Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "#TamrielTogether—Alliance War Tips from Fengrush & Bislobo"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
git76et45zvf.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "#TamrielTogether—Alliance War Tips from Fengrush & Bislobo"

You can find one of the most challenging group activities in The Elder Scrolls Online in Cyrodiil’s PvP zone. To help those new to the Alliance War, we’ve asked two experts, Fengrush and Bislobo from the ESO Stream Team, to provide some tips on how to conquer Tamriel’s battlefields.
Staff Post
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No tips on dealing with lag? Me not interested then...
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most important tip is missing. (One that Fengrush should know well) Only play stamina specs if you want reliable success and a good time.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a reasonably good overview of the basics.

Now do us a favor, ZOS, and repost this when Midyear Mayhem starts up again and your event tickets bring all the "I'm a PVE Quester, what do you mean I have to prepare for PVP in a PVP-enabled zone?" players to the yard.

Maybe they'll listen if you say it.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 19, 2020 12:16AM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lmao straight up grouping propaganda from the very first line. Notice neither of these so-called "experts" mention that healers HAVE to be in groups now.
    Edited by renne on November 19, 2020 1:53AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dont bother...
    It'll be less frustating than dealing with the lag, disconnects, abitary changes, etc.

“Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No disrespect to those 2 but in real if you ask them for the same topic, it'd be a very different discussion.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    git76et45zvf.png
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "#TamrielTogether—Alliance War Tips from Fengrush & Bislobo"

You can find one of the most challenging group activities in The Elder Scrolls Online in Cyrodiil’s PvP zone. To help those new to the Alliance War, we’ve asked two experts, Fengrush and Bislobo from the ESO Stream Team, to provide some tips on how to conquer Tamriel’s battlefields.

QqN4.gif
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on November 20, 2020 5:56AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    Lmao straight up grouping propaganda from the very first line. Notice neither of these so-called "experts" mention that healers HAVE to be in groups now.
    I don't see why that's a bad thing. Healers are an important part of the game and it's nice they were made relevant for pvp content.
    I've played a healer for almost 4 years in pvp now and I like how Zenimax made healers and non Templar healers relevant in their unique way with different strengths and weaknesses..
    I love it that just putting 2 Templar healers in a group no longer is the best combination( for any situation) in fact for fast mobile groups the nightblade/nekro healer combo is strongest while in stationary zerg fights the Templar/Warden combo is strongest and the sorc and dk healers are potent off healers and support builds for purge and negates /snare and talons.
    So, yes it's proper that while walking through siege and getting peppered by all the wanna be legolases that you should need a healer to tank that damage on a permanent basis.
    I think it's awesome that people finally realize how a competent healer can really amplify the groups strength and how the healer screwing up can sometimes instantly cause a wipe.
    There is nothing more gratifying then hearing a dps say "how the duck am I still alive" or "I'm so dead now" only to hear your healer answer "I gotcha bud don't worry".

Sincerely in the name of many healers who are finally beeing appreciated
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    The most important tip is missing. (One that Fengrush should know well) Only play stamina specs if you want reliable success and a good time.

Maby for zerg surfing or "solo game play" as some people call it.
    In any halfway organized group I'll take a Magblade any day over a stamblade.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

12 man rapid regen, proxy det stacking ballgrps are pretty norm.
    Yes stamina is more forgiving for solo play, but really only a few classes.
    Mag definetly shines in grp play due to cross healing potential.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Maby on PC I they are common wouldn't know. But basically your right. They are a whole lot easier to keep alive then stamina builds even thou the rapid regen isn't stronger then echoing vigor on most dps builds and doesn't hit as many classes. Shields help alot with survivability.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Maby on PC I they are common wouldn't know. But basically your right. They are a whole lot easier to keep alive then stamina builds even thou the rapid regen isn't stronger then echoing vigor on most dps builds and doesn't hit as many classes. Shields help alot with survivability.

With radiating regen you don't have to be as stacked as with echoing.
    I think it's mostly to do with most strong utility being mag based, proxy det and mag ults.
    Db is nice in smaller fights but not as impactful large scale.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    I don't see why that's a bad thing. Healers are an important part of the game and it's nice they were made relevant for pvp content.
    I've played a healer for almost 4 years in pvp now and I like how Zenimax made healers and non Templar healers relevant in their unique way with different strengths and weaknesses..
    I love it that just putting 2 Templar healers in a group no longer is the best combination( for any situation) in fact for fast mobile groups the nightblade/nekro healer combo is strongest while in stationary zerg fights the Templar/Warden combo is strongest and the sorc and dk healers are potent off healers and support builds for purge and negates /snare and talons.
    So, yes it's proper that while walking through siege and getting peppered by all the wanna be legolases that you should need a healer to tank that damage on a permanent basis.
    I think it's awesome that people finally realize how a competent healer can really amplify the groups strength and how the healer screwing up can sometimes instantly cause a wipe.
    There is nothing more gratifying then hearing a dps say "how the duck am I still alive" or "I'm so dead now" only to hear your healer answer "I gotcha bud don't worry".

Sincerely in the name of many healers who are finally beeing appreciated

I don't know why you replied to me with this because I was talking about how healers are forced to be in groups and not anything at all about their apparent sudden relevance (???????), because I played a healer in PvP too before the forced grouping change.

Before this healers have always been "relevant" for PvP content, especially when they weren't forced to be in groups otherwise they can't heal anyone else. Healing anyone of your alliance you come across is far more "relevant" than only being able to heal up to 11 other people you're grouped with while having to stand by and watch someone else in your alliance die because they're not in your group so you can't heal them too anymore.

And healers could also always be in group before this, so it's not like all the things you're saying are suddenly brand new changes.