The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sexual harrasment--player is back

• Scarletblaze
    Scarletblaze
    ✭✭✭
    201020-001295

• Scarletblaze
    Scarletblaze
    ✭✭✭
    can send screenshot of him messaging me too; it was reported in the game
  • Scarletblaze
    Scarletblaze
    ✭✭✭
    201020-001295
  • Scarletblaze
    Scarletblaze
    ✭✭✭
    it's the same person that was included in last report
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the thing is, i should NOT have to change my in game @ name just because zos won't hold up their end of tos. again, i blocked and reported this player. im sure he will get around that too.

I know you shouldn't, my friend shouldn't have had to either. They even said as much. Unfortunately due to the persistence of their stalker, that's what was ultimately decided because it's pretty easy to spoof location, to various other identifying factors of PCs and accounts are cheap. Even worse, free-trials. That's why I don't think that CS won't do it, rather it's a matter of being realistic given the nature of internet anonymity and how people exploit certain things to slip between the cracks.

So again, I understand it. My friend shouldn't have had to. I shouldn't have had to and I wasn't the one being stalked. Ultimately it's your decision on how you want to proceed. You shouldn't have to - again, I agree, but sometimes we, the user, have to take the power of online stalkers and use that same power against them. Which is anonymity. There's power in arming yourself with information on preventative measures, what you're able to do and weigh each one to where you feel like you can feel comfortable in game again. I'd certainly keep following your ticket, as CS should do something. However due to COVID, I'd also be patient as they've got high response times the last I've heard.

Which ever you decide though, good luck.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Thank you for providing this ticket number @Scarletblaze

We can confirm that it is with the right team. This matter will be investigated and we will take appropriate action as necessary. Thank you for your patience and understanding as this gets investigated.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Scarletblaze
    Scarletblaze
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much <3
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    how is it streamers and 'toxic' players can get perma banned but sexual predators don't?
    One reason. Such predator as you call it is 100% anonymous person. Streamer is not. In case streamer (especially some well known one) is found to bypass ban it may be easier to figure out who that person really is (and ofc easier to find out that they violated terms of service even after getting ban).

Also I have to agree with others. TESO is buy to play game for very low price for base game. Creating multiple accounts is no effort at all sadly. Preventing anything here? Only multiboksing (multiple accounts logged in at the same time from same address). As for banning whole machine keep in mind that login may be coming from some publicly available computer or computer (or even system user) may be shared (like between friends or family members).
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this player is from eu and im from usa...so do i report to my local law? is there really no way for zos to enforce their own TOS?

IMHO you should always report bad harassment to your local law enforcement - if only so it shows up in the statistics that there is a problem - because so much of this is invisible due to non-reporting. If the statistics say it's not a problem them nobody spends money on it.

Your local law enforcement does have the power to require Zenimax to turn over IP addresses, internal logs and the like to them if they choose to do so. How far that helps dig out an offender is really in the EU who knows but if they are lying about their location they may get a surprise.

The EU has internal treaties and tracing ability, the US likewise. Unfortunately the mutual assistance treaty between the two is an unmitigated disaster area.

There are btw proposals in both the EU and US to give service providers a mandatory duty of care towards their customers.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Scarletblaze
    Scarletblaze
    ✭✭✭
    just giving you an update: this player is STILL active in game on his accounts. [snip] so words of advice: [snip]. blocking does nothing either--player just makes a new account. [snip] so fellow female players: beware! report all you want, predators are more protected than the victims.

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 2, 2020 2:52PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the investigation for the support ticket has ended, we are going to now close this thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.