The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crowns on sale soon?

harvey07
harvey07
✭✭✭
i would like to purchase some Crowns...but would be super mad if they go on sale in the next 14 days. anyone know the cycle for the Crown sales?

Best Answer

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    harvey07 wrote: »
    i would like to purchase some Crowns...but would be super mad if they go on sale in the next 14 days. anyone know the cycle for the Crown sales?

I don’t think that there’s a cycle exactly since it would, naturally, cause people to delay Crown purposes rather than feel compelled to buy more when they are on sale. Nevertheless, I think they tend to go on sale once during the summer and then again sometime during the winter, if memory serves. In any case, I would be quite surprised if there were a Crown sale within the next two weeks.
    Answer ✓
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably around christmas.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If memory serves me there was a sale a couple of months ago, maybe early or mid-summer I think.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • frompa
    frompa
    ✭✭
    So many things released and returning recently its rude to not have a sale now
  • frompa
    frompa
    ✭✭
    6 months ago crowns were trading around 150 per and now they're up to 300 and 350. The market is saturated with demand but not enough supply
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frompa wrote: »
    6 months ago crowns were trading around 150 per and now they're up to 300 and 350. The market is saturated with demand but not enough supply

If the market demand is high right now, @frompa, wouldn't it be in ZOS's interest to delay a Crown Sale?

I think you're getting actual in-game demand mixed up with your current personal wish to buy Crowns in-game.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 28, 2020 9:15PM
  • frompa
    frompa
    ✭✭

If the market demand is high right now, @frompa, wouldn't it be in ZOS's interest to delay a Crown Sale?

I think you're getting actual in-game demand mixed up with your current personal wish to buy Crowns in-game.

I'm not mixed up with anything. I still have crowns from the last sale. It's simple, the more items they make available for crowns the more of demand there will be. Unfortunately not everyone has the means to pay the obnoxious regular prices and that's why the market price is up so high.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not mixed up with anything. I still have crowns from the last sale. It's simple, the more items they make available for crowns the more of demand there will be. Unfortunately not everyone has the means to pay the obnoxious regular prices and that's why the market price is up so high.

You didn't answer my question at all, @frompa.

If you and I agree there is higher demand right now, why would ZOS want to magically put on a Crown Sale?
  • frompa
    frompa
    ✭✭

You didn't answer my question at all, @frompa.

If you and I agree there is higher demand right now, why would ZOS want to magically put on a Crown Sale?

I didnt answer your question? What, are you just on this forum to just try and argue with people? Grow up. I do not agree with you and that was stated in my last answer. The gold price per for crowns is high because people aren't buying them and there are too many items coming out back to back. If more people were buying crowns that price would be back down.
    Edited by frompa on October 29, 2020 3:06AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably around christmas.

This. If I recall correctly there is a cycle. I think the anniversary of the game is one time and around Christmas is another time. It is never announced ahead of time.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be one after black Friday and before Christmas if they follow the same pattern as the last few years..
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    harvey07 wrote: »

It's really a shame. There should be a 30 day price protection like most companies offer. People often forget that we are paying for a product, we are customers 1st and foremost. By NOT giving a 30 day guarantee I know for a fact they miss out on crown sales. My advice is don't spend too much, only buy crowns for what you need (I know nothing in game is "NEEDED", but you know what I mean). When crowns go on sale, then buy half a years supply, that of which only you can determine how much you will need. Use those crowns for your purchases to come. Then when the next crown sale goes up, buy another half a year supply.

I might be wrong, but they seem to do crown sales a couple times a year, but they are not 6 month spreads, again I might be wrong in this but this is why I suggest to purchase a 6 month supply when they go on sale, then another 6 month supply when they go on sale again.