Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil performance dramatically improved on Xbox since the last update.

oXI_Viper_IXo
oXI_Viper_IXo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know they said they didn't notice any real performance gains when they did the tests on PC, but on Xbox it is miles better.

The lag is almost non existent and skills are actually firing again. The downside is crashes have become more common, but I would take that any day over playing in constant lag.

I am someone who has been very critical of ZOS and the poor performance in the past, but in this instance, I have to give them credit.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that is the case once everyone gets back into PvP, but personally I think it may be still too soon to judge. I think a lot of people are likely still playing the new content. I admit I wasn't scrutinizing it all night, but I don't think Gray Host was pop-locked as long as usual. When I hopped on around 5:30 pm, AD had 3 bars, and both EP and DC had one bar each. I think we each had 3 later in the night (about 8:30 pm) when I switched characters, but I'm not positive. Folks in my group were still complaining about issues with breaking free, but I didn't have any issues personally (spent a lot of time fighting outside the last emp keep too). *keeping my fingers crossed*
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh performance has been better on pc even without the group changes since the patch dropped. So I am thinking it may be a combination of things.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh performance has been better on pc even without the group changes since the patch dropped. So I am thinking it may be a combination of things.
    It is true actually but then keep in mind that due to those tests many people dropped at least for the duration of those and did not return as of yet. I have been watching pop locks on Gray Host EU (as well as Ravenwatch) and here is the thing - yesterday, around 5 pm, all alliances only 2 bars. 12 pm, same deal (only 2 bars). Yes, it was outside of peak hours for sure but not that much really.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PCNA I actually had a queue of 36 to get in to DC on Monday and that has never happened on a weekday for me before in that faction. Got in to ability delay, not actually registering damage when they do, health of myself and targets just dropping in chunks not lining up with when they appear to be getting hit.

So didn't feel any better to me
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »

PCNA I actually had a queue of 36 to get in to DC on Monday and that has never happened on a weekday for me before in that faction. Got in to ability delay, not actually registering damage when they do, health of myself and targets just dropping in chunks not lining up with when they appear to be getting hit.

So didn't feel any better to me

Pc EU ravenwatch felt better than it did during any of the tests and it has been pop locked most the time I've been on. Loads of people were complaining in zone still though... The feedback, I'd say has been incredibly mixed 😬
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance did indeed feel better to me in Gray Host last night - Xbox NA. Here's to hoping that it stays that way!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's funny because on Friday night on PC NA, I could have sworn ZOS reimplemented the 3 second cooldown on skills because that's how long it was taking for my skills to fire off.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that performance is still poor on PC. I'm not trying to dismiss anyone's opinions or experiences with this post, just making an observation about Xbox NA performance exclusively.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something that some folks are missing here is that console got the 12-man group max/healing in group only changes, where PC hasn't gotten that yet, but I honestly don't know if that's why there's a performance increase or not despite the controversies around the changes to heal-sourcing.
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed this too. Given the performance track record we've all come to be familiar with I'm still too hesitant to even begin thinking about this being the "new normal". That said, I can admit that it's been better. Markedly better. While the lag is still present at times, and I can confirm that crashes seem more common for me too, overall the game has actually been functional at the times I normally play.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pc EU ravenwatch felt better than it did during any of the tests and it has been pop locked most the time I've been on. Loads of people were complaining in zone still though... The feedback, I'd say has been incredibly mixed 😬
    Not sure about how much the LA bug is effecting my feeling, but for me the performance during some of the test weeks (1 5 6) were much better then the last 3 days. They were teribble.
    But I also noticed, that I can have a good performance at Alessia and just one jump to Nik and it is unplayable.
    So that is maybe one reason of the mixed feedback.
    Another reason?: I guess that there is maybe a difference between melee builds and playing in distance. (Like for the LA bug)

But I would say for sure: PC EU has no improved performance.

That XBOX could have an improvment, if they already got the group change, makes sence, bc this was the testweek 5 setting and there were a lot ppl saying that was the best week. (except week one which had the event effect too)

Thread about week 5
    Poll about testweeks
    Edited by Zabagad on November 12, 2020 12:27PM
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    That's funny because on Friday night on PC NA, I could have sworn ZOS reimplemented the 3 second cooldown on skills because that's how long it was taking for my skills to fire off.
    Zabagad wrote: »
    Not sure about how much the LA bug is effecting my feeling, but for me the performance during some of the test weeks (1 5 6) were much better then the last 3 days. They were teribble.
    But I also noticed, that I can have a good performance at Alessia and just one jump to Nik and it is unplayable.
    So that is maybe one reason of the mixed feedback.
    Another reason?: I guess that there is maybe a difference between melee builds and playing in distance. (Like for the LA bug)

But I would say for sure: PC EU has no improved performance.

That XBOX could have an improvment, if they already got the group change, makes sence, bc this was the testweek 5 setting and there were a lot ppl saying that was the best week. (except week one which had the event effect too)

Thread about week 5
    Poll about testweeks

This is about the changes introduced to console regarding the 12-man cap and ally-target ability changes, which launched on PC today (and is live on console for a week already). So obviously, both your experiences on PC NA and PC EU didnt change much and dont really add anything to the conversation..

Also, they might have said nothing in the official post regarding this specific test, but for me, performance was way better during the PC test period for this test compared to any other test that was conducted. Looking forward to trying Cyrodiil on PC EU tomorrow.
    Edited by RealPhoenix on November 16, 2020 9:11PM
    PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • CycnusX1TheGreat
    I’m on Xbox na and last night was the worst night for lag I have had in a long time. My horse would stop and then leap forward and repeat just riding up to a keep fight. At the fight my skills were seconds delayed and and terribly laggy. I logged out after 10 minutes and went back to PVE to farm mats after that.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCNA:

My game crashes every 30 mins to 2 hrs in Cyrodiil, since the patch.

I already cancelled ESO plus auto renewal.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely unplayable tonight on NA, CP or NONCP.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish I never made this thread. For the first couple days after the patch, it seemed noticeably better, but things have gone back to their normal laggy ways since then.

Never should've gotten my hopes up.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I never made this thread. For the first couple days after the patch, it seemed noticeably better, but things have gone back to their normal laggy ways since then.

performance is always better the few days after a downtime
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

performance is always better the few days after a downtime

Yeah this time seemed different though and I was hoping that limiting the group size and group-only heals would actually make a difference. It was so smooth for the first couple days but unfortunately it didn't last.

Now I'm back to being pessimistic that they will ever be able to get performance to a playable level.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah this time seemed different though and I was hoping that limiting the group size and group-only heals would actually make a difference. It was so smooth for the first couple days but unfortunately it didn't last.

Now I'm back to being pessimistic that they will ever be able to get performance to a playable level.

Well since we all can tell that performance id usually better after a downtime, maybe that is a possible avenue they can look into.

When they decide to do more testing if they can give cyrodiil little downtime maybe twice a week and see if that makes a difference in performance wise.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know. Have been logging in less and for the first time, the meta i don't like has surpassed the performance. Or at least equally as off putting. The 3 times I have since maintenance, it felt better at times but still bad. Attacks going off in 3 pushes rather than 5 but not registering damage. Of course; that sort of performance really adds to the meta i don't like as even if you handicap yourself; its made worse by actually having to use multi-buts to function
    Edited by techyeshic on November 23, 2020 4:12PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    techyeshic wrote: »
    I honestly don't know. Have been logging in less and for the first time, the meta i don't like has surpassed the performance. Or at least equally as off putting. The 3 times I have since maintenance, it felt better at times but still bad. Attacks going off in 3 pushes rather than 5 but not registering damage. Of course; that sort of performance really adds to the meta i don't like as even if you handicap yourself; its made worse by actually having to use multi-buts to function

I am in the same mind set. As in not sure what's worse, the meta or performance.