The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

In Game Gold Supply Question

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Technically there is not a limited supply of money in the real world. I have a dollar and lend you that dollar. It’s now the equivalent of two dollars.

That’s a basic look at the economics. There is several measurements of money in the economy that look at it from different angles. Lending, investments, and more can all affect to total.

Only because of central banking and the fiat currency created out of thin air, if we went back to a gold standard there would be a limited supply.

That speaks only to the narrow measurement of money in the economy (M0/M1) but ignores that 100k you have deposited in a bank.

Here is some information on the common measurement of money that economics looks at. This link explains M1, M2, and M3, but there is also an M4. This would still be the case if we were still on the gold standard. That did not change this.
  • Ecileh71
    Ecileh71
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Technically there is not a limited supply of money in the real world. I have a dollar and lend you that dollar. It’s now the equivalent of two dollars.

That’s a basic look at the economics. There is several measurements of money in the economy that look at it from different angles. Lending, investments, and more can all affect to total.

I was thinking about physical money--bills and coins. More can always be printed, but at any given time there is a limited number of each in circulation.
  • Ecileh71
    Ecileh71
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Ecileh71 wrote: »
    Thanks, guys. I was saving up to buy a second house, but I really can't find the right one. Most are WAY too big for my tastes and the ones that are not are not located in convenient places.

I will continue to hoard my gold and hope something perfect comes along.

Why choose when you can purchase all of them?

One of my favorites is Sleek Creek. Right near a thieves den and not far from town. Also made for a fine party place for my Khajiit.

I actually love Sleek Creek and purchased it a couple of years ago, but even though I did similar things to create an outdoor living space, it is now feeling rather stuffed to the gills.

I bought Grymhearth last night and began to furnish it. Might as well spend the gold!