The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS laggy

Tannus15
Tannus15
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Everyone in my guild is reporting the same thing on PTS. It's horrible and laggy basically unusable for any sort of dps'ing.

[Title Edited for Censor Bypass]
Edited by Psiion on October 16, 2020 12:51AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running any out-of-date add-ons on PTS, @Tannus15?

Those will definitely cause lag and occasional crashing ...
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seeing the same thing...with or without any add-ons running. Something is definitely wonky. Trying running a sorc, casting Daedric Prey, then casting any skill after it. Impossible to parse. Same thing with the MagPlar. Sweeps is nearly unusable. Replicated with 2 different computers. My ping through all this is running about 70ms.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Seeing the same thing...with or without any add-ons running. Something is definitely wonky. Trying running a sorc, casting Daedric Prey, then casting any skill after it. Impossible to parse. Same thing with the MagPlar. Sweeps is nearly unusable. Replicated with 2 different computers. My ping through all this is running about 70ms.

interesting. I'm also mag sorc and noticed prey and frag proc to be shafted. I assumed it might be a latency thing for me though since aussie ping (250ms+)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Shantu wrote: »

interesting. I'm also mag sorc and noticed prey and frag proc to be shafted. I assumed it might be a latency thing for me though since aussie ping (250ms+)

My FPS is not great on the PTS right now, about 60 FPS and a ping of 85 in the great outdoors of Western Skyrim. However, I am not experiencing lag. I am logged in from NA, but I do not get that much lag when I am on the EU server. Pretty sure the PTS is at the same farm in Texas that the main NA servers are at.

BTW, I did test frags and prey and they worked fine for me. My guess is you are experiencing lag from crossing the pond.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pts is well known for its lagginess, I can only assume it's resource allocation is very small and is easily overwhelmed sitting certain hours.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing the same. Something definitely different today. Purifying Light on the Magplar in particular seems to cause the game to give up the ghost entirely.
    Edited by Altyrann on October 17, 2020 12:47PM
  • ArzyeL
    ArzyeL
    ✭✭✭
    yep, this PTS patch is very laggy. Previous patches didn't have any issues
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm curious what the original title was.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pts is well known for its lagginess, I can only assume it's resource allocation is very small and is easily overwhelmed sitting certain hours.

Live is also well known for its lagginess, so unfortunately it's probably an accurate portrayal of what it will be like.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This doesn't act like your normal lag. I parsed the trial dummy just fine on my StamCro. But when I tried with my MagSorc and MagPlar, things went haywire. For example, if you use the sorc skill Daedric Prey, firing any skill after that will be delayed by nearly a second. Sometimes the skill doesn't fire at all. Repeatable on different computers at different times of the day and night.

Hopefully someone is paying attention. You never know around here. :/
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good, good.
    Feel the console latency.
    Let the anger build and plus accounts cancelled.
  • clicktoselect
    clicktoselect
    Soul Shriven
    remember when this was reported weeks before live, but it still made it to live?