1502902608.gif
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where to get the bucket and broom?
    I never got those in my tutorial,
    location please?
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do i use the bucket as a weapon
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where to get the bucket and broom?
    I never got those in my tutorial,
    location please?
    @russelmmendoza
    They were special one time items, i don't think you can get them anymore ...
    sad.gif
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    How do i use the bucket as a weapon
    @Banana
    You don't.
    The bucket is a (heavy armor) helmet and the broom is a 2H weapon (not sure if it counts as a mace or greatsword).
    post-2-1445282250.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on August 18, 2017 6:14PM
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]
    The bucket is a (heavy armor) helmet and the broom is a 2H weapon (not sure if it counts as a mace or greatsword).
    [snip]

What is the story of how you got them? Were they just available in the prison area at one time, and now they aren't?

Also, go Andy go! What level are you up to?
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    [snip]
    What is the story of how you got them? Were they just available in the prison area at one time, and now they aren't?
    Also, go Andy go! What level are you up to?
    @EttinTheBreton
    They were available in the crown store at some point.

Edit: Found the thread!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3952333/p1

PS: I'm level 22 right now
    bye1.gif

Edited by SirAndy on August 18, 2017 6:36PM