The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Welcome back unkillable blob groups, streaking sorcs, etc

• montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    I haven’t ever been in a ball group but it could be; that whenever you see a “ball group” the reason the server goes bonkers is because ball groups usually show up where there is a fat-ass faction stack Zerg. So maybe you existing in that stack and the stack existing is what makes the lag happen. The ball group showing up is just because they see the AP buffet open. Everyone in that faction stack is spamming abilities too; receiving free rapid regens; spamming siege ; etc. if you really don’t want tight ball groups to exists; then stop zerging. I guarantee if huge Zerg stacks didn’t exist they would break apart into small scale groups. Or I guess enjoy zerging people down 4 to 5 at a time but I doubt that lol.

I don't see the point in blaming players. If the game is incentivising a playstyle that degrades server performance, the rewards for that playstyle need to be adjusted.

But mindless faction stacking and zerging degrades server performance more than a ball group. Ball groups farm mindless zergs. If anything; they are doing gods work.

They both degrade server performance noticeably. And regarding whos to blame theyre both as bad. Zergs and factionstacking is pretty much how cyro is played unfortunately so thats always a given. Then there are ballgroups that form to combat zergs/factionstacks. But there are also ballgroups that go take some back keep to have a zerg/faction stack form on them so they can farm it. At the end of it all were all left with trashy performance across the board. So I dont know where you got the idea these ballgroups are doing good work when they hop on and choochoo through some pugs over and over and over again but all theyre doing is serve their own objectives which is namely increasing their AP.
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
    Options
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The real deal with purge...

For almost 7 years now ZOS has been adding proc sets to the game, on top of which, they started out with way too many CC's with secondary and tertiary effects. Add that to all of the non cc skills with secondary and tertiary effects, the jillion DOTs and then add alchemy poisons for the cherry on top.

There's simply no way to nerf the counter to all of the no skill BS ZOS keeps adding to the game, especially while we're in a proc set/CC meta.

Now, if they disabled ALL proc sets in Cyr, deleted all additional effects from CC, made CC immunity a real thing, got break free to work, got rid of overlapping CC's and multiple CC's on the same person... then you could start talking about balancing purge with that.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
    Options