The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Reconstructing

Red99
Red99
✭✭✭
Im confused, for example if i have bsw shoes i can make a bsw inferno staff even if i never found it?
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can only reconstruct item that were binded to one of your characters
  • Red99
    Red99
    ✭✭✭

So for make a bsw inferno a need to have it or i just need a generic bsw item?
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In simple terms:

1) You add item you have on any of your characters to your collection.
    2) You can reconstruct items from your collection.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red99 wrote: »

No, @Red99, you'll have to find a BSW Inferno Staff in City of Ash first ... and pick it up (since it's bind on pickup). Once picked up, the Staff will automatically register to your "sticker book".

Separately, you'll have to find BSW shoes in City of Ash ... and pick it up (since it's bind on pickup).

Fortunately, the trait doesn't matter for the items you pick up. As long as your character knows the trait (through research), you can reconstruct the item from your "sticker book" in any trait.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 30, 2020 6:44PM
  • Nevark
    Nevark
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone knows for monster helm, do we need to collect all 3 armor type (light, medium and heavy) or just one of it and we will be able to reconstruct in either of the 2 we don't have?

For example i have a light iceheart helm and i can later reconstruct in medium or heavy version?

Thanks!
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s my understanding that if you only have it in medium, you can only reconstruct it in medium, etc. I think that also might mean that a monster set is considered six pieces in regards to reconstruction costs, three helms and three shoulders, but I might be wrong on that.
    Edited by Elvenheart on October 3, 2020 6:01PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    It’s my understanding that if you only have it in medium, you can only reconstruct it in medium, etc. I think that also might mean that a monster set is considered six pieces in regards to reconstruction costs, three helms and three shoulders, but I might be wrong on that.

Yes, that’s exactly the way it’s working on the PTS. 3 weights for each head and shoulder, so 6 items to max out a given undaunted set and bring the recon cost down to 25 crystals.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, @Red99, you'll have to find a BSW Inferno Staff in City of Ash first ... and pick it up (since it's bind on pickup). Once picked up, the Staff will automatically register to your "sticker book".

Separately, you'll have to find BSW shoes in City of Ash ... and pick it up (since it's bind on pickup).

Fortunately, the trait doesn't matter for the items you pick up. As long as your character knows the trait (through research), you can reconstruct the item from your "sticker book" in any trait.

Just a small note: dungeon and trial loot are not "bound" immediately, since you can trade them with your party. To get them in your "sticker book" you need to either wait them to be bound (once the trade opportunity runs out) or equip them so they become bound at once. This is to avoid situations where people can pass along all the loot to each other at the end of the run and earn stickers for gear they do not own.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Valdek
    Valdek
    ✭✭✭
    Holy macaroon! Does this mean I can finally clear up my bag spaces of all my 1000s of sets that I don't use but want to keep just in case?
  • Nevark
    Nevark
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks @Elvenheart and @virtus753 for the replies!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valdek wrote: »
    Holy macaroon! Does this mean I can finally clear up my bag spaces of all my 1000s of sets that I don't use but want to keep just in case?
    It does, note that it will cost transmute crystals to get them back but if junk trait this does not matter.
    You also need to upgrade, items is reconstructed in lowest quality so that is blue for dungeon and trials outside perfected trial gear. Has already destroyed some duplicate stuff i store just in case.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm understanding this right, I'm gonna do a lot of dressing and undressing with a couple of my mules once this patch goes live. (one stores magicka sets and the other Stamina/health sets)

I have a lot of overland sets that I've saved but never put on (bound) because I collected them just in case I ever wanted to try them out and didn't want to go grinding. Does this sound about right? Also, my understanding is that dungeon sets I've stored are already bound?

First I've read about this and PTS is down right now so I can't try it out to see.

Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• TheBardAtTheInn
    TheBardAtTheInn
    ✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    If I'm understanding this right, I'm gonna do a lot of dressing and undressing with a couple of my mules once this patch goes live.

You dont have to dress and undress. If you wanted, you could just deconstruct that gear, since deconstructing a piece of gear that isnt in your sticker book adds it.

Also, my understanding is that dungeon sets I've stored are already bound?

Correct. After the update you'll need to log on to each toon in order for the sticker book to register what's in their inventory, but after you've done that anything you own that says "bound" is in your collections and able to be reconstructed.
    TheBardAtTheInn | PC/NA | CP 2600+ | For King and Covenant!
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct. After the update you'll need to log on to each toon in order for the sticker book to register what's in their inventory, but after you've done that anything you own that says "bound" is in your collections and able to be reconstructed.

Thanks for the answers!
    OK this makes me think of a couple of more questions

Is this retroactive to all of the sets you've already deconstructed or just the ones you deconstruct after the patch goes live?

If I'm reading right, the sticker books doesn't seem to be universal so do I need to deconstruct everything with my maxed out crafter? (not really sure about the level of gear thing) the only thing I ever farm with my lower level characters are material nodes but they store all of my unused gear.

Sorry I won't be able to try this out for myself until tomorrow, just trying to get a sense of what to focus on once I can.
    Edited by Casdha on October 5, 2020 2:01PM

• Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the answers!
    OK this makes me think of a couple of more questions

Is this retroactive to all of the sets you've already deconstructed or just the ones you deconstruct after the patch goes live?

If I'm reading right, the sticker books doesn't seem to be universal so do I need to deconstruct everything with my maxed out crafter? (not really sure about the level of gear thing) the only thing I ever farm with my lower level characters are material nodes but they store all of my unused gear.

Sorry I won't be able to try this out for myself until tomorrow, just trying to get a sense of what to focus on once I can.

It's not retroactive. Anything you deconstructed in the past is gone forever. Don't get rid of all the copies of stuff you're going to want in your sticker book until after this goes live.

The sticker book IS account-wide. That's why you have to sign on to each of your characters, so it will pick up what you have on all of them.

It was mentioned on the Twitch stream where this was introduced, that you would have to have sufficient crafting skill to be able to "craft" (re-construct) an item, so you'd probably want to actually bring things back with your crafter, to minimize the cost of improvement mats, to have maximum options for traits available, and to be able to craft all of the items.

I take this to mean you would need the skill to craft a cp160 metal helm, for example, if you intend to re-construct a heavy monster head piece. To have the trait researched that you want to trait it to. And that the passives you have for reducing improvement mat costs will affect how much it will cost if you want it to be gold. (As an Undaunted helm can't drop lower than purple, that would be its default, so you'd only have to upgrade it to gold, if you choose to.)

I hope that helps. :)
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kelinmiriel

Thanks for the info. My crafter has the Grand Master title so He will be doing some deconstructing in the near future it seems ;)

Thanks again for the info.

• NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm understanding this right, I'm gonna do a lot of dressing and undressing with a couple of my mules once this patch goes live.

You dont have to dress and undress. If you wanted, you could just deconstruct that gear, since deconstructing a piece of gear that isnt in your sticker book adds it.

Really, because I had considered having to put on and take off sets while at the de-conn table being a major inconvenience. GREAT to hear that won't be an issue!! Cheers for that info.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if a piece of gear you find isn't level 160, does that count toward the sticker book?
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, because I had considered having to put on and take off sets while at the de-conn table being a major inconvenience. GREAT to hear that won't be an issue!! Cheers for that info.

Just remember, if it's bind on equip (so, mostly overland sets), you will need to make sure they're bound to you before you crunch them. (For example, Mother's Sorrow needs to be equipped BEFORE decon. While BSW would not need to be.)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if a piece of gear you find isn't level 160, does that count toward the sticker book?

It should. Can't test right now, because I'm getting a 206 error on the PTS install.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I'm not gonna test this on my EU toons as they are very neglected, heck I still have Old drippings and old pork in my inventory lol but,,,

I noticed they had spots for the mythic items in the sticker book.

Is this just for collections or will we be able to actually make them for other characters in our account?
    Edited by Casdha on October 6, 2020 3:37PM

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I'm not gonna test this on my EU toons as they are very neglected, heck I still have Old drippings and old pork in my inventory lol but,,,

Is this just for collections or will we be able to actually make them for other characters in our account?

You can make extra copies of mythics. Best of all, because mythics are a 1 of 1 set, they only cost 25 crystals to reconstruct, and don't require any upgrade mats. So, not only can we reconstruct mythics, but they're cheap. Though, they do not scale below level 50 (not sure if they scale below 160. I didn't think to check before I rolled up templates.)
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can make extra copies of mythics. Best of all, because mythics are a 1 of 1 set, they only cost 25 crystals to reconstruct, and don't require any upgrade mats. So, not only can we reconstruct mythics, but they're cheap. Though, they do not scale below level 50 (not sure if they scale below 160. I didn't think to check before I rolled up templates.)

Cool and thanks for the speedy answer.

This also means I get to clear out all of the unopened geodes from my character inventories as well since we are also getting the bump from 200 to 1000 crystals.

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just remember, if it's bind on equip (so, mostly overland sets), you will need to make sure they're bound to you before you crunch them. (For example, Mother's Sorrow needs to be equipped BEFORE decon. While BSW would not need to be.)

There are conflicting reports on this, then. Some people are saying you can just decon without equipping (for any piece of gear), or sell to a vendor enough to push the item off the buy-back list. In other words, whatever means you can’t trade it to someone else in game.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

There are conflicting reports on this, then. Some people are saying you can just decon without equipping (for any piece of gear), or sell to a vendor enough to push the item off the buy-back list. In other words, whatever means you can’t trade it to someone else in game.

I haven't tested vendoring, but it appears that you are correct about decon. Deconstructing an item does appear to unlock it.

Testing vendoring will take a little more work.

EDIT: It looks like Vendors work as described as well. There've been some tweaks to how the buyback tab works (not sure if that's with this patch or if it happened in the distant past), so items will hang out in your buyback menu even if you log out. I'm a little nervous this could result in situations where you "lose" unlocks from the buyback tab without getting it to unlock. However, ignoring that edge case, yeah, an item being pushed off the menu from the vendor list will get you the unlock. (Though, I'd recommend decon, or even just equipping it first, just in case), but it looks like deconning gear will get you the unlocks, and destroying the item through vendor trashing will also trigger an unlock.

Directly destroying an item from your inventory will ALSO unlock it. So, that's an option if you just need inventory space right this instant.
    Edited by starkerealm on October 7, 2020 10:43PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

I haven't tested vendoring, but it appears that you are correct about decon. Deconstructing an item does appear to unlock it.

Testing vendoring will take a little more work.

EDIT: It looks like Vendors work as described as well. There've been some tweaks to how the buyback tab works (not sure if that's with this patch or if it happened in the distant past), so items will hang out in your buyback menu even if you log out. I'm a little nervous this could result in situations where you "lose" unlocks from the buyback tab without getting it to unlock. However, ignoring that edge case, yeah, an item being pushed off the menu from the vendor list will get you the unlock. (Though, I'd recommend decon, or even just equipping it first, just in case), but it looks like deconning gear will get you the unlocks, and destroying the item through vendor trashing will also trigger an unlock.

Directly destroying an item from your inventory will ALSO unlock it. So, that's an option if you just need inventory space right this instant.

Thank you for testing this! Much appreciated.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does.

Regarding Decon'ing and conflicting reports I skimmed over above.

I raised that deconstructing an item doesnt add to collection book (that was the case in week 1) and I crystal balled that it would simply result in addons for PC users that will auto equip any BOE item that isn't collected and revert gear. A mild inconvenience to PC users but a real head ache for console users.

I don't know if ZOS already had this in the pipeline and it was an oversight or they listened to the feedback, but decon'ing items resulting in an addition to the collection book came in week 2 PTS. I never tested vendoring or destroying. The feedback between week 1 (decon does not) and week 2 (decon now does add to collections) may be the cause of the confusion.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »

It does.

Regarding Decon'ing and conflicting reports I skimmed over above.

I raised that deconstructing an item doesnt add to collection book (that was the case in week 1) and I crystal balled that it would simply result in addons for PC users that will auto equip any BOE item that isn't collected and revert gear. A mild inconvenience to PC users but a real head ache for console users.

I don't know if ZOS already had this in the pipeline and it was an oversight or they listened to the feedback, but decon'ing items resulting in an addition to the collection book came in week 2 PTS. I never tested vendoring or destroying. The feedback between week 1 (decon does not) and week 2 (decon now does add to collections) may be the cause of the confusion.

It seems that methods of binding and the change between week 1 and week 2 were not mentioned in the patch notes at all, so thanks for the clarification.
  • Red99
    Red99
    ✭✭✭
    If i ve for example a lv 25 bsw fire staff with reconstruction i can make a lv50 cp 160 bsw fire staff?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i ve for example a lv 25 bsw fire staff with reconstruction i can make a lv50 cp 160 bsw fire staff?

e8kPEyO.jpg

Yes. Though, you will want to hold onto it until after the system goes live.