The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 28 - Bug Reports for Vateshran Hollows

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing Vateshran Hollows in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 21, 2020 7:09PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after going through it as much as I can handle, I have a few things to say.

The Brimstone Orb effect doesn't seem to always apply when breaking them, even in melee range.

My very first attempt, on normal, I went to the Wounding and beat the first boss. I used the Wounding Portal mechanic, made it about halfway through the first thing and the game crashed; when I logged back in, the bridge was visibly together but had no collision and the initial Wounding Portal couldn't be interacted with, resulting in the inability to complete it.

The Green portal (name forgotten out of rage)'s Grapple Bow is SO AWFULLY BUGGY. Spoiler here:
    I went to the left to get the extra boss for it and it was terrible. The grapple bow keeps rubberbanding me back and forth, resulting in lots of deaths; BUT BOSS. The boss was just awful. Besides the fact that it seemed to hop around every few seconds, the rubberbanding bow made that fight go on for soooooo long.
    Rubberbanding grapple hooks everywhere. Almost every single use resulted in me going back to where I was; so very infuriating.

Spoiler bit:
    The Essence things are neat, but getting the lesser ones doesn't seem to increase or restore or do anything.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • LtSnowballin
    LtSnowballin
    ✭✭✭
    Just going to leave this right here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5dQjRv3nFg&list=PLwYKAzZylg3hFbpW25oD9LwResFO_6bS1

A video of some of the bugs I experienced lol. I have A LOT more, but I contribute those more to the server I believe. The minotaurs grappling and overall grappling rubberbanding was TERRIBAD.
    Almost Every Trifecta / Other Half: @NeptunXIV
    #BardKnockLife
    Goblins Are Based
    CP 2000+
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After killing the Pyrelord, just got stuck on the platform with no way to leave or proceed. No orb to destroy for fire protection. Even jumping in the fire to die and port to the wayshrine puts me back on the platform. This is in normal and I killed the Pyrelord before any other mechanics. Had to leave the arena and still haven't figured out how to start over. Abandoned quest, re-logged, changed instance, still can't continue. When I back go in there is nothing changed. Pretty buggy.
    Edited by Shantu on September 22, 2020 6:16AM
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tried it again, same result. Stuck on platform after killing the Pyrelord. :/
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The grapple bow rubber-banding bug struck me as well, especially on the second boss of the hircine wing. I'd grapple to a side to break the boss' immunity effect only to get slung back to where I started and subsequently slammed to death by the boss.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tried it a 3rd time. Didn't kill the boss quickly this time. Adds came out. Had to jump on the horseshoe ledges to escape fire. Jumped back on the platform and started killing adds. Suddenly they all disappeared and I'm left stranded on the platform like the 2 previous times. Totally bugged.
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rubberbanding on the grapple makes the arena close to impossible.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • After obtaining an Essence of Endurance or Magicka. Buff id: 146160 if you obtain more remnants of endurance your stamina pool will not increase
      GBz1bUE.png
      K9FILZo.png
    • If your view distance is too short some grapple points will not appear, making the arena impossible
    • I cannot reach this grapple point where I should be able to
      Nvv6q0V.jpg
    • You can grapple from this point to the next bypassing the side grapple
      ctGF6im.png
    Edited by CyberOnEso on September 22, 2020 2:37PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am having grappling issues in Hunter's Grotto at Rahdgarak. For some reason after grappling to another platform it instantly ports me back to the other platform I was just on and rubberbands me back and forth and it makes this round nearly impossible for me. The delay after grappling is sometimes detrimental because your character will just sit there and you are unable to use any skills. Also a couple times when I died, when I was at the spawn point my character was stuck in the ground. My feet were in the ground and I couldn't move at all. /stuck did not fix this issue. I had to manually port to a wayshrine and port back again. This round is super buggy all around for me. I will roll dodge his attack but the rubberbanding will move me to another platform after the roll dodge and then I roll right off the side of the platform that I wasn't even on to begin with.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mustangmorgan31 For the moment just stand still for a few seconds after grappling. It shouldn't bounce you back if you do.
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    @mustangmorgan31 For the moment just stand still for a few seconds after grappling. It shouldn't bounce you back if you do.

Thank you, I will try that.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get knocked down by the watchers at the titan boss he will stay still and not focus you until the time you were supposed to be teleported back.

Occasionally the titan would fire his 'wall' projectile at the player even though the player was upstairs.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had an issue with leaving and re-entering the Arena:

I left on Coldharbor boss <No other portal done> - I had stealthed by most trash after first boss.

When I came back next day it showed visual of bridge to boss area, but I couldn't run across. It had despawned, and the boss 1st boss was still dead.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a grapple bug, not about them not working
    When you grapple, your vertical velocity never gets reset. This results in your falling faster and faster every time you grapple. The platforms you put it to stop the player from dying then intercepts the players velocity and results in them dying on a *** no death run.
    unknown.png

When the play is at the apex of the grapple, cancel their vertical velocity. Because they will keep falling faster and faster until they hit the ground at mach 10.
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with others - the grapple bugging and rubber banding makes the Minotaur wing unplayable . I am doing the Vet instance.

Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Dingodhole
    Dingodhole
    ✭✭
    Yes, I think the grappling bow isn't working as intended... Here's a video where you can see my first impressions on the hircine arena last boss.

https://youtu.be/HDbihqOBeC8
    Edited by Dingodhole on September 23, 2020 1:17PM
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grapple bug is horrendous. Ran through on vet tonight and to prevent from being rubber-banded back, essentially what I did every time was grapple and then just eat the Minotaur's leap while blocking. It seemed like if I ever tried to move too much after grappling, I'd get rubber-banded back. Doesn't always work, either, especially if you have to grapple quickly to get to a life-saving platform. It's also really bad on the final boss after you jump down through the middle portal: you can get rubber-banded back to the center arena when trying to grapple and get into the void portal to avoid the room-wide explosion.

I know for a fact the orbs in the fire arena are not always applying resistance/immunity: I broke one to run through the lava to reach the next location and... even with the shield displaying on me and the orb broken, I took lava damage and died immediately.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    r91gw82kpzuk.png

If you disconnect during the Wounding, after pulling the chain to build this bridge, and then log back in, the bridge appears to still be there, but if you try to walk across it, you fall through it, and trying to streak across it brings up the error that there is no valid location in front of you.
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    x6r6n4nfn3gh.png
    I killed the Magma Queen, but the game did not register that I had, so the arena thinks that I am still fighting her. I tried dying in the lava to see if it would reset the area, but now I am stuck outside the boss area, with the game thinking I am still fighting her on the other side of the barrier.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Shantu wrote: »
    Tried it again, same result. Stuck on platform after killing the Pyrelord. :/

Thanks for the report. Could you provide us with some info about this?

- What order did you do the wings?
    - What class and build did you use?
    - How long had you been in the Arena up to that point?

Thanks again!
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Killed Iozuzzunth but it didn't register. Now I'm stuck in the room, no chest no portal. Relogging didn't fix. Gotta abandon the quest. Did other portals first, this was the last mini boss before final boss. Now gotta start all over.

Also same thing with Magma Queen. Killed her and got stuck in the room. Logging or porting out not fixing.

And with the grapple bugs, this arena is almost unplayable. I know it's only pts but doesn't Zos test their stuff internally
    Edited by Kurat on September 23, 2020 11:42PM
  • job_man
    job_man
    ✭✭✭
    Posting this here because I can provide more context with videos than in-game.

There's scoring inconsistencies with Dremora Kyngalds in The Brimstone Den. You can see that for the first 3 Kyngalds on the first pad I get credited 750 score each kill and the last Kyngald on the following pad I don't get any score. You should get score for each Kyngald and proof of this is in this Twitch clip of Gandork's run, where he does get credit for that particular Kyngald kill on the second pad that I didn't in my video.

All of this is inconsistent with my actual full run, where I don't get credited any score at all for any of the Kyngald kills as can be seen from the timestamp.
    Edited by job_man on September 24, 2020 2:15PM
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Week 2
    If you abandon the quest you can no longer use the Deadric portals in the fire wing.

Whilst I am here, please just reset the arena when you abandon the quest!
    Waiting around for 10 mins for the arena to reset is just no fun.
    Edited by CyberOnEso on September 28, 2020 4:34PM
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Week 2

Now something is up with the buffs you pick up from the arena. Some of them stay if you leave the arena. It doesnt matter if you completed or abandoned quest. I went back to zone with 10k extra mag lol. Even ported to group dungeon and still had the buff (Mysticism remnant 10x) Then waited for the arena to reset and went back in and picked up even more them buff orbs and they stacked with the old ones, so I had almost 60k mag. Didnt have time to test it more but it seems like you can get them infinite amount because old ones are not removed. There is a 24h timer counting down but when i go back in and get some more orbs the timer resets back to 24h. So you can keep it going forever and do other content.

Then theres this issue with the health orbs (Fortitude remnant) Some of them also remained from previous run (2k only). Now when I start new run, get the quest and go into The Brimstone Den (lava area) first, theres no portal active on the right side where the 5k health buff is. So basically im stuck with 2k forever and cant get more. And this health buff doesnt have any timer at all, its been there since last week so its permanent.

1 more thing. Not sure if this is bug or intended. It seems theres only 1 order to do the portals if you wanna get buffs. If you go to the blue one first then you cant grapple where the 5k mag orb is (no grappling posts) and if you do yellow first then the portal is not active where the 5k health orb is. And if you dont get the 5k orbs then theres no 1k ones later. So the only way to do it is green portal first then blue or yellow. If this is intended then its kinda disappointing, whats the point of having choice then in the first room. I hope its just bugged and we should be able to choose which to do first and leave last (because of the difficulty increase) and get all the buffs.

This is just a visual thing but kinda silly in solo instance, Death recap hint: "When fighting challenging monsters, try bringing a friend. Use grouping tool located in Group menu."
    Edited by Kurat on September 29, 2020 8:42AM
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Final boss on vet is dropping white level 50 5-pc gear: rof7i8khmfci.png
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remnant buffs e.g. Fortitude Remnant are carrying over once leaving the arena to e.g. stormhaven and maelstrom arena
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah remnant buffs are stacking. I did vateshran twice back to back and by the time I was on the minotaur I had like 54k stamina. Normally I'm around 32k.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 - Rahdgarak fight, grappling UP to the Minotaur platform (from the respawn) resulted in instadeath on at least 6 occasions. When respawning, stamina was at 40% and wouldn't regenerate unless I either rolldodged - which only restored a portion anyway, or took a potion. Strangely, using the grapple posts seemed to fix it, but then I was instantly dying when I reached him anyway.

Last boss, grappling to the small platforms, I got no prompt before the void explosion. Twice.

At that point, after all the Minotaur problems, I ragequit.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • HomelessKoala
    HomelessKoala
    ✭✭
    The following bug has been happening since November and I would very much like to know why you haven’t fixed it? I have sent that many bug reports and made forum posts and nothing has been fixed.

On the end boss when she does the execute mechanic there is no option to grapple no matter where I stand. I have tried resetting instance and many other “fixes” but nothing works... every time we have a maintenance I am able to finish it but the very next instance I try bugs out again.... please fix it

See video: imgur.com/gallery/sK1sfhM