The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

A Beginners Guide to Elder Scrolls & Roleplay in ESO

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never really found much RP on ESO, and much less since the RPers suddenly up and quit Riften.

My main on ESO is a Nord woman with a decidedly Breton name, due to being orphaned in infancy in an attack by supernatural creatures, either Vampires, Werewolves, or Daedric beasts, and she was adopted by a travelling breton family.

She grew up to be what could be among the best hunters of such supernatural beings in Tamriel, using a mild Aedric blessing she was born with that grants her uncommon strength, around equal to a burly orc male bodybuilder, and she knows some light and burny spells which are great against vampires and daedra.

She's quite open minded for someone who kills supernaturals for a living however, possibly due to being well travelled, and will stay her blade if she has a very good reason to believe the creature in question is not a threat. (House Ravenwatch vampires for instance)

but yeah I put a ton of thought into my characters its just a shame that no one seems to RP anymore.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Sanguiness130
    Sanguiness130
    ✭✭✭
    @dazee I'm sorry but I don't see how this relates to the topic of my thread?
    SANGUINESS
    [EU Server - @Sanguiness ]
    RPer and Lore Geek
  • Sanguiness130
    Sanguiness130
    ✭✭✭
    News! I am beginning work on the Advanced Guide!

What would you like to have covered in it? In game factions and their history? Types of magic? Specific events?
    Let me know!
    SANGUINESS
    RPer and Lore Geek
  • Sanguiness130
    Sanguiness130
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies but I've had to put pause on the work of my Advanced Guide, but I have had some messages from people who've read the guide with very kind words and I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone who's taken the time to read this! It really is lovely to see/hear people having use for my guide!
    Hope everyone is looking after each other in these weird times, stay safe everyone!
    SANGUINESS
    RPer and Lore Geek
  • Alianym
    Alianym
    ✭✭
    Hey there!

A bit late to the party here but read the guide and I thought it was very well put together and presented. I love the inclusion of sources and reference material for further reading. Something I've seen not done as well as I'd like in other presentations of this kind of thing. Also I applaud the impartiality in the telling.

I'll be interested to see your Advanced Guide completed, whenever you get the opportunity to work on it again.

Look after yourself too. :smile:
  • Sanguiness130
    Sanguiness130
    ✭✭✭
    Alianym wrote: »
    Hey there!

A bit late to the party here but read the guide and I thought it was very well put together and presented. I love the inclusion of sources and reference material for further reading. Something I've seen not done as well as I'd like in other presentations of this kind of thing. Also I applaud the impartiality in the telling.

I'll be interested to see your Advanced Guide completed, whenever you get the opportunity to work on it again.

Look after yourself too. :smile:

Thank you so very much! The idea of the Advanced Guide was to base it around a more developed Roleplay guide, as well as including information covering the different Lore Factions (e.g. Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Psijics, etc.) and a bit of coverage on the myths, legends and ancient stories of Tamriel that are heavily focused upon in the game, e.g. Nerevar and the Tribunal, the Dwemer disappearance, the fall of the Falmer, and the like (lore sources all included, of course!).
    SANGUINESS
    RPer and Lore Geek
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this guide. For the advanced guide, maybe go with some non-official races.

Since ESO has canonized that the Tsaesci look like Imperials (or they can shed their skin and appear that way), maybe cover what is known about the Akaviri race and what happened to all the Akaviri that lived in Cyrodil as recent as 200 years prior.

Daedra? There are polymorphs for Xyvkin and Dremora. I'm not quite good enough to take on Veteran Maelstrom Arena yet, so until then I'm making a Dremora the Skyrim way (Dark Elf, darkest skin and eyes and the nice Dremora face markings they've provided), and throwing a hood on him since that seems to hide real Dremora horns.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Crazyprophet
    Crazyprophet
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the guide! I'm just about to get into ESO RP (I'm a World of Warcraft refugee haha) and this is a really comprehensive summary of the lore! Good to know! :)
  • Sanguiness130
    Sanguiness130
    ✭✭✭
    So at long last I have begun on my Advanced Guide again, completely restarting and hopefully will release it in the next couple of weeks.
    The coverage so far will be on Guilds, Legends and Stories, and Advanced RP techniques and information. But there is room for plenty more!
    So! I'd like to hear from you all, what would you like to know? What haven't I covered her that you think I should in the next?
    Let me know!
    Edited by Sanguiness130 on October 14, 2021 4:11PM
    SANGUINESS
    RPer and Lore Geek
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    Really great guide, awesome job, I will check if I can make my RP background better, I had an idea back then about achievements connected to quests tied to certain gameplay. Like all magic quests, all stealthy quests, all nature like quests. I guess some of it would be too much narrowed, but still there could be a guide about what kind of quests in which zone to pick up if you want to deal just with quests good for your way how you RP character.

ZOS have this dream of everything being random for adventurers, but if I want something specific you have to finish the game first and discover it for yourself.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Sanguiness130
    Sanguiness130
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, so after some hard work and a lot of thinking, I have done a complete ultimate guide on Elder Scrolls Online and Roleplay! You can find the new guide linked here, please see that for all future developments!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/592273/the-ultimate-beginners-guide-to-elder-scrolls-roleplay-in-eso
    Edited by Sanguiness130 on November 28, 2021 1:32AM
    SANGUINESS
    RPer and Lore Geek