The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magden going forward... (PVE)

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
yea, neh? We still gonna be one of the best (i think so but im biased)??
Gonna be interesting for sure....

( i gotta say though, the stam version of shalks is pretty cool....damnit) ;)
Edited by Joxer61 on October 31, 2020 6:50AM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ehhh... I have no idea, unfortunately, since the PTS has been too broken to parse for the past three weeks.

We'll be one of the strongest solo classes (PvE) but in groups... I don't know. We lost a lot of DPS because of the nerfs to buffs. Before they added Minor Brittle to the trial dummy, I was parsing slightly lower on it, even when I applied Brittle myself :(
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magden will be the bottom dps while stamden almost top. I main magden and had to race change to stam because insane nerfs. I'm just an average dps and currently on live hit 80k with magden. On pts I hit exactly the same despite the added buffs to 21 mil dummy. But with stamden I get 100k+
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ngl, I do envy the stamina double shalks. The armor debuff on Deep Fissure is rarely useful since sustain is impossible without Ele Drain (which also bring Major Breach). I guess you could argue that AoE breach is good for trash, but a single Necro with Unnerving Boneyard does this better than any Magden can.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I completely agree with the above, Deep Fissure needs improvement.

However still, my biggest issue with magden (and stamden as well) is its limited (almost non-existent) ability to apply Minor Toughness to your group. All other classes can reliably apply their class specific Minor buffs to whole group regardless of their role and without having to significantly change their builds. Warden dps simply cannot do that and Minor Toughness is exclusively a tank/healer specific buff. Yeah, you can argue that any warden can just slot Altar, but seriously, do you have to slot some useless skill and gimp your build in order to apply Minor Prophecy, Sorcery, Brutality or Savagery?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

However still, my biggest issue with magden (and stamden as well) is its limited (almost non-existent) ability to apply Minor Toughness to your group. All other classes can reliably apply their class specific Minor buffs to whole group regardless of their role and without having to significantly change their builds. Warden dps simply cannot do that and Minor Toughness is exclusively a tank/healer specific buff. Yeah, you can argue that any warden can just slot Altar, but seriously, do you have to slot some useless skill and gimp your build in order to apply Minor Prophecy, Sorcery, Brutality or Savagery?

Deep fissure should also deal frost damage since that's extremely helpful to proc chilled on groups.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So true, and it’s even worse than you state. Minor Toughness isn’t the only crucial group buff Wardens bring to a group, Major Resolve is arguably more important and requires slotting and casting another skill with zero damage. Frost Cloak + Altar result in the need for a Warden tank or healer in every trial group, and a Warden DPS cannot reasonably provide these buffs.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So true, and it’s even worse than you state. Minor Toughness isn’t the only crucial group buff Wardens bring to a group, Major Resolve is arguably more important and requires slotting and casting another skill with zero damage. Frost Cloak + Altar result in the need for a Warden tank or healer in every trial group, and a Warden DPS cannot reasonably provide these buffs.

At least Major Resolve can be substituted with Might Glacier set if you really need the resistances for group and no warden is available. However, Minor Toughness has no substitute at all, if you don't count the option for everyone in a group wearing Warrior Poet :lol: