Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 6.2.6 fixed "a few game crashes"

zvavi
zvavi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Patch notes stated they fixed some crashes, but later specify that only when viewing non combat pets, and in dragonstar arena. I don't know if it is all they fixed, but I can confirm that fang lair still crashes hard on 3rd boss.
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    I can confirm that fang lair still crashes hard on 3rd boss.

So it's still a thing and not my imagination? Welp,its not like a made a thread about it like 1 week or so ago.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes stated they fixed some crashes, but later specify that only when viewing non combat pets, and in dragonstar arena. I don't know if it is all they fixed, but I can confirm that fang lair still crashes hard on 3rd boss.

Seems to have been all lich bosses pre-patch, probably still the same then. Must be an animation that is bugged.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still hard crashes? I don't think you can even blame Stadia anymore.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is unplayable on certain platforms. The game as a whole is worse now than it was last patch.

Every time they say performance tests or improvements the game just gets more broken.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itzmichi wrote: »
    I can confirm that fang lair still crashes hard on 3rd boss.

So it's still a thing and not my imagination? Welp,its not like a made a thread about it like 1 week or so ago.

Well ye, but a week ago is before patch day. Now is after.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heh they should have put the Potential Patch on PTS for like a week
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

You are saying it as if bugs did not get reported on the pts.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe they should just fix their broken game. And also have way better communication with the players that put money towards this travesty.

Damn it was such a cool game guess they finally killed it.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, 15 more days of waiting I guess...
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    For visibility, we are working on fixing some other crashes; we just didn't have the fixes ready for today's patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a dungeon event coming soon.

Dungeon bugs add to its challenge.
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe they should just fix their broken game. And also have way better communication with the players that put money towards this travesty.

Damn it was such a cool game guess they finally killed it.

This 'was' my go to MMO ever since it launched, monthly sub since then without falter. They don't care about us anymore they have their community that will back them till the end. Maybe with this NPC glitch being wide spread it might get the RPers all riled up and then maybe ZoS will do something. They dont care about PvP or Trial groups anymore. The housing and Crown Create players are too profitable, that's what they care about now.
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    For visibility, we are working on fixing some other crashes; we just didn't have the fixes ready for today's patch.

With all respect @ZOS_GinaBruno the NPC voice glitch has been in the game since Summerset.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xTAKISx wrote: »

With all respect @ZOS_GinaBruno the NPC voice glitch has been in the game since Summerset.

who cares about some NPC voice glitch.

people are crashing in trials mid-combat, or in battlegrounds mid-combat.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Is there any progress on your side with the horrendous crashing during dungeons on certain platforms?

• ninibini
    ninibini
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno does that mean we need to wait 2 more weeks for the crash fixes and have to cancel raids in the meantime?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda suspect that they did not patched the game. A lot of bugs that were supposed to be fixed, are still on live server, after maintenance. In fact I have not yet encountered anything that was fixed...
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So that means another 2 weeks before you get ahold of some of the rashes.

It makes this game downright unplayable. It doesn't make sense to release a patch in this state. Did the team fix the ebon and worn bar swapping bugs that were fixed 2-3 patches ago? It was fixed and the broken again with the update. Makes no sense to me other than teams working on new content working on older builds of the game.

I don't me to be rude towards you, you're the sometimes fortunate, sometimes unfortunate public faces of the Game.

Here is my issue: I log onto the game because, even though it nears being unplayable, I still think it's a better game than other games I know of. Problem is I'm starting to get extremely fed up with playing a broken game so I'm looking hard to see if there isn't anything less frustrating if not better.
  • HappyHaunt1000
    They seem to think that putting these little statements out will placate the masses. Umm I see a lot of complaints on them not fixes bugs that they made statements on two weeks ago... Hmm well it doesn't surprise me at all since this is standard procedure. Cloudrest is still broken and that's been years if that helps everyone see that they are really not going to fix the game. I'm beginning to see the similarities between ESO and Dark and Light. For those of you who don't know Dark and Light just do a bit of research.
    I sat quietly with my own thoughts today
    Remind me to never do that again
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭

When can we expect the next patch then?
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They really should own it and deleay the dungeon event until the dungeons and Group Finder are fixed.

It will be a disaster if the event starts with half the dungeons at this state (on another thread we had a list of almost 12 dungeons with issues - it is not just lich bosses, spider monsters as well are causing locks on CoS, Spindle, Selene's)
    Edited by Calm_Fury on November 16, 2020 3:03PM
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    xTAKISx wrote: »

who cares about some NPC voice glitch.

people are crashing in trials mid-combat, or in battlegrounds mid-combat.

I care because I pay into this MMO since launch for that feature also. If I didn't care I would play WoW.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm_Fury wrote: »

They really should own it and deleay the dungeon event until the dungeons and Group Finder are fixed.

It will be a disaster if the event starts with half the dungeons at this state (on another thread we had a list of almost 12 dungeons with issues - it is not just lich bosses, spider monsters as well are causing locks on CoS, Spindle, Selene's)

The sad thing is the spider boss bugs and the Lich boss bugs are entirely different. So they managed to break two different core boss functionalities.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayrest sewers, city of ashes crashes too.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing is fixed :(
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a rly loud laugh :lol:
    and then hehehehehehe - like trying to start old 1.6 petrol at -40C degrees :D
    Edited by Curious_Death on November 16, 2020 3:07PM
  • xTAKISx
    xTAKISx
    ✭✭✭✭

Wayrest sewers, city of ashes crashes too.

Can confirm, just crashed in Wayrest 2
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    Did they even patched the game ? It kinda feels like they posted Patch Notes and did a server maintenance, but forgot to actually "patch" the game... :D:joy:
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    Did they even patched the game ? It kinda feels like they posted Patch Notes and did a server maintenance, but forgot to actually "patch" the game... :D:joy:

Some guildies even say they didn't get refunded for their we ult skill point, don't know how accurate it is though.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

The sad thing is the spider boss bugs and the Lich boss bugs are entirely different. So they managed to break two different core boss functionalities.

Exactly.

For the lich bosses, I noticed sometime the whole group or 3 people crash (funny enough, I'm was not crashing on my tanks, so we could at least salvage the instancs).

For the spider bosses, the whole group gets locked in place. Again, I noticed on my tank that if the boss heavy attacks you and you don't die, you get "unlocked" until the attack that freezes you happens again.

Two completely unrelated bugs, it seems. Unless they changed something very fundamental that broke everything.