The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Contacted support in early august about a player taking my gold and then disapearing

tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
Created a ticket in early august and then didn't hear anything in a few weeks about a player that was supposed to sell me a character slot but went up in smoke as soon as he had my money. A few weeks later I asked if anything was happening and got the reply that they were looking into it. And then nothing. Abslutely nothing. Impressive support.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 19, 2020 1:27PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand your frustration and hope that you are able to have your gold restored, but it is really on the player rather than ZOS that your gold was stolen. Of course if you were told that it was being looked into, you have a right to expect some follow-up, some conclusion, in a reasonable period of time.
  • tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
    I can live without that gold. I know plenty of players reported this guy. But that they didn't even bother to respond to me is whats irritating me. But thats the same level as when I've tried to contact them a few other times about other things.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you replied to the ticket if it asked you too, otherwise they will assume it was resolved. I also assume you haven't submitted multiple tickets as they will simply push it to the back of the queue each time. I suggest you post your ticket number and mark the post for @ZOS_GinaBruno 's attention then you may get an update on it. However, be cautious whenever trading with another player - caveat emptor (let the buyer beware). Such trades are not officially supported.
    I know. I don't expect to get the gold back. Just wanted to let others know. Besides banning people for writing things they don't like in the forums they just don't do much besides introducing new bugs with the patches
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve received good support when I’ve submitted tickets through the website, both when I wanted an item refunded and when there was a problem with one of my characters (unable to join groups). I know that when you report someone you won’t be told what if any action is taken, which makes sense, and in some ways might apply here, except that you were hoping to get your gold back. I would do as @Tandor suggests and post your ticket number for someone to follow up with you.
    Well a miracle could happen so here it is
    # 200802-006909
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably tag @ZOS_Adrikoth too - as he does seem to pick up on that sort of issue more than Gina does these days.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to say if ZOS wants to get involved into policing the game, because it might be really hard to tell who has a legit claim in this case. I will give you a scenario, where the story could be quite different and it couldn't be decided who is legit and who isn't without to log private chat as well.

Now here is the alternative story. Someone doesn't like another player much by whatever reasons and tries to through dirt on him. The idea is to discredit him. Approaching it by being friendly to the target and making a donation (which he will later claim to be the price being paid for getting a character slot). If the target keeps the donation he then raises a ticket basically claiming the story presented in this thread, in order to discredit the target.

So if ZOS doesn't store private chat, how could they know who's story is correct - this is the problem with this ticket IMO.

Edit: Btw I believe you - I just want to point out, that if ZOS would have to police this kind of thing, they would have to log all chat as well and eventually review it. And if they do, I would personally feel pretty uncomfortable knowing this - maybe they do already, maybe they don't - but they would have to if they would have to fairly police issues like you raised here. So my guess is, ZOS doesn't want to get involved.
    Edited by Lysette on November 19, 2020 3:54AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Hard to say if ZOS wants to get involved into policing the game, because it might be really hard to tell who has a legit claim in this case. I will give you a scenario, where the story could be quite different and it couldn't be decided who is legit and who isn't without to log private chat as well.

Now here is the alternative story. Someone doesn't like another player much by whatever reasons and tries to through dirt on him. The idea is to discredit him. Approaching it by being friendly to the target and making a donation (which he will later claim to be the price being paid for getting a character slot). If the target keeps the donation he then raises a ticket basically claiming the story presented in this thread, in order to discredit the target.

So if ZOS doesn't store private chat, how could they know who's story is correct - this is the problem with this ticket IMO.

Edit: Btw I believe you - I just want to point out, that if ZOS would have to police this kind of thing, they would have to log all chat as well and eventually review it. And if they do, I would personally feel pretty uncomfortable knowing this - maybe they do already, maybe they don't - but they would have to if they would have to fairly police issues like you raised here. So my guess is, ZOS doesn't want to get involved.

Those are good points, although I would think that if you sent someone money without a message saying what it was for, that you wouldn’t have a case. And I would assume messages are stored for some time... Actually, it wouldn’t surprise me if chat was too, not that anyone would go through it without compelling reason... I wonder whether it is legally required anywhere...

But I agree that it would seem likely and understandable that ZOS would not want to get involved as there would probably be sooo many and probably cases too where the terms of sale weren’t completely clear and there could even be a legitimate misunderstanding. I’m not saying that’s the case here or even most of the time but yeah, I could not fault ZOS for not wanting to wade into that mess!
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don't get involved with trades between players. If you've lost out then unfortunately it's tough luck and move on
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same happened to me. No help from support
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year ago they were very active with it. Gina was even in one of the crown trade discords (if I am not mistaken) but since then they stopped involving themselves for some reason. There is much a higher chance to get scammed nowdays.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

They have logs for everything, but since crown selling and buying is officially just gifting..
    Thing is they should've implemented a system for safe transactions ages ago, theres nothing wrong with people buying cash shop items for gold and vice versa.
    Both GW2 and wow have systems in place to allow for cash to gold trading in some way, no reason for ZOS not to have it as well.
    Only reason I can see is that they might be afraid that some of the richest people could crash the market if they wanted to, but they could just implement a p2p simple exchange system.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Firstmep - maybe this safe transaction method for crown to gold will be soon a QoL improv...who knows, will for sure bring in a lot of money in for zos.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    my dear friends, its a rpg game... no one can do anything against scamm.. maybe they are role play group and playing as a thief.. if you dont want to be fooled use the traders its just that easy and if you want something from crown store make that trade with your friends or trusted guildies its always your own risk. how can you judge the others maybe they like playing as a bad guy in the game lol... just stop asking crowns or trading on zone chats... join a guild make some friends and dont forget its a mmorpg game.
    Ps4 / Eu
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is another aspect.

As soon as you are reporting a Player for something, that becomes a Privacy issue. So the company is Not going to give you the results of their investigation and/or if that player was punished.

The issue at that point is between the accused and the Company.

:#
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @tonne.backlinderb16_ESO

Please check your forum inbox for a PM regarding your support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post