The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Frozen Device

MellowMagic
MellowMagic
✭✭✭✭
This skill amoung many others needs to be looked at following the nerf to major maim. I know this wont be looked at till the next pts cycle but i thought id make a discussion now. Frozen device's major maim doesnt even hit cc-immune enemies & the major maim debuff should be alot longer then the 4 seconds it is now. With major maim being almost 50% as effective, the debuff should last atleast 8 seconds, either that or increase it to 5-6 seconds and allow the debuff and damage to hit a target even if they cant be pulled.

Many other skills needs to be looked at following the major and minor buff change:
Permafrost, Nova and Storm Atronach are just a few off the top of my head that are seriously weak now.
PC / NA @MellowMagic
Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
By the Divines...
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skill amoung many others needs to be looked at following the nerf to major maim. I know this wont be looked at till the next pts cycle but i thought id make a discussion now. Frozen device's major maim doesnt even hit cc-immune enemies & the major maim debuff should be alot longer then the 4 seconds it is now. With major maim being almost 50% as effective, the debuff should last atleast 8 seconds, either that or increase it to 5-6 seconds and allow the debuff and damage to hit a target even if they cant be pulled.

Many other skills needs to be looked at following the major and minor buff change:
    Permafrost, Nova and Storm Atronach are just a few off the top of my head that are seriously weak now.

Or...

They could make the skill just not suck in general.

I went with silver leash after months of seeing 3 devices still on the ground when a fight is over. After the trash mobs (totally pullable) spent the entire fight standing dead center on them.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jameson18

I have yet to see that in pvp, pve bug maybe?

As a Cyrodiil support role I always lay frozen device where bombers like to bomb...funny as hell when they go to bomb and are pulled to me blocking 20y away, rooted, & damage reduced...bomb fizzes and they're melted by zerg.

@MellowMagic Agree.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on October 29, 2020 7:13PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would self-interestedly (as a Frost Warden enthusiast) love to see Frozen Escape (the even less useful morph of the skill) transitioned to a Daedric Mines-style damage skill that applies an Engulfing Flames-style 10% weakness to Frost Damage.

Fully agree that Frozen Device needs a buff though to account for its wonky hit detection and nerfed Major Maim.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

i think this comes more into a discussion of buffs in general. it seems to me like the standardisation was a little too harsh. personally i think that 8% minor and 16% major for more of the percentage buffs, (with the execptions of expedition, regen buffs, specific defence/offense buffs such as evasion and force and the critical chance buffs) would be better. however we still need to see how this performs on live. i'm definitely in the boat that they mostly needed to be reduced, but i think some were reduced way too much, specifically looking at major berserk, maim, protection and vulnerability which lost 15%, 15%, 20% and 20% power, respectively.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on October 30, 2020 4:01AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX