The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Snipe is ruining entire Battle Ground matches

• MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t be making the argument that Snipers are the worst because they contribute nothing to the team.

Not everyone cares about the team, or winning for that matter. We all get enjoyment out of the game in different ways, and for some people 2 shotting people from stealth is hella fun.

Personally I find it boring as hell! but to each their own.If you detest Sniping so much adjust your build to cope with it better, become a stage 4 Vamp so you can stealth up to a Sniper and give them a nice tap on the shoulder.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initiating the channel of snipe should remove the user from sneak or stealth.
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    the archer type nightblade are not all no-team play, some are looking to play team-play, it's just that the game tries to make NB be no-teamplay, 3/4 of the players whether it's NB, DK, templar sorcerer, warden or Necro, most are looking to play the kikoo DPS instead of playing the goal and it's more and more noticeable
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amazes me with all the crap I die to in BGs snipe is the least of my concerns. So funny how regardless of what the MMO is people just can't stand dying to archers/stealth.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are few things less fun than having two or three people spamming poison injection on you from different directions. People who actually want to fight can't even go at it because snipe is forcing us to take cover and hide. I'm running from one sniper just to get shot by another. Why even bother to learn to play the game? Why bother learning to block, bash, interrupt, turn and burn? For all that skill, I get to find 6k, 8k, and 10k snipes in my death recap when sometimes I didn't even know I was being hit.

I can barely do 5k dmg on my snipe.
    What built do you need to run to do 10k dmg on snipe.

NB + Divines + Shimmering Frenzy + Spriggans + The Shadow mundus + ???
  • ZrZone
    ZrZone
    Soul Shriven
    You can really tell who the snipe spammers are in this thread
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »
    There are few things less fun than having two or three people spamming poison injection on you from different directions. People who actually want to fight can't even go at it because snipe is forcing us to take cover and hide. I'm running from one sniper just to get shot by another. Why even bother to learn to play the game? Why bother learning to block, bash, interrupt, turn and burn? For all that skill, I get to find 6k, 8k, and 10k snipes in my death recap when sometimes I didn't even know I was being hit.

snipe doesnt kill battle grounds snipe kills unexpierenced players (short noo*s)

This is always the dumbest argument - the whole “It’ll only kill you if you’re not good.”

If it’s only one or 2 players using that broken playstyle, maybe.

My issue lately is a majority of BGs death match lobbies have 4 or more players running that exact same build. So there isn’t any amount of shields, dodge rolls, or blocking to negate getting hit by 4 different players in stealth just spamming the same ability over and over and it hitting you at once.

Add the garbage state this game is in on console and you literally see 1 single arrow animation and you’re dead but the recap shows a lot more.

At least on PS4, a majority of matches feels like trying to walk through raindrops without getting wet and it’s a downpour or being blindfolded and told to run across a gun range without taking a bullet. It takes all the fun and skill out when all you run into are matches that are loaded with NB snipe spammers.
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Hunt them down and exterminate them like the vermin they are. It’s the only way. They’re always too focused on what’s in front of them I sneak up and interrupt with crushing shock and burst them into oblivion and dance on their corpse. Death to all snipe spammers.

Pull up on em, make em RUN
    Edited by ImSoPro on October 11, 2020 3:44AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Desync is sooooo infuriating, they should just say its a "feature" at least.... Freaking hate that desync
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Desync aside, if you struggle to notice when you're getting sniped consider finding this line in your UserSettings file and changing this line:
    SET DirectionalDamageIndicatorVisibleInThirdPerson "1"

"1" activates the setting, default is 0. Make a backup copy of your file before you change anything. It displays a red indicator similar to this:
    FP-Hit-Indicator-small.jpg

IMO Snipe spammers are not bad on their own, but what annoys me mainly is when I'm in a bad but salvageable position trying to escape orange then a purple sniper lands one or two hits that wind up giving the orange the kill.
    Edited by Recapitated on October 11, 2020 8:28PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Desync is sooooo infuriating, they should just say its a "feature" at least.... Freaking hate that desync
    Agreed. I don't normally see all that many Snipe spammers in BGs, but actually got desync'd twice last night.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desync aside, if you struggle to notice when you're getting sniped consider finding this line in your UserSettings file and changing this line:
    SET DirectionalDamageIndicatorVisibleInThirdPerson "1"

"1" activates the setting, default is 0. Make a backup copy of your file before you change anything. It displays a red indicator similar to this:
    FP-Hit-Indicator-small.jpg

IMO Snipe spammers are not bad on their own, but what annoys me mainly is when I'm in a bad but salvageable position trying to escape orange then a purple sniper lands one or two hits that wind up giving the orange the kill.

Right? Like, I'm thinking I can make a comeback against someone and then suddenly I fall over dead. It turns out a snipe from the third team hit me and put me in execute range.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stun from stealth/sneak when using snipe needs to go. Until ZOS can fix the abuse and bugs this skill comes with, you shouldn't be able to stun with snipe when used from stealth.
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    The stun from stealth/sneak when using snipe needs to go. Until ZOS can fix the abuse and bugs this skill comes with, you shouldn't be able to stun with snipe when used from stealth.

Why does snipe stun from stealth? Is that from a NB passive? I thought that was from poison?