The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyro Lag Data - Live Xbox

Jameson18
Jameson18
✭✭✭✭✭
So.. I'd like to point out that the vast majority I'm seeing as far as feedback on these PC and PTS live tests of combat performance fix options etc., is pretty much just whining with no constructive lending to data collection.

Can we actually get together and point out specific items we are observing in regard to contributors to performance issues? How are the teams working on this supposed to even know where to look if everyone's just screaming "Omg you broke this. Even though I'm not even here to help you test, I just want to blow people up with my 2 buttons and my homies in my ball group!".

I'll start. It's easy.

Cyro Performance Issue Observations;
GT; Mctaterskins
Platform; XBox NA
Location; Grey Host

Issues Observed;

Game performance and/or latency see significant impact at the combat or proximity introduction of the particular skills, Hurricane, Permafrost, Northern Storm. Bar swapping locks up. Skill animations proceed, sometimes with only half the animation. Skills ultimately do not fire.

"Time Warping" happens. After a series of moments without skill, bar, roll, or block response, character is also then "warped" back to a position anywhere from 5-15 seconds prior.

Comments;

The current culprits I have observed are similar in the aspect that they are pulsing area damage over time skills with multiple effects or effects calculated subsequently after contact. Whether through passive skills or items working in conjunction, or buff/debuff modifiers being calculated.

For the most part, I am only seeing this in Grey Host XBox NA. It's happened on a far lesser scale in Black Reach, but only during rare high population times. Have not experienced in non CP campaign. Population does seem to be a factor. Perhaps baseline server stress prior to the introduction of the formerly mentioned items.

Will be paying attention to other skills whether potentially connected to their mechanics, items based effects, or graphical design and add to the following list.

Current Observation of Performance Suspects;

Hurricane
Permafrost
Northern Storm

If anyone happens to have any other observations and would like to explain the specifics or just give a few details, please reply with the information and I'll add it to my list.

Thanks!
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Additionally, I'd like to note;

My own personal observations I'll be listing will be taken from small group skirmishes. As the ones above were.

I'm targeting scenarios no larger than 4v4.

In the case of the hurricane, permafrost, and northern storm observations, which are frequent, the combat scenarios consisted of mostly 2v2's, 2v3's, and 2v4's.