The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bane of Thorns bugged for 2 months

RussianAsgard
RussianAsgard
✭✭✭
I do not want to break any rules, therefore I will not post messages from game support right now.
But at the first request of ZOS, I will provide everything.

And so the problem:
Achievement "Bane of Thorns" (close 3in1 in the Castle of Thorns) - buggy still, even since the release of the DLC (August).
For some unknown reason, it simply does not count for some players.
The bug was reported as soon as we encountered a problem (in August). + A couple of people definitely wrote about this problem to support in September.
With our squad, we were anxiously waiting for the fix to be written in a patch note. Waiting almost until mid-October, but after a ton of prophylaxis and fixes, ZOS did not say anything about it.
We thought that everything is ok, then we killed a lot of hours, put in a lot of effort and fulfilled all the conditions.
Especially for this situation, we did everything on record.

And a surprise - nothing counted for us. As a reminder, players have been reporting about this bug for two months.
But the developers not only did not fix this problem, they did not even inform the community that it was useless to waste time on this achievement now.

Many will say that you can try again. But in our group - there was a person, whose achievement was not credited three times in a row.
In addition, maybe for hardcore players this is a trifling matter - to close 3in1, but for us it is still worth the effort and time that we cannot throw away.

Naturally, we wrote in support with all the proofs and we were nobly asked to "drop the quest and try again."
Further, the question was, of course, redirected to a "special department" who essentially said that these are our problems, BUT they will surely pass this information to competent persons so that one day everything will work and be beautiful. I wonder how many times in 2 months you need to transfer information to "competent persons" in order to really fix everything? or at least notify the community about the situation.

An interesting thing is that before us, one person wrote in support facing this problem. And his support asked for a video recording confirming the closure in accordance with the conditions.
The man had no record and was naturally kicked off. But we had a recording, and it didn't change the situation at all .. strange things happen.
Why ask for proofs that don't affect anything?

In general, I remind you that we pay for this game, for DLC or subscriptions, but as a result we get this.

@ZOS_ginabruno
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 22, 2020 6:16PM
  • MrTrenbolone
    MrTrenbolone
    ✭✭✭
    Only 2 months, that's nothing.
    I've complained about several bugs that are years old and are still there to this day.

[snip]

[edited for petition/protest]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on October 28, 2020 1:40PM