The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

damage mitigiation

Rlacoste
Rlacoste
✭✭✭
Can someone point me in the right direction, still learning mechanics of the game, there are things I can't wrap my head around. Like how do players mitigate 90% damage? example, Assassin's Scourge on NB, 16k tooltip, now with the impens, blocking etc..I can understand 50-60% damage mitigation but how are they mitigating 90%? 16k tooltip is only doing 1.4-2k damage.
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50% Battle Spirit, 50% blocking (blocked dmg cannot crit), up to 50% (~33k) resistance gives you up to 87.5% mitigation already. Plus additional sources of resistance like Champion Points and Minor/Major Protections and Maims and other unique sources (block mitigation bonus, damage limitation like Magma Shell and more).

So basically there are tons of ways to mitigate the incoming damage.
    Everything is viable
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rlacoste wrote: »
    Can someone point me in the right direction, still learning mechanics of the game, there are things I can't wrap my head around. Like how do players mitigate 90% damage? example, Assassin's Scourge on NB, 16k tooltip, now with the impens, blocking etc..I can understand 50-60% damage mitigation but how are they mitigating 90%? 16k tooltip is only doing 1.4-2k damage.

Maybe because of shields?
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rlacoste wrote: »

What do you get on a dummy?
  • Rlacoste
    Rlacoste
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the explanation, much appreciated.

On the dummy it hits for 14717 and crits for 26K