Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Question About Upgrading from 180 day Subscription to 365 Days

radogamer
radogamer
✭✭
I have 164 days left on my 180 day subscription and decided I want to go with 365 days. If I change my subscription in my account right now, will I be charged the full amount for the 365 days or will I be prorated taking in to account what's left of the payment made for the 180 days?

Thanks.
J
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subscriptions run concurrently, @radogamer ... so your current subscription is not affected if you decide to change now.

You'll still get the remaining 164 days on the 180-day sub.

After that you'll be charged the yearly (365 days) subscription and get the yearly amount of crowns.

No guarantees, but you can start an Online Support ticket and see if ZOS will allow you to switch to the 365-day sub and pay the difference (only if you're interested in switching now).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 31, 2020 6:24AM
  • radogamer
    radogamer
    ✭✭
    Thanks Taleof2Cities,

I think I'll just opt with changing it in my account and paying the amount when the 180 day sub is over. Makes the most sense, much appreciated.
    J
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't set autorenewal at all. There is no benefit. Just the risk of forgetting to cancel down the road. Just buy the 12 month sub when you current sub finishes. And if you are unable to play the week the ESO+ sub expires, you aren't paying for non-playing days before you renew.

As someone who bought a 12 month sub a while ago, I am happy to learn it is a full 365 days. I assume it was just 30x12. Nice.

Subscriptions do not "run concurrently." The way it works is that you have an ESO+ time balance. When the balance runs out, you will auto-renew based on whatever option is currently selected. The auto-renew will add ESO+ time balance. I buy ESO+ and immediately cancel because I don't want it ever auto-renewing.
  • radogamer
    radogamer
    ✭✭
    Excellent advise Dave, that's actually what i use to do and I had forgotten about auto renew, thanks for reminding me.

Greatly appreciated.
    J
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Don't set autorenewal at all. There is no benefit. Just the risk of forgetting to cancel down the road. Just buy the 12 month sub when you current sub finishes. And if you are unable to play the week the ESO+ sub expires, you aren't paying for non-playing days before you renew.

As someone who bought a 12 month sub a while ago, I am happy to learn it is a full 365 days. I assume it was just 30x12. Nice.

Subscriptions do not "run concurrently." The way it works is that you have an ESO+ time balance. When the balance runs out, you will auto-renew based on whatever option is currently selected. The auto-renew will add ESO+ time balance. I buy ESO+ and immediately cancel because I don't want it ever auto-renewing.[/quot