The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

XBOX: Infinite Load Screens when Logging Out to Character Select Screen

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
Platform: Xbox 1X
Server: Xbox NA

Issue:
Since the launch of Greymoor this morning, when I try to return to the character select screen by logging out of a character, I get stuck in an infinite load screen. This forces me to exit the game and restart it. The first time I tried to log out to return to the character select screen this mornoing, it worked. Since then, I've tried to log out to the character screen seven times. Six times resulted in an infinite load screen, one time the game crashed to the Xbox dashboard while on the load screen.
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MurderMostFoul

Deleting your local save data can help with getting your character to load in.

To delete save data on the Xbox One
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
    2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4. Select Manage Game. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @MurderMostFoul

2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    5. Select Delete.

Thanks, I'll try this. But idk if my issue is related to my character loading in. The infinite load takes place while loading the character selection screen.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on June 10, 2020 7:52PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MurderMostFoul

2. Go to Games.
    5. Select Delete.

This made a work better, but I am still getting some infinite load screens when logging out to the character selection screen.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @MurderMostFoul

Thank you for letting us know that clearing the local save cache has improved the situation.

Have you tried reinstalling ESO on your console?
    Staff Post
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MurderMostFoul

Thank you for letting us know that clearing the local save cache has improved the situation.

Have you tried reinstalling ESO on your console?

The issue is tolerable right now as it only happens around 1/3 of the time now. But if it returns 100%, I'll re-download and report the the results.
  • Lazarian
    Lazarian
    I'm having the same issue, went to reapers March to do some scrying then boom game freezes for no reason. Load in, freezes in the same spot again. Now it just freezes at the load screen. Character name on xbox na is Runs With Sharp Objects, my other characters load fine. Was doing the final dragonhold quest and the game froze like 30 times (a bit of an exaggeration, but the game did freeze a ton during that quest)
  • Lazarian
    Lazarian
    I just deleted my local save data, and it still freezes at the load screen.
  • Lazarian
    Lazarian
    @ZOS_BillE can you look into this for me?
  • Lazarian
    Lazarian
    This is my main character, my crafter, that is affected.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Lazarian wrote: »
    This is my main character, my crafter, that is affected.

I have a similar issue after going through a location in Reapers March. I would put in a bug report and ask if support can move your character to a different location.

I couldn’t get in because there’s something wrong with a location near Moon Hunters Keep dungeon.

I bought an Alliance change token which logs you in to the capital city of your new Alliance. So I’m no longer stuck trying to load into Reapers March, I’m in Mournhold as I changed from AD to EP.

Obviously, expensive to do. Hopefully support will move my other character without charging me.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If your game is completely freezing up after getting stuck loading, you are likely running into the crashing issue which will be fixed in an upcoming patch. Further details can be found here.
    Staff Post