The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

POLL - CYRODIIL TESTS, WHICH WEEK WORKS BEST?

marius_buys
marius_buys
✭✭✭✭✭
Please assist the ZOS testing by voting on the week that THE PLAYERS would choose to improve server performance?
Player experience and opinion should very much be a considered factor should any changes be made.
Edited by marius_buys on October 18, 2020 6:39AM

POLL - CYRODIIL TESTS, WHICH WEEK WORKS BEST? 171 votes

WEEK 1 September 8-14: Shared global AoE cooldown, 3 second timer
8%
ssewallb14_ESOThrabenThunderclapJamieAubreysynnermanSoulKing32Konstant_Tel_Necrismaster_vanargandsharquezRexy18IngrollBohnT2Inspiral808relentless_turnipIAmIcehouse 15 votes
WEEK 2 September 14-21: Individual AoE cooldown, 3 second timer
3%
dcam86b14_ESOkwisatzXuhorascottiiMKintrLintashi 6 votes
WEEK 3 September 21-28: No cooldown, global ramping AoE cost
1%
Taleof2CitiesblkjagXologamer 3 votes
WEEK 4 September 28 – October 5: Individual AoE cooldown, 3 second timer and global ramping AoE cost
1%
DTStormfoxLettigallBobby_V_Rockit 3 votes
WEEK 5 October 5-12: Group size is limited to 12 in Cyrodiil, and any ally-targeted abilities are only applied to group members
38%
Animus-ESOAlendrinGnineDaviiid_ESOkyle06239ub17_ESOkojoubooksmcreadCaffeinatedMayhemRhandee235KartalinOtarTheMadMojomonkeymanBatmannaimrednecksonAegonnnEclipse0990Nyladreasa_salty_pirateQbikenmax_only 65 votes
WEEK 6 October 12-19: Group size is limited to 12 in Cyrodiil, groups of 6 or more players, everyone’s AoE abilities on individual cooldowns + escalating cost
11%
driosketchNirntrotterAstridNewbieOKSVoidCommanderlelink88Elo106The_Old_GoatAnyronMirkoZWest93ClawOfTheTwoMoonsWelanduzZabagadUnified_GamingOlumoGarbagCirantilleBucky_13TochTom 19 votes
OPTION 7 Just go back to the way it was
21%
fastolfv_ESOMahabahabthazariaadilazimdegilxIdinuseSharktoesMasterSpatulabadmojobugmomSanctum74Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmonk125xdotmeTimeDazzlerSpiderKnightLeslikileusmatricissevomd69CBixbyJierdanit 37 votes
OPTION 8 Other, I will elaborate in the comments
13%
Gythralalainjbrennanb16_ESOidkLarsSsilky_softKnightpantherParasaurolophusjad11mumblerpod88kkMiswarnickl413MinnesotaKidGirl_Number8NairinheGrianasteriSwordancergatekeeper13RuderEdmondDontesAleinzzs 23 votes
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WEEK 6 October 12-19: Group size is limited to 12 in Cyrodiil, groups of 6 or more players, everyone’s AoE abilities on individual cooldowns + escalating cost
    Since ball groups spamming aoes are the problem maybe cap the same skill applying to you...
    example: only x rapid regenerations can tick on you, if 5 people cast it, only 2 get applied. (numbers are examples ofc)
    This could also help with dots/procs only 1 sheer venom may tick on you (the highest damage one gets applied)

I voted for week 6 but leave out the cooldowns, just escalating cost for big groups.

Although this could just lead to ballgroups making sure they have each skill a certain number of times... :(
    Edited by Elo106 on October 16, 2020 9:30AM
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tests was a big fail, lag was as bad as usual and most formats produced combat that was less interesting than than the standard.

Zos need to look at com protocolls and server configurations. Possibly one could also look at the proc sets, those have proliferated in recent years.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont care anymore and I am sure I am not alone in this
    Awake, but at what cost
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unpopular opinion perhaps... I don't want cooldowns at all, but think aoe needs to be reduced by the same amount as the first week.

I think primarily single targeted attacks promote healthier confrontations and are less taxing on the server. Generally my experience in other games, aoe's are controlled by some limiting factor, rather the damage is pathetic or they are as accessible as an ultimate. That is to say limited.

• x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OPTION 7 Just go back to the way it was
    I didn't notice much difference in any of the tests. Also, I feel results are going to be skewed anyway cause too many people have been trying to destroy group play and cross healing long before this test ever came up and they are ones who were immediately proclaiming what a great success those weeks are almost as soon as the tests started.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont know, I'm on console
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Week 1 when Ball Groups where in IC farming :D:D:D:D:D : D
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Week 1-4 were unplayable and as a content creator it was really painful. My twitch has the streams still. Week 5 was better than before the tests but not perfect - at least I could actually cast my skills. Week 6 then built upon this further and is much better

I am however concerned that the post by the developers implies week 1 was a success and something with cast times will be implemented without acknowledging that most pvp ball groups were in imperial City during the event.

Should combat get changed to 3 second cooldowns then it would be difficult to reccomend the game when other MMOs have a better combat system with cool down and significantly better performance.
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It worrked best during the PvP event much earlier in the year
    that IS the solution...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    1. The testing isn't over so this is a bit premature..... From the U28 Perf Preview thread. We will be running more combinations of tests right after this last round completes, and providing a more comprehensive summary of this round of tests. Stay tuned for more info soon!
    MinnesotaKid

• EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not AOE's causing the problems. AOE spammers have been in game since inception. There was more AOE in cyrodiil when there was three times the population cap and things worked much better then as compared to now.

When is the test where they put the game on better servers and see how that works? Is that what they did during the midyear mayem event that seemed to help so much?
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    It worrked best during the PvP event much earlier in the year
    that IS the solution...

Yes, this^

Why haven't they told us what they did to make it better during the event? Just do that going forward.
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need:
    1. Group size capped at 6
    2. Heals and buffs to only work inside group
    3. Groups over 4 man to have individual AoE skill CD
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »
    We need:
    1. Group size capped at 6
    2. Heals and buffs to only work inside group
    3. Groups over 4 man to have individual AoE skill CD

What we need is for ZOS to go back to doing things how they did them when the game worked. These AOE tests are, quite literally, a distraction so ZOS can try and claim it's the players fault for using skills that have been in game since inception, when the issues are not the players doing in any way. It's how ZOS is managing their resources and their priorities creating this situation, not the players just playing the game as it's designed to be played.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WEEK 5 October 5-12: Group size is limited to 12 in Cyrodiil, and any ally-targeted abilities are only applied to group members
    Week 1 & Week 5 definitely had the best results.

Week 6 is wack, it's helping a little but isn't as enjoyable.

Combo 1 & 5 for GG.
    Edited by Nyladreas on October 16, 2020 2:38PM
  • MachineGod
    MachineGod
    ✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    The tests was a big fail, lag was as bad as usual and most formats produced combat that was less interesting than than the standard.

Zos need to look at com protocolls and server configurations. Possibly one could also look at the proc sets, those have proliferated in recent years.

Typical that the regular 24 man lfg pug leader would disagree and say all tests didn't yield anything and still lagged.

Its clear Week 5 was the best regardless.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MachineGod wrote: »
    LarsS wrote: »

Typical that the regular 24 man lfg pug leader would disagree and say all tests didn't yield anything and still lagged.

Its clear Week 5 was the best regardless.

I think you will see that we both voted for week 5 but hey dont worry aboutgetting your facts right lol
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WEEK 3 September 21-28: No cooldown, global ramping AoE cost
    The best week was the one with no cooldowns.

You Week 5 folks forget that week alienated a lot of solo players ... especially solo healers.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WEEK 2 September 14-21: Individual AoE cooldown, 3 second timer
    I am torn between 2 and 5

With week 2 as a healer, I could still heal randoms and turn the tide of battles.

Week 5 as a healer I had the Lowest lag spikes EVER in all the 5 years I've been playing in Cyro. The downside was that the randoms or solos had no heals and many fights were short-lived. Also, there's a minor bug where even though you don't heal randoms, you can still see their HP bar go down and the OCD in me wants to heal them but yeah lol
  • sup
    sup
    ✭✭✭
    Every time a ball group appears the server and gameplay goes to total ***. If you can increase resources and are just being cheap, increase resources. Otherwise there has to be a limit to stacked aoes of the same type, as someone already mentioned.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Week 1 was during a PvP event. I didn't really play during week 4. Weeks 3 and 5 were equally bad for me in terms of lag, desyncs and sluggish response. Week 6 has been alright, and hasn't hampered my play style as an ungrouped Templar.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please assist ZOS by voting on the week that you would choose to improve server performance.
    Player experience and opinion should very much be a considered factor should any changes be made.

If there ever was a poll that needed a "none of the above response," it's this one.
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play in an organized group. Week 3 was manageable, week 5 was the best so far. Heals, buffs and purge affecting only the people that matter was a major improvement.
    The best week was the one with no cooldowns.

You Week 5 folks forget that week alienated a lot of solo players ... especially solo healers.

Solo players should be able to heal themselves. Solo healers better find a group, they can't survive on their own. I know because I was once one, kiting 5 people is cool but not doing any damage is not.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None. Performance was trash in all of them.

Only good thing that ball groups got considerably weaker in some of them.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the test where flawed, all through them certain single target skills with no aoe where classed as aoe and single target skills with single target skills with over time damage where not, they did not ake in to account how people play 5-50 on one person, skills that can be spammed even ones with a cool down if you know how to do it, can be spammed so there is no cool down, it would have been better if they looked at skills and regen then aoe test
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Week 5 by far the best functionally, made Cyrodiil feel like that's how it always should have been.

Non-grouped people spamming heals on each others in a alliance stack sized blob is what makes combat laggy and on top of that feel pointless often, unless you put another alliance stack against them.. and that creates the most laggy battles with disconnects. Week 5 was a good solution/test on that and imo (and to most i know in game) it was the best week in Cyrodiil playing in ages!

ZOS, please do not let the week 1 result fool you, due to the nearly everything being in cooldown most (and IC thingy) of the biggest pvp "farming" groups were not at Cyrodiil taking part to the test thus giving a false result on week 1 test. If you would implement Week 1 to be the new standard, i think it would kill whole pvp in this game, and the rest few staying would just play pretty much 2 classes only to be efficient. Not the way to go.

Coming from someone who has played Cyrodiil since the beginning of time, daily more than i sleep or do anything else - Please implement Week 5 if you gonna choose something out of these. Game still functions the same for individual player no matter what class you play, but works better. Only limits group size and heal spam to outside of group, thus rewarding smarter play, yet not punish those who play alone. (One should always slot self-heal anyways if you go in solo and not expect some random in a zerg to carry you with their Radiant Regen spam, i am sure you agree).

I know your angle on how you wanna make Cyrodiil feel. Also, the 12 limit for group is NATURAL since it already is on Trials too. I think people can "live" with this week 5 solution the most (and after adjusting to it, even for those who been parts of huge raids, will have more fun when they see what the benefits are as a good side to them also, this makes also enemies more killable when not so much healing that GvG does not end in anything else than a stalemate unless someones healers lag/disconnect). Week 5 also makes you not have to do complete class re-works.. that would make the whole audit pointless and having to start from the beginning if went with week 1.

Please, listen to the ones who been here for ages and actually know who all played during all these weeks, please choose WEEK 5 if one of these is to be the new standard. @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam

Week 5 <3<--choose it and be awesome if gotta choose one of these, do not trust in raw data this time, week 1 gave false info due to farm groups being at IC event.
  • Rexy18
    Rexy18
    ✭✭✭
    This was the only test that actually had any effect. Maybe it's different on NA but on EU weeks 5-6 made absolutely no difference (3 second dizzies aren't an improvement).
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please assist ZOS by voting on the week that you would choose to improve server performance.

If there ever was a poll that needed a "none of the above response," it's this one.

It has a none of the tests and an other option. What else is there?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They don’t care to fix the problem correctly because it would cost too much money. During MYM they reassigned sever space to help with the performance and they could purchase more but chose not to.

During MyM even the giant skill spamming zergs were everywhere without issue. Now when you look at even PvE the lag is a joke.

If ZOS wanted the forums to assist and help, they would have created a survey or poll themselves.

PvP in eso has been a meme for awhile now and will continue to be by the direction they are going towards. Either accept the issues and play or do not.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on October 16, 2020 8:32PM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the tests except the 1st test had a bad lag.
    The 1st test AoE global cooldown was very good.