The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quality of items in loot dropping from harrowstorms purely rng like dolmens?

daemondamian
daemondamian
✭✭✭
As per the title also though is the content (eg set items vs satchels) rng too?
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think so. I can only recall once I got something "nice" (a motif) from a Harrowstorm itself though. Most of the "good" loot comes out of the satchels for completing the daily quest or so it would seem.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten anything worth noting, yet.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your replies. I found these comments on reddit

"They are the equivalent of dolmens, so yes. You get a piece of jewelry, plus a chance at various things like alchemy ingredients, furnishing plans or treasure maps, and treasure to sell. They could probably stand to buff the quality of the drops though as they are pretty lack luster, considering how difficult they are. If they added a motif or something, people might feel more motivated to do them."

"Not only it also includes Alchemy stuff, ash, recipes and possible leads :)"

I've gotten all of that, sometimes I'll only get green jewellery & alchemy stuff several times in a row versus blue, purple jewellery and or satchels with maps, recipes or minor value vampiric furnishing plans that I already know.

I did get a plan for the vampiric standing mirror once but ate it instead of selling it, as I didn't know any mirror plans and wanted to be able craft them for any home as needed using mats I already have.
  • Scottfree2
    Scottfree2
    ✭✭✭
    Yah, i recently started the Markath expansion storyline, dailies etc, after not doing any harrow storms for a few months.

After completing a few and dying a time or two (on a Tank character), i did find myself thinking "Wow the rewards for this are pretty pathetic".

So now ive completed the storyline, i dont see any reason to spend any more time in this zone, same as Western Skyrim.

Just my 02c
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've yet to find anything that's worth the time spent in chasing these things down and finishing them. Every few months I'll do one for the fun of it...only to be reminded they're not.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scottfree2 wrote: »
    Yah, i recently started the Markath expansion storyline, dailies etc, after not doing any harrow storms for a few months.

After completing a few and dying a time or two (on a Tank character), i did find myself thinking "Wow the rewards for this are pretty pathetic".

So now ive completed the storyline, i dont see any reason to spend any more time in this zone, same as Western Skyrim.

Just my 02c

The harrowstorms in the Reach seem smaller and easily to accomplish with a smaller group than the ones in W. Skyrim. At least I think so, and have found that others felt so too.

I pick up the dailies for both but only complete the harrowstorm in the Reach as they'll give you credit for the W.Skyrim daily as well.
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »

Just my 02c

The harrowstorms in the Reach seem smaller and easily to accomplish with a smaller group than the ones in W. Skyrim. At least I think so, and have found that others felt so too.

I pick up the dailies for both but only complete the harrowstorm in the Reach as they'll give you credit for the W.Skyrim daily as well.

I didn't know you could do that - great idea!
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've farmed about a hundred of the reach storms at this point trying to get more vampire windows, to no avail. I have gotten quite a few of the new vampire furnishing recipes from the satchels or whatever they are. They also occasionally drop Greymoor motifs as well. Otherwise, it's the same jewelry drops and sometimes a random piece of overland gear.
    Edited by UntilValhalla13 on December 6, 2020 10:37AM
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    I've farmed about a hundred of the reach storms at this point trying to get more vampire windows, to no avail. I have gotten quite a few of the new vampire furnishing recipes from the satchels or whatever they are. They also occasionally drop Greymoor motifs as well. Otherwise, it's the same jewelry drops and sometimes a random piece of overland gear.

I've done maybe 30ish to 50 Reach HS (hard to keep count as I've used not just my main but several other alt characters too) and I think I have now got around 33 vampiric windows in total.

I'm not sure where that places me on the RNG spectrum compared to you?
    Edited by daemondamian on December 6, 2020 1:44PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »

Just my 02c

They're the exact same as Western Skyrim, but like with Southern Eslweyr the zone is smaller making them easier to spot and get to. Also the Reach ones come with the Stained Glass lead and with the higher player count are easier to do.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've done maybe 30ish to 50 Reach HS (hard to keep count as I've used not just my main but several other alt characters too) and I think I have now got around 33 vampiric windows in total.

I have 4...... I need 6 more. I haven't had one drop in literal weeks. They dropped once or twice a day, the first few days after the patch dropped, and it's been nothing ever since.

And just to be sure, no, there's not one queued up to be scryed that I just overlooked. I legitimately thought I capped out or something. I'm literally wasting hours of my life trying to farm these, all the while, every storm makes my ps4 sounds like a jet engine.
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭

I have 4...... I need 6 more. I haven't had one drop in literal weeks. They dropped once or twice a day, the first few days after the patch dropped, and it's been nothing ever since.

And just to be sure, no, there's not one queued up to be scryed that I just overlooked. I legitimately thought I capped out or something. I'm literally wasting hours of my life trying to farm these, all the while, every storm makes my ps4 sounds like a jet engine.

Sorry to hear - that sucks :\

If it's any consolation my RNG has been bad with other antiquity furnishings like the Golden Idol of Morihaus which I only have one of.

I actually think I must have done at least 50 Reach HS or maybe more because I've done many where I didn't get the lead though I'm not sure of the ratio.

• Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭

Really ?? I've done in total with several characters about 80 HS in the Reach, and got exactly 3 vampiric windows leads.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve done around 40 so far and I don’t think I will be doing any more. 😡

I’ve got absolutely nothing from these things except ash, a few mushrooms, one or two green items and a bunch of low value vendor junk. The dailies I’ve done seem determined to give me nothing but zone sets I’ve already got 🤮

No furniture, nothing interesting, nothing I couldn’t get by cracking open a few treasure chests or harvesting some alchemy ingredients... and for what? The same experience points you get from turning a couple of dark anchors white on the map!

Also I’m bored of these pointless, untelegraphed one shots. How is it fair to get hit for over 80,000 damage when you have no current negative effects on you and you’re not standing in f#£@ing red 🤬

In terms of loot and experience points just roaming around the zone killing wildlife is far more efficient. Definitely not worth the effort 😠

Let’s face it, the RNG here is set up for one reason and one reason only. To force you to buy the furniture at some point in the cash shop 🤔