Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stalking Blastbones (Magicka Morph) needs a new secondary effect.

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I personally like the idea of the magicka form of Blastbones summoning two exploding skeletons. More corpse generation and plus having two running bois would be kind of neat

I like this idea as long as the damage of each BB is reduced by 45%. Total damage output would go up by 10% and you would generate 2 corpses in one cast. This would increase the value of Necrotic Potency spell as well which would also benefit necromancer tanks.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 14, 2020 8:40AM
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally like the idea of the magicka form of Blastbones summoning two exploding skeletons. More corpse generation and plus having two running bois would be kind of neat

I like this idea as long as the damage of each BB is reduced by 45%. Total damage output would go up by 10% and you would generate 2 corpses in one cast. This would increase the value of Necrotic Potency spell as well which would also benefit necromancer tanks.

Exactly! Idk about reducing the damage of each BB as that kind of defeats the purpose, I would argue for balancing sake maybe make it take 5 seconds to fully form up instead of 3 like the current one.

But regardless, your other points are spot on. It'd help out a lot with the class as a whole.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Exactly! Idk about reducing the damage of each BB as that kind of defeats the purpose, I would argue for balancing sake maybe make it take 5 seconds to fully form up instead of 3 like the current one.

But regardless, your other points are spot on. It'd help out a lot with the class as a whole.

Two full damage BBs could be very unbalanced in PvP even with longer delay. Secondly, PvE magNecro is not that bad damage wise and there is definitely no need to double the damage of BB. Splitting the current damage between both BBs is the possible solution.

Secondary effect increase the damage of BB by 100% and creating two corpses (which in fact it is) sounds extremely overpowered even if delay was 5 seconds. But increasing damage of blastbones by 10% (both blastbones doing 55% of original one) and create two corpses without changing the delay sounds very reasonable
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 14, 2020 12:30PM
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Two full damage BBs could be very unbalanced in PvP even with longer delay. Secondly, PvE magNecro is not that bad damage wise and there is definitely no need to double the damage of BB. Splitting the current damage between both BBs is the possible solution.

Secondary effect increase the damage of BB by 100% and creating two corpses (which in fact it is) sounds extremely overpowered even if delay was 5 seconds. But increasing damage of blastbones by 10% (both blastbones doing 55% of original one) and create two corpses without changing the delay sounds very reasonable

PvE magnecro is one of the weakest classes, though? But putting that aside:

The current morph of Blastbones used to increase the damage by 50% at max range. I feel like a flat 10% increase to over all damage is disgustingly low is all. What if the second blastbones only does 60% of the damage of the first one? I feel like that is a good compromise. If that is too much, you could nerf the value to 50%.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could go the new stamDen route and give a free second cast for Blastbones.

It's boring and low-effort but it seems to have made a big difference in PvE and it would free up a GCD in a PvP burst combo.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be best if it applied a dot with an execute passive, similar to poison injection.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about consuming a corpse on use to summon another blastbones that does 50% of the damage of the original?
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sky is the limit. From a PvP perspective, short of the Skeleton grabbing on to someone and throwing them off a cliff, it's safe to say they could do anything and MagNecro wouldn't be overpowered in PvP in the slightest. Hell, make the skeleton tether to the target shooting laser beams out of their ...eyes.. while they charge at the target doing damage the whole way.

ANYTHING!
  • Milo
    Milo
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesn't it apply a debuff on the enemy and the blastbone only goes on the player with the debuff? No more random leaps to enemies you don't want to hit. Add minor brittle to it (Nice new debuff and synergizes well with the Crit passive) and call it a day.

Whats so hard about it?
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about turning it into the execute skill magcros desperately need in PvP? Not even going too overboard with it, let it do up to 100% more damage based on the targets' missing health?
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloudless wrote: »
    How about turning it into the execute skill magcros desperately need in PvP? Not even going too overboard with it, let it do up to 100% more damage based on the targets' missing health?

Making it an execute really isn't ideal. Execute shouldn't be so passive in use. With this being a delayed burst skill, it really wouldn't act as a skill that could finish people off. It would just be a generic damage increase on a skill. I'd much rather Mag get an execute that was more 'active' in how we use it. Ideally it wouldn't even be on the Necro and would be a Destruction staff skill. Considering there are 2 Destruction staff skills no one bothers to use unless they have the corresponding monster weapon, there is plenty of room for improvement.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new changes on PTS, Blastbones seems far more reliable. Instead of running and getting stuck, it leaps to the target straight away. However, this does have a negative impact on the skill. The skill text is as follows:

"Every second the skeleton spends chasing its target increases the damage of the explosion by 10%, up to a maximum of 50% more damage."

Now that Stalking Blastbones leaps straight to its target, this secondary effect no longer does anything, as there is no "chase" period. The stamina morph of the skill has its own unique secondary effect, so I feel that the magicka morph will need a new one too.

Honestly they should just allow it to summon two blast bones at this point, or drain the target's health with each cast. I would also like for them to actually reword reanimate blast bones to show a tool tip for what each blast bones would do.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    How about it grant empower for your next light attack. Zos needs to be careful what they add to blastbones so as to not make Necro to strong.

No
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would like to play magcro if it wasn't clunky but it's just so clunky that i don't think it's that fun to play. i think the correct path forward in the future is to have unique "class synergy" type effects, that are minor and easy to obtain, something that naturally occurs and doesn't jarringly force you to interact with the game in odd ways.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An interesting idea I thought of is to copy what they are doing to Warden and have a chance to reanimate itself.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I'd take anything at this point. Even an acknowledgement would be great.
    Surely, it wouldn't take too long to say "hey, yep we're aware of this."
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    has Stalking Blastbones been fixed yet?
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has Stalking Blastbones been fixed yet?

no, it still does nothing.

zos? hello? could it do something?
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Playnice
    Playnice
    ✭✭✭
    Can they just make blastbones spawn and jump after 1 or 2 seconds without running? Any time I cast it on someone that is fast my blastbones gets lost and despawns which eats up like 5-8 seconds.
    Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
    Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playnice wrote: »
    Can they just make blastbones spawn and jump after 1 or 2 seconds without running? Any time I cast it on someone that is fast my blastbones gets lost and despawns which eats up like 5-8 seconds.

That matches my experience.

I think Blastbones needs some fundamental mechanical changes. I know ZOS changed it to jump sooner than it used to, but it still isn't reliable/predictable enough to be very usable. Every other delayed burst skill can reliably be re-cast on fixed intervals. Blastbones, on the other hand, can take anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds to go off, and things like moving targets can prevent it from going off at all while simultaneously locking you out from recasting it for an extended duration (which then affect all of your other skills because Blastbones is also your main source of corpses).

The fact that the magicka morph's damage scales less than it used to because the Blastbones jumps sooner is a relatively minor concern compared to the fact that the delay is still too unpredictable.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This reminds me of everquest 2 where a skill's secondary effect didn't work was left that way for over a year. 😯
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...minor sorcery on cast? Empower? I'll take anything at this point.
  • Benoftheflies
    Benoftheflies
    ✭✭
    make it's effect summons 2 smaller skeletons that do less damage each (overall damage can be something like 130% of the base morph) and that spawns 2 corpses
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting idea, @Benoftheflies .

Hey ZOS, any input at all? An acknowledgement would also be super cool and brave of you <3

EDIT: just realized I made this topic in January 2020. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, STALKING BLASTBONES.
    Edited by LukosCreyden on February 4, 2021 5:21PM
  • MaegMaeg
    MaegMaeg
    ✭✭
    make it's effect summons 2 smaller skeletons that do less damage each (overall damage can be something like 130% of the base morph) and that spawns 2 corpses

From all the ideas I read so far, I like this one the most I think. Not only mag dd, even a healer could benefit from this.
    [...] just realized I made this topic in January 2020. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, STALKING BLASTBONES.

This is just sad..... how hard can it be to add something?
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helping to “necro” this post... Please give this morph something useful :)
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not giving up on this until we get an answer.

It has been too long without any response or acknowledgement. I won't tag ZoS staff, as I do not think it helps and they get tagged in enough stuff already.

I hope we can get some info soon.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: just realized I made this topic in January 2020. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, STALKING BLASTBONES.
    I posted this thread about the Spirit pet bugging out and failing to heal back in June of 2019, as well as submitting some in-game bug reports, and it still hasn't been fixed yet. The problem seems somewhat less pronounced if you're slow and immobile (ie, no Swift jewelry, minimal sprinting, and not utilizing terrain to the maximum), but that "playstyle" comes with numerous problems of its own.

This patch has been a massive letdown, since I was hoping for more class fixes and balance improvements. Maybe that will come along with the chapter this summer...and hopefully not involve more buffs for Stam and nerfs for Mag.