The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The game's ability to handle positioning is currently the worste ever.

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I am sure that most of us have experienced getting hit by dawnbreakers 20m away, which was cast in the opposit direction, getting hit with dizzy and execute while dodge-rolling, or dragon-leapt unto target without any damage registering.

However, yesterday it reached new heighs for me when I ran up to an afk player in Cyrodiil under lag-free conditions, positioned myself right in front of the players, facing his direction, and opened with engulfing flames - but it did not connect.

1m away from target, facing his direction, flames went through is avatar - yet ZERO damage!

No wonder combat feels to clunky and unresposive these days.

Please, whatever you did to positioning and targeting recently @ZoS fix it again asap. This is embarrasing 6 years in development.
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is such thing as "lag-free conditions" on the PTS? I thought that was a myth.

Honestly, I haven't encountered single hour on the PTS being completely lagless.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 29, 2020 11:40AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can thank zos for moving more of those calculations server side. Messages like "target out of range" is a regular feature now.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From last update I started to screen record perfect dawnbreaker line ups that didn’t register, after the first 50 I stopped recording and was cbf to even bother compiling a reel of them.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm.

Tried a sub-50 Battlegrounds yesterday, most single-target skills "choked" half the time (the animation starts then stops) and got a bunch of "Target is Out of Range" messages, even though on my screen the player was standing right in front of me.

Whatever they did the last couple of patches made this way worse. Every day now is a bunch of "Target out range" messages for the simplest things.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming to think of it, "Target is out of range" is the new "This is an unusually long loading screen".

It's been a while since I've seen the last one. Xbox/NA even had a guild named like that.

I wonder how long until a "Target is out of range" guild shows up (if it hasn't already).
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah; early on in March when desyncs had just started; I had done clips where I'd die to melee not even near me, then my corpse would just teleport back to where I was earlier at the feet of my attackers. I have not seen the post death rubberband lately, but I think its still happening as I go to death recaps expecting maybe I was hit by snipes and PI and some procs or other DOTs with nobody there; only to find dizzy swings.

On the other way; missed dizzy swings, or hearing a targeted ultimate go off in audio, but not really fire are common.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and me have our TVs right next to each other. We always have a desync - also in PVE. E.g. while both riding on a mount, she's far ahead on her screen and I am far ahead on mine.
    So I am not wondering anymore...
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    This happened in the patch that tried to remove block cancel. Been getting progressively worse since then.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same *** happens when fighting guards on live or PTS. I was testing a new build at 2-3amEST on NA the other night and still couldn’t hit stationary guards, if I tried to leap I would blow right passed them and land 10m away, Executioner damage delayed by an entire GCD. CC immunity not working at all.

This is with 80 latency.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it's for these reasons why the devs giving vampire a stun that only works when someone is looking at you the single worst idea ever. In CQC you can just forget about landing it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    You can thank zos for moving more of those calculations server side. Messages like "target out of range" is a regular feature now.

It's sad cause their servers already couldn't handle things as it was and then they moved more stuff server side. Not sure why? maybe they thought it was better? (it's not) maybe to help with cheating? (rather have cheaters then a game that just doesn't work at all) or maybe it had to do with Stadia? idk, but they really should revert whatever they been doing lately.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday after killing the world boss at Jagged Grotto, the dead boss slid across the ground 9 or 10 meters away from my character and offered no drop. :/ I figured it was a case of positioning, not sure though.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Yesterday after killing the world boss at Jagged Grotto, the dead boss slid across the ground 9 or 10 meters away from my character and offered no drop. :/ I figured it was a case of positioning, not sure though.

Exactly the same for my friend and me - same boss, same day, same problems.