Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Target dummy location?

DivyathFyr
DivyathFyr
✭✭
Guys where can i find a target dummy so i can practise my rotation?
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you have to buy a home; then buy it from master writ vauchers or a guild trader =) hope this helped.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to buy one with gold from someone that can make it or in the traders...

OR

purchase a house... then go into the the housing editor... then find the purchase tab and scroll down to buy a dummy with crowns.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of guilds provide dummies in their "guildhalls", or you could ask your friends if someone has one you could practice on. I'm a bum so I occupy my friend's house and practice there :D

If you want one of your own, yeah, need a house and to buy it from master writ merchant/people who have bought it from master writ merchant, pretty pricey.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If on ps4 NA I will let you use mine, just send me a psn message (jlboozer), and I will add you to my visitor list
  • SteveyP777
    Can I follow up on this... I must be missing something as I'm attempting to buy one from a guild trader but there seems no easy way to find which category to search under...

Am I right in thinking you need to obtain a 'praxis' in order to 'craft' a target dummy?

When in the UI for a guild trader, exactly what category do I search under?

It's quite confusing because if I type in 'Target' on the 'search' bar it will bring up many results (target skeletons, humanoids, dwarven thingys etc...) but if I then hit 'R' to search (I'm on PC by the way!) the results are empty.

Also - these seem incredibly difficult or expensive to come by... is there no in-game cheap or free dummy that I can get access to?

Me and my dad play this game a lot; if I got a dummy, would we BOTH be able to practice against it?

Finally... any recommendations on good training dummies for beginners (dummies for dummies!!!)?

Thank you!
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    There is the quest for The Precursor..
    A very simple target dummy.
    You have to collect pieces as part of a quest. If I'm not mistaken you can find the quest somewhere in Clockwork City.
    It is a very simple target dummy though.
    A master crafter can also craft a target dummy for you, though this can be costly depending on how which varient you desire.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SteveyP777 wrote: »
    Can I follow up on this... I must be missing something as I'm attempting to buy one from a guild trader but there seems no easy way to find which category to search under...

Am I right in thinking you need to obtain a 'praxis' in order to 'craft' a target dummy?

When in the UI for a guild trader, exactly what category do I search under?

It's quite confusing because if I type in 'Target' on the 'search' bar it will bring up many results (target skeletons, humanoids, dwarven thingys etc...) but if I then hit 'R' to search (I'm on PC by the way!) the results are empty.

Also - these seem incredibly difficult or expensive to come by... is there no in-game cheap or free dummy that I can get access to?

Me and my dad play this game a lot; if I got a dummy, would we BOTH be able to practice against it?

Finally... any recommendations on good training dummies for beginners (dummies for dummies!!!)?

Thank you!

Target dummies are located under furnishings if you are looking at a guild trainer.

If you are looking for the recipe to create a dummy, it will be listed under consumables.

Like the above poster mentioned, if you own the Clockwork City DLC, you can do a quest to obtain a very low healtg target dummy (less than 1mil).

And yes, multiple people can practice on the same dummy!

If you are very set on this, I recommend doing master writs in order to exchange vouchers for the recipe to create a dummy. Note, this will cost very expensive materials to make, so you will want to also spend some time gathering to find them (aetherial dust). I think diminished aetherial dust can also be exchange for writ vouchers.

Also I need someone to fact check - has the luxury vendor ever has a dummy?
    Edited by Faiza on November 17, 2020 7:13AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    many guilds have someone with one or more...
    Even 2 trade guilds ( I'm in) offer access to 6 places with some...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    I have a number of target dummies in my Guild House (including an Iron Atronach) but I'm on xbox/EU sadly. Otherwise I would have gladly offered you option.

The Precursor does have some amusing comments though whereas no other target dummy does.

I'd recommend a walkthrough if you have limited inventory though. I stumbled across my first piece only to realise it takes up inventory space and blundered through trying to find the pieces without a walkthrough. It was a tedious process and was long before I realised the value of having a merchant and banker lol

But it is what it is, a target dummy nonetheless.

Good luck
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are at PC EU i can offer you my home, there are two 3 mio dummies next to each other, so you and your dad can parse side by side. I also have a raid dummy 21 mio, which you could have a go at together.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    A lot of guilds provide dummies in their "guildhalls", or you could ask your friends if someone has one you could practice on. I'm a bum so I occupy my friend's house and practice there :D

If you want one of your own, yeah, need a house and to buy it from master writ merchant/people who have bought it from master writ merchant, pretty pricey.
    Check in guild information, many has them in guild halls. Yes simply ask in guild works.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a number of target dummies in my Guild House (including an Iron Atronach) but I'm on xbox/EU sadly. Otherwise I would have gladly offered you option.

The Precursor does have some amusing comments though whereas no other target dummy does.

I'd recommend a walkthrough if you have limited inventory though. I stumbled across my first piece only to realise it takes up inventory space and blundered through trying to find the pieces without a walkthrough. It was a tedious process and was long before I realised the value of having a merchant and banker lol

But it is what it is, a target dummy nonetheless.

Good luck

If inventory space is an issue, you can hand in each peice as you collect it, just takes a bit of time to get to the quest giver each time ...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complete walkthrough to acquire the free target dummy [spoilers]:

https://lovelynorth.com/precursor-target-dummy/
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    I found The Precursor right in the beginning of my 'new to eso' experience....

2 years later and 99% PVE map completion bar trials.... . Had I known then what I know now lol

But you are right, you can hand them in individually... I think I only realised this on my 10 or 11th piece.
    All the resources I agonised over deleting that I could have sold for gold, not realising that one day I'd be spending a million a week on attunable crating tables for my Guild House...

Those were the days lmao begrudging having to delete a white item worth 26 gold because it 'all adds up'

SMH
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your guild doesnt have one, just ask someone to craft one for you. Blueprint is quite expensive in vouchers.
    3 mil dummy need:
    1 Kuta
    15 Mundane Rune
    13 Alchemical Resin
    206 Bone (Woodelf style mat)
    11 Decorative Wax
    1 Animus Stone (also for vouchers, but much cheaper than praxis)

Precursor has too little hp to practice anything serious, but its good to practice crystal smashing in CR, charging your ult before fight or general skill canceling.
    If you have Greymoor you can grind Stone Husk parts in Labyrinthian, but their drop chance is awful and you need 50 of them. They grant 6mil dummy.

Edited by robpr on November 17, 2020 9:05AM
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy it from guild traders, get it yourself from master writ voucher, crown store through furniture tab (have to be in a house), or the precursor from Clockwork City.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A reason you might not see the items for guild traders is because they're not all that commonly sold, and there's no worldwide auction house so you'd have to shop around.

Also for PC there's TTC you can try.
    PC NA