The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Fantastic Customer Service

Artanisul
Artanisul
✭✭✭✭
Simple version is my wife bought the wrong thing on the Crown Store, she bought the cat banker and wanted the cat merchant...

What do you all think are the chances she can get that fixed?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50/50 chance. It all depends on the mood of whoever happens to get that ticket.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chances are good, just expect 2 weeks, or even longer right now due to corona.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If she made the ticket immediately and replied to the automated response email explaining the situation I'd think chances are good they'd exchange the two for her.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're drunk? On a serious note, ZOS needs to stop with the virus excuses. Everybody is dealing with it and they need to step up.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chances are pretty high, but you will have to wait for them to actually answer you...
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had any issue refund things, so I'm sure they'd be happy to fix such a mistake. The tickets are a bit slower right now during the pandemic but I've at most been needed to wait a few days on less urgent issues.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭✭
    They fixed it in less then an hour after she responded.
    Amazing to me given the original response said they cant do refunds or exchanges on Crown Store stuff.

They really came through on this one! Thanks Zenimax!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artanisul wrote: »
    Amazing to me given the original response said they cant do refunds or exchanges on Crown Store stuff.

I have found CS in this game absolutely awesome personally. Glad that worked out so well for your wife! Happy adventures in future to both of you.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artanisul wrote: »

I am genuinely happy for you
  • MaurnaFrost
    MaurnaFrost
    ✭✭
    I have frequent issues with the auto-responder but once you get an actual person things are handled pretty quickly.
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they are fantastic. 2 hours after writing to them about security question issue, they replied and reset back on the spot. Well done, Customer Service team!
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people who post constructively and politely on the forum about their problems generally report a positive outcome, while those who post with a sense of rabid entitlement and arrogant rudeness generally report a negative outcome. Funny that, there must be a moral there somewhere!
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    The people who post constructively and politely on the forum about their problems generally report a positive outcome, while those who post with a sense of rabid entitlement and arrogant rudeness generally report a negative outcome. Funny that, there must be a moral there somewhere!

Or that crown store help is getting answered right away while all other issues are postponed.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Or that crown store help is getting answered right away while all other issues are postponed.

I tend to the view that someone who had a payment in real money (or using crowns purchased with real money) taken twice deserves a higher priority response than someone who deconstructed something by mistake and wants it replaced. You are entitled to feel differently, of course :wink: !
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tend to the view that someone who had a payment in real money (or using crowns purchased with real money) taken twice deserves a higher priority response than someone who deconstructed something by mistake and wants it replaced. You are entitled to feel differently, of course :wink: !

You are definitely right, bugs in content I paid for, especially when I paid extra (dlc's) should definitely be addressed asap instead of being a bugfest since release.
    Edited by zvavi on November 2, 2020 4:12AM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I made that same mistake about a year ago and they fixed it almost immediately for me. Happy to hear you had the same good experience with that.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually how a customer reacts to a problem, especially if the issue is on the end of the corporation has nothing to do with how they should be treated by a customer service agent. In fact, I would argue that CS agents in many cases are the ones who act entitled and arrogant. Expecting a paying customer to kiss their bottom when its not the customer who loses out in the end, its the company is just ridiculous.

While I completely agree that its better for the customer to be respectful and courteous when dealing with issues, not all people act this way and we cant make rules or business decisions expecting them to. In fact, the most rude customers (obviously within limits) are your best chance to make a customer for life. Taking longer, treating them badly, talking back to them, arguing etc only fuel their fire. The job of a customer service agent is to put fires out, not pour gasoline on them. If you treat an already upset customer badly, you will lose them for life and they will tell all their friends and family and co workers and strangers for the rest of their days on every social media platform they can get their hands on. This is not what companies should be striving for, they should be striving to ensure that the customer, who paid for the companies product in good faith, is taken care of timely and courteously.

The saying "the customer is always right" is absolutely true. Obviously they are not always right, but when you are talking about the customer, as in the person who keeps your business alive, then it behooves a company to "make things right".

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have had three different type of issues (since 2014) that I had to contact customer support about.

All three experiences were professional, polite, & fixed my problem.

Edited by Wolfpaw on November 2, 2020 3:50AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explain the mistake clearly. I have received a refund before. Also, be patient as others have said. CS has at least a two-week backlog at the moment.

Also, be polite as I expect your wife will be. Zos CS makes notes of poor attitudes and abusive responses as many companies do. Companies tend to put less effort into helping people who are jerks.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Companies tend to put less effort into helping people who are jerks.

True, but not companies who care about their customers. Only companies who act entitled would put less effort into helping their customers.

Smart companies do not approach their customers, especially upset ones, as problems, they approach the customer as an opportunity.

Here is a list of 10 ways to handle customers from newleaf. These seem to be contrary to your post.

"Ten principles for delivering great Customer Service

1. Put your customers first. This means doing everything in your power to meet their needs and seeing things from the customer’s perspective. Do things for their convenience and make sure your procedures are efficient.

2. Always acknowledge customers. In face to face interactions a smile, eye contact or a nod in the customer’s direction can make all the difference. No-one likes being ignored or made to feel they are wearing an invisibility cloak.

3. Make your regular customers feel valued. It’s much easier to win business from existing customers than it is to find new customers. It helps if you have a good memory for people and the things that matter to them. If you don’t, you can always make a few crib notes in your customer files.

4. Always listen to your customers. High quality listening is one of the most important things you can do for your customers. Asking questions and listening is essential to resolving problems or complaints. It’s not just about problems though, sometimes customers simply have a need to chat.

5. Treat customers with respect at all times. Common courtesies should never be overlooked no matter how busy your staff are or indeed if the customers themselves are less than polite or well behaved. Similarly, it is important to respect individuals whatever their background or lifestyle.

6. Always keep your cool. There’s no doubt customers can be demanding and at times downright unreasonable. But it’s also fair to say that no-one ever won an argument with a customer. So it’s vital to maintain a calm and professional approach and to be patient with customers.

7. Be willing to ‘go the extra mile’ for your customers. Often it’s the small things that can make a considerable difference, doing something the customer did not expect. At other times it may mean pulling out all the stops to resolve an issue.

8. Check customer satisfaction levels. Customers can be fickle and there’s no room for complacency in delivering customer service. If you want to stay ahead of the competition then it’s important to gather feedback from your customers about your products or services. It’s equally important to analyse and act upon feedback received.

9. Make things easy for your customers. Whether you deal with customers mainly online, over the telephone or face to face, it should be easy for them to do business with you. Don’t expect them to jump through unnecessary hoops or to be kept waiting.

10. Show appreciation for your customers. Remember your business wouldn’t exist if you didn’t have customers. Make a point of thanking your customers for doing business with you. Be genuine in what you say. Customers will see through false statements or sentiments and they won’t be impressed."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    Companies tend to put less effort into helping people who are jerks.

True, but not companies who care about their customers. Only companies who act entitled would put less effort into helping their customers.

Smart companies do not approach their customers, especially upset ones, as problems, they approach the customer as an opportunity.
    Here is a list of 10 ways to handle customers from newleaf. These seem to be contrary to your post.

"Ten principles for delivering great Customer Service

1. Put your customers first. This means doing everything in your power to meet their needs and seeing things from the customer’s perspective. Do things for their convenience and make sure your procedures are efficient.

2. Always acknowledge customers. In face to face interactions a smile, eye contact or a nod in the customer’s direction can make all the difference. No-one likes being ignored or made to feel they are wearing an invisibility cloak.

3. Make your regular customers feel valued. It’s much easier to win business from existing customers than it is to find new customers. It helps if you have a good memory for people and the things that matter to them. If you don’t, you can always make a few crib notes in your customer files.

4. Always listen to your customers. High quality listening is one of the most important things you can do for your customers. Asking questions and listening is essential to resolving problems or complaints. It’s not just about problems though, sometimes customers simply have a need to chat.

5. Treat customers with respect at all times. Common courtesies should never be overlooked no matter how busy your staff are or indeed if the customers themselves are less than polite or well behaved. Similarly, it is important to respect individuals whatever their background or lifestyle.

6. Always keep your cool. There’s no doubt customers can be demanding and at times downright unreasonable. But it’s also fair to say that no-one ever won an argument with a customer. So it’s vital to maintain a calm and professional approach and to be patient with customers.

7. Be willing to ‘go the extra mile’ for your customers. Often it’s the small things that can make a considerable difference, doing something the customer did not expect. At other times it may mean pulling out all the stops to resolve an issue.

8. Check customer satisfaction levels. Customers can be fickle and there’s no room for complacency in delivering customer service. If you want to stay ahead of the competition then it’s important to gather feedback from your customers about your products or services. It’s equally important to analyse and act upon feedback received.

9. Make things easy for your customers. Whether you deal with customers mainly online, over the telephone or face to face, it should be easy for them to do business with you. Don’t expect them to jump through unnecessary hoops or to be kept waiting.

10. Show appreciation for your customers. Remember your business wouldn’t exist if you didn’t have customers. Make a point of thanking your customers for doing business with you. Be genuine in what you say. Customers will see through false statements or sentiments and they won’t be impressed."

True that smart companies treat their upset customers very well but that is not what I spoke about. It has nothing to do with demanding customers at all. I was speaking of jerks. Those that bully CS around. So yea, smart companies do go that extra mile for customers that are not idiots and do not treat their CS and other employees like trash.

BTW, I get this information from advice my brother-in-law from when he started off in CS for a Fortune 500. He of course got it from his training. He is not a senior VP of marketing of the Fortune 500. I think I am going to take his word for it as that advice, and his training, have served both him and myself very well.

For anyone who works in a place that allows customers to bully you around and speak bad about you, I feel for you. After the economy gets going again I suggest you find an employer that treats their people with respect and stands behind them vs allowing them to get steamrolled.

Edit: BTW, nothing in the 10 points of CS that I hid in the spoiler says CS is to put up with customers acting like idiots and bullying the company employees. Not one point says CS should put up with any and all behavior. Common sense would suggest there are lines that if crossed that the helpful situation changes. Just thought I would point that out.
    Edited by idk on November 2, 2020 5:27AM
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    The people who post constructively and politely on the forum about their problems generally report a positive outcome, while those who post with a sense of rabid entitlement and arrogant rudeness generally report a negative outcome. Funny that there must be a moral there somewhere!

In my experience, this is not necessarily true.

About 4 years ago, it took Customer Service nearly 3 months to solve the problem with my missing crownstore-bought motif that had cost 4000 crowns. The "problem" was bounced from one staff member to another and I had to keep re-explaining to them what the problem was. That was super annoying. But that was the only terrible customer service experience that I encountered in the 6 years of playing TESO. All other experiences have been very pleasant.

As for in-game bugs, to be fair, there isn't much that Customer Service can do about it as it is not their department.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    100%, as real money is involved. Just make sure your ticket is to the point, easy to understand, and short. Customerservice likes short... well, atleast their tickets! :smiley:
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    True that smart companies treat their upset customers very well but that is not what I spoke about. It has nothing to do with demanding customers at all. I was speaking of jerks. Those that bully CS around. So yea, smart companies do go that extra mile for customers that are not idiots and do not treat their CS and other employees like trash.

Even Jerks have to be dealt with in a kind manner. Customer service 101 (your brother should know this) is to understand that when a customer is upset, they are not upset at YOU, but the situation. Customer Service agents who get offended, or take it personally, and therefore retaliate, should not be in that position of employment.

But regardless. This is what you said.

IDK wrote - "Also, be polite as I expect your wife will be. Zos CS makes notes of poor attitudes and abusive responses as many companies do. Companies tend to put less effort into helping people who are jerks."

If ZOS is doing this, as you assert (I am not sure how you would actually know this information...seems dubious at best), then that can only mean they intend to retaliate by not taking care of that ticket appropriately.
    BTW, I get this information from advice my brother-in-law from when he started off in CS for a Fortune 500. He of course got it from his training. He is not a senior VP of marketing of the Fortune 500. I think I am going to take his word for it as that advice, and his training, have served both him and myself very well.
    My blood brother is head of a department for one of the largest telecoms in the world. He takes care of customers and clients across the globe. He often speaks at conferences in London, Tokyo, New York, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Singapore, and countless others. He would take issue with a couple of posts here, including yours.
    For anyone who works in a place that allows customers to bully you around and speak bad about you, I feel for you. After the economy gets going again I suggest you find an employer that treats their people with respect and stands behind them vs allowing them to get steamrolled.
    1. I own my own business.
    2. I have never had to deal with an irate customer or had one treat me badly, because I adhere to the 10 points I posted above.

Even if a client is rude, bullying etc, a calm, understanding and sympathetic demeanor will do wonders for a CS agent in trying to calm an irate customer.
    Edit: BTW, nothing in the 10 points of CS that I hid in the spoiler says CS is to put up with customers acting like idiots and bullying the company employees. Not one point says CS should put up with any and all behavior. Common sense would suggest there are lines that if crossed that the helpful situation changes. Just thought I would point that out.

Actually point 5 and 6 touch on this. People don't need to 'keep their cool' with mildly upset customers now do they.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never had any issues getting help, when I accidentally bought an item, or the wrong one, from crown store.. they were fast, polite and professional, and fixed my issue within 24 hours
  • belfong
    belfong
    ✭✭
    I bought Appearance Change and even though I spent hours to tweak my Appearance, something still goes wrong after I commit. In the game and at certain angle, my appearance is weird. I sent Support a ticket, not expecting it to be entertained and they responded within a day and helped me! The funny thing is that my spam filter caught the email and I wasn’t aware of it until two weeks later.

It’s a truly fantastic support and customer service. Great job there, ZOS!
    Edited by belfong on November 2, 2020 9:19AM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    belfong wrote: »
    I bought Appearance Change and even though I spent hours to tweak my Appearance, something still goes wrong after I commit.

The character creator / editor is currently bugged.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/550686/character-creation-is-bugged-your-appearance-might-not-be-what-you-selected
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience customer service sadly depends on who you get.

Some responses I have had clearly show they didnt even read the ticket or complaint properly, which is the very least I would expect. It looks like often its just a standard cut n paste response.

Conversely, I have had some really fast, understanding and effective customer service in the past.

Most recently however, really bad and unacceptable customer service. I hope it is not a trend.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

They're drunk? On a serious note, ZOS needs to stop with the virus excuses. Everybody is dealing with it and they need to step up.

Everyones dealing with it, by doing things like working from home, delaying events, meetings etc, to avoid spread.

It is definetly not business as usual, lets try to be a bit more understanding here.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they fix this issue. Like 40$ worth of crowns for that thing
This discussion has been closed.