The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can my new PC run ESO?

izanagi256
izanagi256
✭✭✭
Hello, my Girl Friend just gifted me a new PC, and I haven't hooked it up yet because I am not sure if it is as good as the computer I was using. I am pretty tech illiterate, so I was wondering if someone could help me to know what kinda performance to expect.

From the spec sheet.

ASRock x570 Phantom Gaming 4
Ryzen 7 3800x (I always heard AMD was worse than Intel)
Nvidia RTX 3080 (I was using I think a 1060 or a 1070)
32gb of ram 3600mhz (I know that the ram is an upgrade from the 16gb I was using)
Liquid Cooling (isn't water dangerous to have around PC parts?)
And I think a 850w 80+ Gold PSU.

Sorry if it was too specific I was just copy pasting the spec sheet pretty much, thank ya'll for the help ahead of time.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    izanagi256 wrote: »
    Can my new PC run ESO?

Yes

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will bookmark this page, I am sure you will get nice responses :smiley:
    Because I can!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You came here to brag, right? Not sure if it is your GF, or the rig you are bragging about.

Either one is fine for playing with.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• izanagi256
    izanagi256
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You came here to brag, right? Not sure if it is your GF, or the rig you are bragging about.

Either one is fine for playing with.

I'm not bragging, literally tech illiterate all the numbers confuse me
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello, my Girl Friend just gifted me a new PC, and I haven't hooked it up yet because I am not sure if it is as good as the computer I was using. I am pretty tech illiterate, so I was wondering if someone could help me to know what kinda performance to expect.

From the spec sheet.

Ryzen 7 3800x (I always heard AMD was worse than Intel)
    32gb of ram 3600mhz (I know that the ram is an upgrade from the 16gb I was using)

Sorry if it was too specific I was just copy pasting the spec sheet pretty much, thank ya'll for the help ahead of time.

Well ASRock certainly makes decent motherboards, so shouldn’t be a problem there. The Ryzen 7 3800x is not the top of the line now (5900x is top dog), it’s still very capable. The RTX-3080 is now one of the best graphics cards available, but the new 6000 series from AMD are looking to be faster and cheaper than their Nvidia counterparts. 32gb of 3600 mHz RAM is great. Liquid cooling isn’t usually a problem especially if they use a name brand AIO (All In One) cooler. If it has tubing type liquid cooling with a reservoir, that takes a lot more skill and could cause problems if not properly done.

The 850W power supply is what I’m not sure about. It’s probably adequate, but just barely.

Still looks like a very nice system and I’m sure you will have a lot of fun with it. Congrats!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

The 850W power supply is what I’m not sure about. It’s probably adequate, but just barely.

Still looks like a very nice system and I’m sure you will have a lot of fun with it. Congrats!

850W is more than enough.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should move on to more demanding games with a rig like that.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, you need atleast 128 GB RAM like everyone else
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • ElCapitanAmericano
    ElCapitanAmericano
    ✭✭✭
    Ryzen 7 3800x(I always heard AMD was worse than Intel)

Is it too late to return the PC and get something else? I'm sure your girlfriend had good intentions, but most of the parts you listed could be improved on. Especially for a gaming PC.
    This is the very cheapest x570 board on the market and is likely to have lots of problems in the future due to being constructed using cheaply made components. A lot of disreputable system builders skimp on the motherboard because they believe that naïve buyers will not be able to tell the difference between a bargain board and a quality one. The Phantom Gaming 4 does not support 2-Way SLI, and only has 2 PCI-E x16 slots. It also does not support wi-fi, which you will eventually regret when your internet temporarily goes down at some point one day and you're unable to use your cellphones high speed wireless connection as a hotspot for uninterrupted play. Wifi is such a small thing for a motherboard to skimp on and is usually a quick indicator of poor board design. The board itself is also cosmetically dated.
    Ryzen 7 3800x
    While not a terrible CPU for a budget PC, the Ryzen 9 would run ESO considerably better. The Ryzen 7 only has six cores and twelve threads. The Ryzen 9 has DOUBLE that with 12 cores and 24 threads. The x570 series motherboard is not necessary for Ryzen 7, so again I question the motives behind whoever built this PC and sold it to your girlfriend. For the money saved going with the 7 instead of the 9, they could have gotten a much better quality motherboard.
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    This is an alright GPU for a budget build, but I wouldn't brag about it. If your case has an "open" design where the parts can be seen from the outside, then I'd consider buying a RTX 3090 sticker for a cheap "upgrade". Casual observers won't be able to tell the difference and you won't have to worry about anyone judging your build or girlfriend for being cheap. BMW drivers do this all the time by rebadging their 3-series with an M3 and anyone who knows nothing about BMW's can't tell the difference.
    32gb of ram 3600mhz
    Make sure you install TESO on a SSD because 3600mhz is very low and you'll probably crash a lot. I'd consider buying a pair of 16GB DDR4 running at 5100mhz unless you're mostly planning to play games like Minecraft or Roblox.
    Liquid Cooling
    This is ok as long as you can remember to keep the coolant topped off and changed at regular intervals. It's a pretty simple DIY task and the tubes pop right off the CPU block for easy draining and refill on most setups.

• MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    Ryzen 7 3800x(I always heard AMD was worse than Intel)

Is it too late to return the PC and get something else? I'm sure your girlfriend had good intentions, but most of the parts you listed could be improved on. Especially for a gaming PC.

Do NOT listen to this person, whom I'm sure has the best intentions from a gaming POV, however....
    if a GF gives you a gift like you just received, then be GRATEFUL! Don't even bring up the fact that you're thinking of returning it unless you want to get a new GF.

BTW... the specs are just fine for playing ESO, or really pretty much anything else out there right now.
    MinnesotaKid

• KingJArthur
    This thread illustrates exactly why I play on a console.

And I've been a software developer / tech lead for over 20 years. I just don't want to bother about such things when it's play time.