The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC EU Greyhost becoming stale

vgastel
vgastel
✭✭✭
Not much going on anymore, apart from a few resources flipping and the occasional fight and gank. Most people just wait in keeps and countersiege for a def tick. Much easier to defend than to attack with 3 sec global cooldown on heal and purge. Yes, the 3 sec global cooldown seems to solve a lot of (but not all) lag but the action goes down imo way too much.

Solving the issue of skills not going off from lag by an implementation where skills are not going off for 3 seconds imo is a catch 22 solution that reduces the dynamics, the strategy and thus the fun and in the long run may make people turn away from Cyrodill altogether. ...anyways, just an observation 😔.
Edited by vgastel on October 24, 2020 11:05PM
  • chloriscloudysky
    chloriscloudysky
    Soul Shriven
    It has been totally dead in the afternoon from an AD perspective. Just bunches of other factions having a blast running about in tens and 20s versus 5 at most. The combination of interminable testing to decide which way to ruin the combat is certainly making AD quit playing and some may never return. Also the decision to allow faction swap was a disaster, on EU Grey it now feels just pointless due to imbalance. Honestly this is the worst managed game i have played - total lack of respect for customers.
  • chloriscloudysky
    chloriscloudysky
    Soul Shriven
    Zos implementation of skill changes is somewhat like the scene in Aliens where the marine commander sends his troop into the facility (Cyrodiil) on a bug hunt, and then says " guys we can't have any firing in there". The rest as they say is history.
  • vgastel
    vgastel
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed....previous campaign I was emp for the DC side. Now, after half an hour I logout because nothing happens and I am bored. Blue population was on 1 bar today at 23:00 cet, never ever saw that in the 3 years I have been playing. But well, if noone is playing there is no lag, so I guess the test is working 🤭... although I doubt as intended.

The present test version with 3 sec global cooldown and regen freeze feels almost as if we are being punished for playing.
    Edited by vgastel on October 27, 2020 11:53PM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU campaigns were stale in 2016. I'm amazed people have stayed there nightcapping for 4 years.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the sense that everyone is well and truely over these testings. Having to adjust your ghameplay and build every single week is a pain. Never seen PC EU Greyhost as quiet as these past 2 weeks.

Please ZoS, do not extend the testing again.

EP even went below poplock yesterday primetime, something that has not happened for a good few months.

We're done ZoS, we're exhausted. Please let this be it. If it gets extended further, you will officially kill off Cyrodiil.
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must admit i had enough after the second test, haven't logged on since then, just kept an eye on the forums. When they announced 2 more tests and seeing what they were, I must admit I had a laugh at how stupid they were.

Checked my guild discord last night and only 4 people were playing (usually we have a near full raid every night)
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We aint played since the tests and i doubt we'll return.

What a waste of time.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cannot wait for testing to be over tomorrow.

Has not been enjoyable at all while things were going on. Hope some of them don’t make a permanent fixture in the game.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We aint played since the tests and i doubt we'll return.

What a waste of time.

you guys should come try NA :)
    @AbraXuSeXile
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on November 2, 2020 2:18PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • vgastel
    vgastel
    ✭✭✭
    EU Greyhost felt amazingly playable today. Some more AD players/ groups needed and balance is hopefully restored.
  • chloriscloudysky
    chloriscloudysky
    Soul Shriven
    Its been dead for months, made worse by testing and now worse than ever. Just a few tanky spank types in small scale jumping about outside keeps. There is no real group play with or without tests in the afternoons now. I think ppl just got sick of the hassle. i played GW1 pvp for ages and eventually it just died very fast, maybe the same happens here.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been dead for months, made worse by testing and now worse than ever. Just a few tanky spank types in small scale jumping about outside keeps. There is no real group play with or without tests in the afternoons now. I think ppl just got sick of the hassle. i played GW1 pvp for ages and eventually it just died very fast, maybe the same happens here.

Nah, just analyze WHY there is no group play in the afternoon.

Easy answer: 6 weeks of AoE tests have driven off LfG group leaders, as 12 is just too small a raid to compensate for the lack of player quality in PuG groups.

Cyrodiil is like a food chain: Without the PuG raids, organized groups have nothing to farm, and without the organized groups, no action is happening on the map; thus, solo players stay in their homekeeps in order to avoid getting farmed by Small Scalers. In the very end, even the Tower farmers depend on the existence of those despised "zerglings" in a PuG raid.

So if you think Cyro is stale, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT and lead a pug raid.
    Edited by Thraben on November 5, 2020 5:04PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    PUG FOR THE WIN !