Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deathmatch Compromise

sabresandiego_ESO
sabresandiego_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
A great portion of the BG player base prefers deathmatch to all other game modes. Please make the group que deathmatch, and leave the solo que as random game modes for the casual players. This way, the population isn't further split and the deathmatch players have a chance to play their desired game mode without ruining it for casual or objective players by ignoring the objectives and deathmatching anyways. Thank you
Edited by sabresandiego_ESO on November 10, 2020 7:04PM
Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who only wants to do flags games not due to objective preference but because I'm trying to get the last few Battlegrounds Runner weapon pages, this would be a welcome change.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this needs to happen and not 6 months from now, the amount of people who ONLY play this game at all to do deathmatch is a fair amount, the current situation ruins the game for them and makes all the other modes insufferable for everyone even the people who like them.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least they need to make deathmatch come up twice as often. There are two land grab modes, two flag game modes but only one deathmatch. That means you've got a 1 in 5 chance of getting it. It should be 1 in 3.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG matchmaking distribution:

50% DM / 50% Objective Mode

Please ZOS.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone should play only DM in every mode until we get our DM only queue back...

I can’t believe anyone in their mind can decide to make a pre-made group of 4 players for BG and go play relics, domination or crazy king... It is absurd and top level delusional nonsense.

#bringbackDMqueue
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id be pissed if I was stuck with non DM random just because I solo
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    BG matchmaking distribution:

50% DM / 50% Objective Mode

Please ZOS.

right now it is 2% dm and 48% chaosball and 50% ctr

I am not kidding you, I counted one night I got 1 dm and rest was either chaosball or ctr and I played about 20 matches.
    At one point I had 7 ctr games in a row.
    Also did I mention that the only dm match I got, my game crashed just as the match began? so that was great experience
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For God's sake, I can't get a DM match to save my life for the last few days.

Please ZOS, you must have the data regarding how much more frequently deathmatch was selected when game mode selection was possible. This clearly shows a strong preference for that mode. Matchmaking should reflect that preference by making deathmatch result from matchmaking more frequently than the objective modes.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone should play only DM in every mode until we get our DM only queue back...

I can’t believe anyone in their mind can decide to make a pre-made group of 4 players for BG and go play relics, domination or crazy king... It is absurd and top level delusional nonsense.

#bringbackDMqueue

A lot of people seemed to have gotten your memo. Because that is exactly what they are doing.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 19, 2020 9:50PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP does not seem to be offering a compromise but merely asking for what they want and offering to change what they probably never use in a ruse of a bargain.

Maybe make it to there is a solo queue where one can choose their match and leave the group queue as it is. Flip what OP suggests.