The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trying to disable all keybound input, while cursor is active.

SimonBelmont
SimonBelmont
✭✭✭
I am looking for a way to disable ALL keybound input, when a cursor is active in ANY field. EI: the way the game should function, by default.
Edited by SimonBelmont on November 3, 2020 8:51AM
  • Rasoma
    Rasoma
    ✭✭✭
    I am no mod designer but if a mod disables all keyboard input once you enter cursor mode how on earth do you exit cursor mode again as that is done with a keypress?
    @Rasoma - member since January 8th 2014
  • SimonBelmont
    SimonBelmont
    ✭✭✭
    Rasoma wrote: »
    I am no mod designer but if a mod disables all keyboard input once you enter cursor mode how on earth do you exit cursor mode again as that is done with a keypress?

Keybound input. Not, keyboard input.

The whole point is that, while a text field is active, character-control keybinds should not be.

You could, of course, still hit the keys and make letters appear in the text field, without any binds active. Hitting [Enter], when you were done typing, would send the text and close the text field; just as it does now. And clicking anywhere on screen with the mouse, would pause the text field, temporarily dismissing it, without sending any text; just as it does now.

Okay, so maybe I don't mean every keybind... But, any which evoke a character's directional movement, interaction with the environment, or animation; Attack, Bash & Block, specifically; should disable while a text field is open.

I guess the text-related keybinds would need to remain active; Start Chat, Start Chat Slash, Reply to Whisper, etc... Basically, every keybind in the [User Interface] section.

I do not use the mouse to Attack, Bash or Block. To me, that feels terribly unnatural.

Move Forward is Left-click.
    Roll-Dodge is Mouse-wheel click.
    Roll Left is Mouse-wheel Right.
    Roll Right is Mouse-wheel Left.
    Interact With Environment is Right-click.

Edited by SimonBelmont on November 4, 2020 7:58PM