The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

snipe/light attack weaving after 6.2.3

Arwyr
Arwyr
✭✭
light attacks aren't firing until after the snipe hit lands on target. anyone else having this issue? want to make sure its not just me. tested on multiple characters/builds from multiple distances. its not happening on live, so i know its not just my connection.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, i noticed this as well.
    thank you for pointing it out.
    i hope this gets fixed.
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    good change

=)
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete snipe, replace it with something actually less buggy and usable other than sitting in crouch.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Delete snipe, replace it with something actually less buggy and usable other than sitting in crouch.

Yea, well if they fixed the desyncing that keeps happening when someone snipes you, I would have no issues with snipe anymore, truly.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

Yea, well if they fixed the desyncing that keeps happening when someone snipes you, I would have no issues with snipe anymore, truly.

Snipe is pretty easy to counter when you aren't being desynced, it is also the only spammable in the game (unless you count dark flare) that can be inturrpted.
  • Arwyr
    Arwyr
    ✭✭
    honestly for the longest time, i've wanted them to just turn it into a proper spammable. instant cast, shorter travel time, nerf the damage. would be great for pve, and would appease the anti-gankers in pvp. i guess now they want us to use their new arena bow in melee range as a buggy melee weapon though? cool, thanks zeni. also, #rip bow builds in pve if this goes live...
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arwyr wrote: »
    honestly for the longest time, i've wanted them to just turn it into a proper spammable. instant cast, shorter travel time, nerf the damage. would be great for pve, and would appease the anti-gankers in pvp. i guess now they want us to use their new arena bow in melee range as a buggy melee weapon though? cool, thanks zeni. also, #rip bow builds in pve if this goes live...

Yep rip pve. Travel time b4 light attack would be a bad precedent for all of the ranged abilities, instant or cast time.
  • Arwyr
    Arwyr
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any word on whether or not this is being checked out by anyone?
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is likely due to what they are playing with atm :

All Light, Medium, and Heavy Attacks now have a 700ms cooldown unique to their weapon configuration (Dual Wield, One Hand and Shield, etc.) rather than varying amounts between 500ms and 1 second. Cast times of Heavy Attacks have been increased or decreased to ensure their total Cast Time + Cooldown remains the same at this time."

Fixed an issue where projectile impacts could appear delayed on your client when weaving them with Heavy Attacks.
    Edited by ne.ga.kurai_ESO on October 16, 2020 9:08PM
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Snipe is pretty easy to counter when you aren't being desynced, it is also the only spammable in the game (unless you count dark flare) that can be inturrpted.

Bloodthirst, jabbs, dizzy swing, heavy attack builds, poop rock, (birds) are all cast time spammable and most can be interrupted
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bloodthirst, jabbs, dizzy swing, heavy attack builds, poop rock, (birds) are all cast time spammable and most can be interrupted

There is very big difference between stun caused interruption and actual interrupt like bash causing it
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Main difference is that with all of those listed, if you are bashed or venom arrow/crushing shock/other interrupt skill is cast on you, you still follow through the channel and you don’t get stunned. Snipe however, you do.

Additionally, poop fist and birds are instant cast, they just have a delay when cast.
    Edited by JobooAGS on October 17, 2020 3:33AM
  • ArzyeL
    ArzyeL
    ✭✭✭
    It's not only Snipe, i had the same issue with degeneration. It seems that some skills in this PTS patch are animation locking you and can't be cancelled with Light Attacks.
  • Arwyr
    Arwyr
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if it got fixed with this patch? Wont be home to test for a while, and still havent had any response to my bug report or anything -.-