The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necromancer Dunmer instead of Altmer/Breton (did I made a mistake) ?

• MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fced wrote: »
    They should change the name of those stats to make them easier to understand. Even if you know that weapon damage doesn't affect the damage of your staff, many people still misunderstand them. For example there are lots of people who think that +258 Spell damage actually increases the damage done by spells by 258. Also many people think major sorcery (+20% Spell damage) increases the damage of spells by 20%. Not the players fault.

Spell Damage > Magical Power
    Weapon Damage > Physical Power

Also get rid of nonsense numbers. If Precise can say "7.2% critical" why can't sets say "3.8% critical" instead of the "833 critical"?

Wait, do you mean Major sorcery (potions or gear) don't increase damage of spells ?

It does. Not by 20% tho. Your damage done is based on a calculation using Spell Damage and Max Magicka. So increasing your Spell damage stat by 20% doesn't increase your damage done by 20%. It approximately increases by around 10% but it also depends on the build. For example my pvp build has almost 50k Max Magicka and very low Spell damage so increasing it by 20% has very little effec on my damage while it would be extremely powerful if i could increase my Max Magicka by 20% instead.
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer necros represent! The difference in numbers is negligible, no need to switch imho :)

eso64-2020-03-11-13-53-18.png
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • ReachHalo
    ReachHalo
    ✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    play what you like....

My Magicka Necro is Khajiit ...

mSbjIPT.png

Same... Khajiit all the way, can be mag or Stam and still clear the room with dps... Love it
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Magicka Necro is Khajiit ³ and doing great in both pvp (BGs) and Dungeons and Trials.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fced wrote: »
    Hello,
    Today i created a Dunmer necromancer (DD), but because of the lore, and because i didn't wanted to play another time Aldmeri domain (my sorcerer is Altmer) i decided to create a Dunmer.
    My friends told me i made a mistake, they told me i should have got the Altmer, but the dunmer have more dps (weapon+spells) and the altmer more regen.
    What are your thought ?
    Thanks
    Ced

Wait, you wanted to make your necro specifically Dunmer, because of the lore? Uhh...
  • fced
    fced
    ✭✭
    No
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In practice, Dunmer and Altmer are equal. Altmer gets a bit more damage on paper but that difference is conpensated with 1 missed light attack or by RNGJesus by a bit better luck with crts.