The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Regarding physical CD version and Steam

Dracindo
Dracindo
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry if this has been asked before.

So, I bought ESO somewhere back in 2014 (if memory serves well), which came as 4 CD's, and now I see some friends playing it on Steam.
I know I can play with them, no problem, but I have a few questions.

1. Since I don't have it on Steam, I presume I can't buy DLC's for this game via Steam (or Humble Bundle)?
2. Can I somehow get ESO and my account on Steam without buying the game again?
I know I can add it as a Non-Steam game, but that won't help me in what I'm trying to achieve, right?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can transfer your existing account to Steam. However, Steam adds nothing to the game, as in your Steam Friends will not be your ESO Friends. So you can add them into the game directly.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That much I knew, I played with Steam Friends before.

What matters to me, is that I can get better deals for DLC's on Steam or third party sites like Humble Bundle, who give great discounts for ESO stuff.
    Also, the official store here, I kinda don't trust. Paranoia that what I buy might not work because I buy a digital key for my non-digitally bought game. (if that makes sense)