The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Let's be honest about the current meta in PvP

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (reply)
    Even in the midst of the procpocalypse, the main determining factor in the outcome of a fight is player skill. Proc sets don't turn awful players into gods. In general, better players will still win more than they lose. People who take the time to research and experiment with gear will still do better than those who don't bother to optimize their build.

Is the proc meta my idea of fun? No, but it isn't the no-skill proctopia that some complain about.
    That depends entirely on the situation. Some people tend to speak about balance as though every fight were a duel, or from the perspective of someone that usually has a dedicated healer along. Fact is, when you're in a fight against someone who's actually good, and a not-so-good player jumps in, proc sets - and the other stuff such a meta enables - make them a lot more dangerous than they otherwise would be. Anyone who can figure out how to equip Unleashed Terror and a Maelstrom 2h, along with at least one other of a variety of proc set options, immediately becomes dangerous when they add on to a fight. And it's even more of an issue if you're on a class that lacks cleanses and/or has weak self healing.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (reply)
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Even in the midst of the procpocalypse, the main determining factor in the outcome of a fight is player skill. Proc sets don't turn awful players into gods. In general, better players will still win more than they lose. People who take the time to research and experiment with gear will still do better than those who don't bother to optimize their build.

Is the proc meta my idea of fun? No, but it isn't the no-skill proctopia that some complain about.
    That depends entirely on the situation. Some people tend to speak about balance as though every fight were a duel, or from the perspective of someone that usually has a dedicated healer along. Fact is, when you're in a fight against someone who's actually good, and a not-so-good player jumps in, proc sets - and the other stuff such a meta enables - make them a lot more dangerous than they otherwise would be. Anyone who can figure out how to equip Unleashed Terror and a Maelstrom 2h, along with at least one other of a variety of proc set options, immediately becomes dangerous when they add on to a fight. And it's even more of an issue if you're on a class that lacks cleanses and/or has weak self healing.

That is certainly a fair point. Every fight, to some degree, is situational; fights don't happen in a vacuum. I made a generalization: better players will generally do better. Sometimes a 1v1 turns into a dogpile, sometimes you make a mistake, sometimes you press a button and simply nothing happens, etc. I contend that these things can and do happen regardless of the meta. Do they happen more or have a greater impact because we are in a proc meta? I don't think I could honestly and objectively say one way or the other.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Vyseman
    Vyseman
    ✭✭✭
    This meta is fun!
    Its Fun ofc. finaly a new Meta lol.
    First it was hard to play against Procs but now i dont have any Problems. It also remember me to the Good Old Time with Widowmaker/Blackrose Viper, Tremorscale :blush:
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know
    Vyseman wrote: »
    Its Fun ofc. finaly a new Meta lol.
    First it was hard to play against Procs but now i dont have any Problems. It also remember me to the Good Old Time with Widowmaker/Blackrose Viper, Tremorscale :blush:

I do remember and snipe desync is just as bad ATM. I have a clip of me literally falling over dead with full health.... Then snipe snipe snipe....

Anyway.... Would much rather deal with WWs or Procs over snipe desync....

Just so darn annoying
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I care that much. If it's fun and affective, I'm in there.
    Just don't teabag, after zerging solo players down with 50 different armor sets doing your killing :D

Lets not let light armor/magicka procs sets slide under the rug, those are strong too! >:)
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sick and tired of this proc set meta!
    It's absolutely boring and for the first time; I've stopped playing not just because of performance. Although performance issues make it more annoying as you can't get a cleanse off or actually chain abilities together, while someone just gap closes and light attacks their damage.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and what's the point of the poll? nobody at zos cares, new dlc is out so people buy it to get the strongest weapon. You are playing a business, not a game.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the meta is as disgusting as it has been since the release of mythic items. Those are still a plague to this day, and will be on from now. Just another brick on the wall between me and this game.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    procc sets are META? What game do u playing? i see more and more 2h/sword & board / frenzied momentum / 30k+ hp builds.in comparison, i see little real procc builds

You just described a proc build 😂👍
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    procc sets are META? What game do u playing? i see more and more 2h/sword & board / frenzied momentum / 30k+ hp builds.in comparison, i see little real procc builds

i know what u mean, but no. these guys didnt use procc sets, because they simply suck against small scale, mid scale, large scale, Templer, Necros, Wardens, Nightblades and every solo player with ring of the pale order. Procc sets are not META, and not OP.
    Edited by Luede on December 1, 2020 3:03PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (reply)

i know what u mean, but no. these guys didnt use procc sets, because they simply suck against small scale, mid scale, large scale, Templer, Necros, Wardens, Nightblades and every solo player with ring of the pale order. Procc sets are not META, and not OP.
    Are you playing exclusively CP-enabled Cyrodill or something? Because in no-CP BGs, proc sets are absolutely 100% the meta. It's not even arguable. Like, at all.

There are Stamina builds that can play with 0 proc sets and still do really well, and the same is mostly true for Magicka Sorcerers, but that doesn't mean that proc sets aren't simply better in most cases. Because they are.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I respectfully disagree, proc sets are 100% the meta. Not so much in IC. Aside from crimson and alessian werewolves. Almost everyone I fight in battlegrounds or cyrodill is 30k+ health and wearing at least 2 proc sets. I would say 1 in 3 are wearing crimson. I am not denying your experience, but certainly would argue your definition of the meta. Especially since you just described an isolated interaction with a group of players.

I am using the pale order ring, tbh I don't think it's that great and I am using it on a stamsorc in 2 stat damage sets with lots of bleeds etc... So I believe I am getting as much as I can from it. From my tests it favours attrition over burst, which is why I took it this route.

Out of interest what do you think is currently meta, aside from high health and pale order? I only agree with the first bit. I am the only person in my guild using pale order as far as I know. It's not enough healing to replace a hot for example.
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (reply)
    The proc meta is bad, but to be clear it's not just procs. It's a a proc-tank meta. Stacking 35K HP, Malacath, a Proc set, and EV. Hell, even vatreshan destro. Now you have such reliable damage and incredible sustain.

This is significantly worse than when you were being hit by sheer venom+hunters venom by a single button. That was horrible, but at least you could kill the cheese and at least prone to bad positioning.

PVP isn't enjoyable in its current state.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know
    The proc meta is bad, but to be clear it's not just procs. It's a a proc-tank meta. Stacking 35K HP, Malacath, a Proc set, and EV. Hell, even vatreshan destro. Now you have such reliable damage and incredible sustain.

This is significantly worse than when you were being hit by sheer venom+hunters venom by a single button. That was horrible, but at least you could kill the cheese and at least prone to bad positioning.

Agreed.

Although getting hit by a triple/quad proc player can hurt, if you catch them they go down like a sack of *ZOS-friendly wording*. The good players are running EV or (sometimes and) Alessian, Malacath and 1 or 2 procs. These guys are a lot harder to take down and they eat the triple/quad proc players for breakfast - the DOTs just won't cut through the health regen. The average player hasn't caught up to this yet - they think you just shove on a bunch of procs and you win. No no no. The proc tank is the real meta... Or it will be soon.
    Edited by Xiomaro on December 1, 2020 8:43PM
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know
    Xiomaro wrote: »

Agreed.

Although getting hit by a triple/quad proc player can hurt, if you catch them they go down like a sack of *ZOS-friendly wording*. The good players are running EV or (something and) Alessian, Malacath and 1 or 2 procs. These guys are a lot harder to take down and they eat the triple/quad proc players for breakfast - the DOTs just won't cut through the health regen. The average player hasn't caught up to this yet - they think you just shove on a bunch of procs and you win. No no no. The proc tank is the real meta... Or it will be soon.

I dunno, I dont see any health regen matching a 9.8k no CP (after BS) no Crit insta heal for 3k mag. With access to mending, streak and conversion.

Both are tanks yes, but the Sorc version is always over looked and can sport pure procs. Warden can as well, not as big of a heal, but actually has even higher damage potential
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know
    Xiomaro wrote: »

Agreed.

Although getting hit by a triple/quad proc player can hurt, if you catch them they go down like a sack of *ZOS-friendly wording*. The good players are running EV or (something and) Alessian, Malacath and 1 or 2 procs. These guys are a lot harder to take down and they eat the triple/quad proc players for breakfast - the DOTs just won't cut through the health regen. The average player hasn't caught up to this yet - they think you just shove on a bunch of procs and you win. No no no. The proc tank is the real meta... Or it will be soon.

I dunno, I dont see any health regen matching a 9.8k no CP (after BS) no Crit insta heal for 3k mag. With access to mending, streak and conversion.

Both are tanks yes, but the Sorc version is always over looked and can sport pure procs. Warden can as well, not as big of a heal, but actually has even higher damage potential

I wasn't implying that health regen was the only form of defence. The health regen just acts as a buffer to nullify procs while the health-scaling heals do the rest of the work.

Proc Sorcs are a totally different beast but also very strong. I would put proc Sorcs right up with the proc tanks. At least in BGs, Azureblight sorc seems to be the best way to deal with cross healing premades. I've noticed a lot of premades starting to run one Azureblight sorc and 3 cross healing Wardens.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the vateshran destro is so good even stamina builds use it, meanwhile i don't see mag builds using the 2h vateshran.
    one thing with vateshran 2h is that the heavy attack works from the other bar, quite unbalanced.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know
    Sergykid wrote: »
    the vateshran destro is so good even stamina builds use it, meanwhile i don't see mag builds using the 2h vateshran.
    one thing with vateshran 2h is that the heavy attack works from the other bar, quite unbalanced.

And unfortunately the LA HA change really only opens options for stam to use more ranged weapons
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (reply)
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Stamina builds can get just as much use out of Elemental Drain as magicka builds can, and don't need to spend any resources to apply the debuff. That same dynamic does not exist in the case of magicka builds that might want to utilize the Vateshran 2h weapons. What magicka build, especially in no-CP, is going to be able to afford to keep Momentum active + use other stamina abilities in order to build buff stacks? In practice, if the build was able to still be referred to as "magicka," you'd probably eat an unbreakable CC before you were even able to build enough stacks (which only provide weapon damage) to trigger the burst with a heavy attack.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I see the title of this thread pop up I am reminded of a co-worker that started off many explanations with "I am not going to lie to you". It always made me think he was lying to us and just saying that to throw us off any suspicion.

So are we really being honest here?
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (reply)
    Both proc sets and stamcro/stamden are absolutely awful and I don't think that I'll play PvP until this is fixed to be honest. I have the feeling that they have given up on PvP at all.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play all sorts of characters and sets in pvp. I dunno, on ps4 i don't see all that much prog sets on my death recaps, maybe it's not such a big deal here. But what i have found to being succesful now is to have health over 30k, the closer to 40k the better. And then high recovery, the closer to 3k the better, on your main resourse pool. Winning.