The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Perls of Ewww no Fam

OlumoGarbag
OlumoGarbag
✭✭✭✭✭
Pearls of Ehlnofey is by far the worst mythic piece we had so far. All other mythic sets are above or on the power lvl of monster sets.

"Whenever you cast a healing ability while your dominant resource is under 30%, gain 5 Ultimate."

After some testing on pts i can say that this set is extremly terrible to use.

Bloodspawn gives : 13 ultimate and 4k resistance every 5secs (with almost no cooldown on pve tank or pvp)
Pearls give: a maximum of 25 ults over 5 seconds with a hidden 1 second cooldown on the ultigain and its really hard to proc it. If you would stay on low magicka/stamina all the time you wouldnt have enough ressources to keep your buffs/debuffs and damage skills up. So even when you would find a build in pvp/pve that only spams heals it wouldnt be very much viable.

Some of these changes need to be done for the set to be even viable for a niche build:
- Remove the 1+ second hidden cooldown of the set
- Increase the ulti gain
- increase the % of the ressource pool/ allow more then one ressource pool
- Give it a secundary effect (min/maj buff)

class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like the requirement at all either, if anything should be a higher threshold (say 70 or 60%)

I did wanna say it felt more like a tank set than a healer set, something to combine with powerful assault as an example
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ult per second wise there is no better source but it is too niche of a procing condition. Otherwise I would consider running this.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or your non-primary resource would be nicer. MK would be a dream to run.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid wrote: »

It needs some form of curse too it. I think that's the theme. Part of the problem with this is that it feels like something you really want with the Tonal Mythic. You ensure your stam pool is higher than your magicka. Bring it below 30%, hold block and spam magicka heals.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I'm on console and can't test it, but regardless, it doesn't feel like a healer set, and I don't think it even sounds worth the effort. I can get ultimate regen from my Warden passive (4 ulti every 8 seconds) without having to sacrifice an actual healer set.

Please, complain here too lol.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that basically any of the suggestions in this thread are better than the current implementation.

@SgtNuttzmeg Does it actually need a curse though? Speed Ring has no downside apart from breaking up a 5-piece to slot it, but that's true of any Mythic, regardless of the granted effect.
  • SgtNuttzmeg
    SgtNuttzmeg
    ✭✭✭✭
    @YandereGirlfriend That's a good point but 5 ult per sec is a lot and is more than any other source. They are putting this on a one piece too.

@Scion_of_Yggdrasil I see it being more a support set for pvp. Something for a negate or banner bot.
    Legions of Mordor Core

Cold0neFTBs
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the downside of the set is already that it only procs of healing skills. Which are mostly very expensive single target heals being 4k and aoe heals between 3-4k.

This is the only mythic that could be meant for a tank/heal/support build, but instead torc and snow treaders are just way better for those builds.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm under 30% I'm doing something to recover resources, not spaming skills to get ulti... and certianly not wasting a set bonus on it. It's not going to see much use at all
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, it's awful to use and so situational it's not funny. Looks fun on paper, but in reality it's a terrible item.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Agreed, it's awful to use and so situational it's not funny. Looks fun on paper, but in reality it's a terrible item.

I don't understand how one of the new mythical pieces can look really great and the other like the spam platter at a shrimp bar.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

I don't understand how one of the new mythical pieces can look really great and the other like the spam platter at a shrimp bar.

Bc when there is a potential to exploit a set (deceisive/dragons/potentates) in a slightest way the devs either ignore it for a long long time (mala/bashcro/torugs/old proc) or they start by making it only a tiny little bit usefull when you completly 100% build around it.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it work with Repentance?

I was thinking of this:
    You can manage your attributes so your max magicka and stamina are +- even and just put glyph of magicka on your shield so your magicka is slightly higher than your stamina on your SnB bar. That way you can take Spear/Orb on your destro staff bar to restore stamina and easily keep your magicka under 30% having it the main resource on your SnB bar. Than you just spam repentance (no cost) for extreme ultigen.

Even if it doesn't work with Repentance (Templar), it should definitely work with Malevolent Offering and morphs (Nightblade) which has health cost, or with Cauterize (Dragonknight) which is veeery cheap.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 16, 2020 9:46AM
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if it works with Blood Mist (which is a damage and healing ability)?

If so I'd wear it on my vampire build
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't spam repentance anymore. It grays out when there is no body around. The cheapest heal would be malevolent offering which only costs health and rapid Regen after that.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it works with Blood Mist (which is a damage and healing ability)?

Only skills which are primarily a heal work. Which kind of narrows it down to expensive healing skills which are not really worth 5 ult per cast
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭

Only skills which are primarily a heal work. Which kind of narrows it down to expensive healing skills which are not really worth 5 ult per cast

Ah ok thanks mate 👍
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah... I keep looking at it and try to think of a situation when it would be better than other options and I just can't.

If it would proc off of other skills then I could see using it on a DK for sustain with Battle Roar, but requiring a self heal while under 30% magicka would be too high of a cost, both in terms of magicka and DPS.

I could maybe run a tank build with it, but there are better options with more uptime, where this only benefits me when I am almost out of resources.

Maybe if they made it 2 Ult per second but gave it an easier proc condition?
    Playing since beta...
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe useful for a PvP dk healer with low regen, using this as a source of regen while also pumping out lots of ults? Very niche but maybe?

Edit: I do think this set seems underwhelming but they should be careful in buffing it because it very easily become overpowered. That is a lot of potential ult gen.
    Edited by Danksta on October 16, 2020 2:20PM
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Edit: I do think this set seems underwhelming but they should be careful in buffing it because it very easily become overpowered. That is a lot of potential ult gen.

I think 10 ults per cast would be strong but not OP since it has this hard proc condition and "exploiting" on a support build isn't really a thing anyways. It's not viable on DD in any Szenario so this is a set you don't really have to worry about when thinking about balance.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    @OlumoGarbag have you seen this video clip mate? If you take a look from 4:30 onwards he shows that both direct healing abilities and skills that heal work with the ring.

For example, he shows that puncturing sweeps, structured entropy and purifying light (the heals) trigger the ultimate generation.

https://youtu.be/6fWO3octLM8

I think ill use this ring on my templar vampire build so that I can trigger vampire scion quicker 👍
    Edited by Weesacs on October 18, 2020 11:20AM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OlumoGarbag have you seen this video clip mate? If you take a look from 4:30 onwards he shows that both direct healing abilities and skills that heal work with the ring.

For example, he shows that puncturing sweeps, structured entropy and purifying light (the heals) trigger the ultimate generation.

I think ill use this ring on my templar vampire build so that I can trigger vampire scion quicker 👍

That looks promising then, still there is a hidden global cooldown on the ultigen and some skills with healing aspects proc them while others don't. Its pretty inconsistent. Being at 20-30% magicka is something you can do in PVE but being that low on ressources is a death sentence. Same with titanborn, looks promising but staying low health means insta death
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That looks promising then, still there is a hidden global cooldown on the ultigen and some skills with healing aspects proc them while others don't. Its pretty inconsistent. Being at 20-30% magicka is something you can do in PVE but being that low on ressources is a death sentence. Same with titanborn, looks promising but staying low health means insta death

How does hidden cooldown affects anything since it's tied to cast of the ability? You can't cast abilities faster than once per second anyways. Or is it bugged and casting three abilities in a row (while fullfiling all the proc conditions) does not result in 15 ultimate?
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 19, 2020 9:41AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid wrote: »

That would actually be horrible from a pvp pov.

Stamina would/could get rewarded for blowing through their secondary resource without thinking.
    Magica going low on secondary resource gets stunned and dies.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ichsuisme
    ichsuisme
    ✭✭✭
    I didn’t know about the 1 second cooldown. That changes things for me. I don’t know if I like this mythic anymore.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How does hidden cooldown affects anything since it's tied to cast of the ability? You can't cast abilities faster than once per second anyways. Or is it bugged and casting three abilities in a row (while fullfiling all the proc conditions) does not result in 15 ultimate?

It also procs of some healing over time ticks. So more than 1 per second is easy possible
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

I think 10 ults per cast would be strong but not OP since it has this hard proc condition and "exploiting" on a support build isn't really a thing anyways. It's not viable on DD in any Szenario so this is a set you don't really have to worry about when thinking about balance.

If the proc condition was made easy to get it would be very OP, which was my point about buffing the set. Just think, Major Heroism which is very strong gives 9 ult every 4.5 seconds.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It also procs of some healing over time ticks. So more than 1 per second is easy possible

But it definitely shouldn't. You wrote it yourself in the original post:

"Whenever you cast a healing ability while your dominant resource is under 30%, gain 5 Ultimate."
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it definitely shouldn't. You wrote it yourself in the original post:

Same thing goes with other "cast skill" sets. "When you cast damage shield" also procs of shield glyph, passive shields and proc set shields.
    But weirdly it doesent work on all heal over times. So either they buff it and make it on cast only or they make it proc on any type of healing instance dealt.