The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

TTC doesn't show any listings for the item I've put up for sale (Opal Swarm Mother Shield)

Adventurer
Adventurer
✭✭✭
TTC doesn't have any listings for it, neither for the Opal SW Staff, despite me putting up the SW Shield on sale.

Is this bugged? I put it up well over an hour ago. Or does it take longer to update?

It's interesting that various Opal styles aren't shown yet, as if the style doesn't exist at all on TTC.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Completely new items need some time (days?) before they appear in TTC, so for now we can find only opals from previous event.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve encountered the same as I posted two of the new items for sale on Thursday and as of last night, still could not find them on the TTC website. (I do have the TTC add-on running and I scanned all listings and reloaded UI for good measure.)

I hadn’t known that new items would take a while to appear regardless of listings; it is good to know for the future.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Makes sense! That's a pity, I was hoping you could find them more easily there.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the new ones have been added now. :)

It was frustrating me too, no data on TTC and (less surprising) nothing through Arkadius' Trade Tools meant I was having to guess at what they might be worth. I think I'm going to have to re-list some stuff now there's estimates appearing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know too much about how TTC works but I am thinking this might help make items appear on TTC faster.

1. Download the APP for TTC
    2. List the item
    3. Go to your Trader where your item is listed
    4. Then search for your items

I believe once a player ( who has the addon ) visits your trader then the database is updated and you should be able to see it listed on TTC.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I don't know too much about how TTC works but I am thinking this might help make items appear on TTC faster.

1. Download the APP for TTC
    2. List the item
    3. Go to your Trader where your item is listed
    4. Then search for your items

I believe once a player ( who has the addon ) visits your trader then the database is updated and you should be able to see it listed on TTC.

That is what I thought too but that is not what happened. I’m guessing that the add-on creators also have to add the item to TTC itself for it to recognize listings. I have TTC and made sure to scan and update my listings after posting some of the new items for sale on Thursday but still could not find them listed on the website even days after (whereas recognized items would appear right away). I’m not complaining about TTC as it is a fantastic service, only it is good to know for future new items that they will be only seen by players browsing a trader directly and so probably better to wait in most cases.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want automated uploads of guild trader data to their servers, you either need the companion app running or you need to manually upload the "SavedVariables/TamrielTradeCentre.lua" file.

Here's what i do and it always works:

- List something in a guild store
    - Go to that guild store and browse the selection. For smaller stores, i browse all pages.
    - Go to https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/WebClient
    - Click "Browse" and upload "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables\TamrielTradeCentre.lua"
    - Wait for a few minutes (i think the website gets refreshed every 5 minutes)
    - Go to https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/ and the items you scanned should be there

type.gif

Edited by SirAndy on December 7, 2020 4:11PM
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Makes sense! That's a pity, I was hoping you could find them more easily there.
    SirAndy wrote: »
    If you want automated uploads of guild trader data to their servers, you either need the companion app running or you need to manually upload the "SavedVariables/TamrielTradeCentre.lua" file.

Here's what i do and it always works:

- List something in a guild store
    - Go to that guild store and browse the selection. For smaller stores, i browse all pages.
    - Go to https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/WebClient
    - Click "Browse" and upload "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables\TamrielTradeCentre.lua"
    - Wait for a few minutes (i think the website gets refreshed every 5 minutes)
    - Go to https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/ and the items you scanned should be there

type.gif

What is the companion app? I had TTC addon running in the background and loaded in the game while listing the item.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventurer wrote: »
    What is the companion app? I had TTC addon running in the background and loaded in the game while listing the item.

It's separate from the AddOn, a windows executable that runs in the background and automatically uploads TTC data to their servers. The reason you need either a companion app or a manual upload is because ESO AddOns can't access any websites or do TCP/UDP connections.

I prefer to do this manually at my leisure since i don't like the idea of having a 3rd party exe run in the background.
    shades.gif

Edited by SirAndy on December 7, 2020 5:05PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the TTC EsoUI webpage:
    https://esoui.com/downloads/info1245-TamrielTradeCentre.html

"client.exe" is the companion app ...

Install Instruction:

1. Download and unzip the files under ESO addon folder (default is Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns) Or you can install it with Minion
    2. When you are playing ESO, run the client executable (client.exe) under Client folder
    3. Enjoy the game

For Mac users and people whos afraid of exe file. Webclient (beta) is available online. Go to http://tamrieltradecentre.com/ and select your region. Click on Addon -> Webclient and follow the instructions
    Edited by SirAndy on December 7, 2020 5:04PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a symptom of guild history not updating while you are online. It’s skewing the functionality of addons that depend on that history. In theory the TTC data tables should be updated when someone running the addon access the store with your item in it, but only if they do a full scan.

The workaround is to quit the game and completely close the client, then log back in. Then run the “scan all listings” TTC routine in the guild store interface.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    From the TTC EsoUI webpage:
    https://esoui.com/downloads/info1245-TamrielTradeCentre.html

"client.exe" is the companion app ...

In that case that's the one I mentioned running in the background - I always have it on.
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    This is a symptom of guild history not updating while you are online. It’s skewing the functionality of addons that depend on that history. In theory the TTC data tables should be updated when someone running the addon access the store with your item in it, but only if they do a full scan.

The workaround is to quit the game and completely close the client, then log back in. Then run the “scan all listings” TTC routine in the guild store interface.

Thanks, I'll try that!