Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changing security question when the original answer has been forgotten

ApoAlaia
ApoAlaia
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi beautiful people,

I purchased the game on release back in 2014 after playing the beta and then... well, D3 RoS happened and for one reason or another I never came back until now.

I have recently decided to come back because Greymoor appeals but I can't for the life of me remember the answer to the security question I used more than 6 years ago.

I have tried to open a ticket but the automated system railroads me to the pertinent answer when one does in fact remember the original answer to the security question rather than letting me open an actual ticket.

I have emails from back from the beta and the original proof of purchase of the game in my name so proving that is me requesting it seems achievable, I just seem unable to actually request it.

Can someone kindly point out what the actual 'workflow' is to be able to open a ticket?

Thanks!
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't edit the OP so I will add this edit as another post:

I do have currently access to the game and I am in fact playing, it just makes me twitchy that I don't remember the answer to the security question.

Hopefully I will never need to use that feature but if I do it would be useful to be able to.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @ApoAlaia

Please submit a ticket with us using our Account Recovery Form. Please select the issue type that best describes your issue, and describe the issue in detail using the "Additional Comments" box.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings @ApoAlaia

Please submit a ticket with us using our Account Recovery Form. Please select the issue type that best describes your issue, and describe the issue in detail using the "Additional Comments" box.

Thank you very much for your reply ZOS_Adrikoth. Will follow your instructions.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well this is turning out to be... interesting.

The very first field on the form is asking for the registered email address and somehow it doesn't like it. The field gets a red outline and it won't let me proceed with the request (the Submit button is greyed out).

This is the valid email address that is currently attached to the account and I use daily.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

The very first field on the form is asking for the registered email address and somehow it doesn't like it. The field gets a red outline and it won't let me proceed with the request (the Submit button is greyed out).

This is the valid email address that is currently attached to the account and I use daily.

A couple of options to troubleshoot, @ApoAlaia:

1. Try using a different browser.

2. Leave the e-mail field blank and include the e-mail in the body of the request.

• Snetchyy
    Snetchyy
    Soul Shriven
    Greetings @ApoAlaia

I submitted a ticket 2 days ago and still no one replying. I have the same issue of recovering my account
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Snetchyy

You can post your ticket number in this thread so we can check on the ticket status.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2. Leave the e-mail field blank and include the e-mail in the body of the request.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try a different browser - this is akin to 'have turn it off and on again' or 'have you emptied your cache', a 'universal fix' if you will ;)

Turns out the problem is that my domain name has a hyphen on it, and the form takes issue with that.

When asked for comment the form said, and I quote, 'no self respecting domain name would go around flaunting a hyphen; we will have none of that nonsense here'.

As it doesn't allow me to leave the field blank either I opted for using an alternative email address and including the actual email address and a brief explanation of the problem in the message body (as you suggested).
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try a different browser - this is akin to 'have turn it off and on again' or 'have you emptied your cache', a 'universal fix' if you will ;)

Turns out the problem is that my domain name has a hyphen on it, and the form takes issue with that.

When asked for comment the form said, and I quote, 'no self respecting domain name would go around flaunting a hyphen; we will have none of that nonsense here'.

As it doesn't allow me to leave the field blank either I opted for using an alternative email address and including the actual email address and a brief explanation of the problem in the message body (as you suggested).

Don't forget to list the ticket number in your thread, here, @ApoAlaia. :)
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't forget to list the ticket number in your thread, here, @ApoAlaia. :)

As it turns out is already resolved. I opened the ticket outside working hours (I am a UK peasant) as well so it took 3 hours to resolve my issue.

This is very good by any standard, more so in these... testing times.

Before someone throws the fanboy shoe at my face I work on infrastructure support, 3 hours for a non-critical issue has me nodding in approval.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for posting an update. With the account issue now resolved, we will be closing the thread .
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.