The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

The state of eso PvP summarized in one short clip

• xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MirkoZ wrote: »
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    This is the thing that always gets me about people in MMOs and particularly around the topic of evasiveness (especially stealth or kiting).

People build warrior archetype characters who excel at standing their ground and fighting. Heavy armour, big weapon, maybe a shield. And I'm not just talking about ESO here. Playing that kind of character might be your power fantasy. That's totally cool. But for others, they might want to play an evasive assassin, powerful mage or a trickster. Each of these archetypes has a win condition. For the warrior it's to stand there and fight. So it's quite understandable that someone who wants to play a warrior would find it frustrating or even deem it "cowardly" to not just stand there and fight. But really, if someone who isn't built the same way as you stands there and fights on your terms you're going to win. But I suppose that's what you want, right? You want people to play on your terms or die on your terms. So when someone comes along with a mage that kites you, or an assassin that ambushes you... that makes you mad. You came here for 1 on 1 melee combat. And this guy just came along and almost killed you. And what's worse... the guy just vanished before you had a chance to land your meaty melee combo on them.

The truth is, ESO gives you a lot of tools as a melee warrior to deal with stealth and kiting. You've got camo hunter to prevent people re-stealthing. You have AOEs to take people out of stealth. You have gap closers and pulls to stop someone kiting you. You have cover to force a ranged character to come close.

Does it sting to be killed by a sniper or a group of gankers? Of course. But it also stings to be one shot by a Warden's Sub Assault > Dizzy > Medium Attack > Execute combo and die to someone who was seemingly too tanky to simple one-shot you like that. Yes yes, I know it's a harder combo to pull off because you don't have the element of surprise. But you know what? Different classes excel in different areas. To complain about a Nightblade using cloak, a Warden having access to powerful buffs, a Sorcerer using Streak or a Dragonknight using leap is asinine. Those are some of the class-defining abilities. Do some people play those classes without those abilities? Sure. But you can't get mad at people for using the strongest tools in their classes' kit. If I can't use Streak... you can't use Sub Assault. Deal?

Facts. As if being killed by these Stamden and Stamsorcs is fun lol. I have to sneak/cloak in order to be effective, and I can't count how many times I attempted to attack one of the above and my burst is healed through or shielded as though it never happened lol. Then if caught they can typically destroy me in seconds. They're just angry that they can't get free kills off me most of the time.

Interesting how many times you guys quote stamsorc like it is the most op class while in cyrodil there are like 10 of them , cuz ofc they are good only in mobility and yeah they are fun , but don't write it beside stamden, stamcro, stamblade. Thanks

You should see what dc on Raven watch Na pc looks like. I swear it is about 70% stamsorcs(The feng affect?). Not saying its an op class, but they are up their with stamden, stamcro, and stamblade for sure. Those would be the S tier classes right now, with all the other classes falling into lower tiers.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the thing that always gets me about people in MMOs and particularly around the topic of evasiveness (especially stealth or kiting).

People build warrior archetype characters who excel at standing their ground and fighting. Heavy armour, big weapon, maybe a shield. And I'm not just talking about ESO here. Playing that kind of character might be your power fantasy. That's totally cool. But for others, they might want to play an evasive assassin, powerful mage or a trickster. Each of these archetypes has a win condition. For the warrior it's to stand there and fight. So it's quite understandable that someone who wants to play a warrior would find it frustrating or even deem it "cowardly" to not just stand there and fight. But really, if someone who isn't built the same way as you stands there and fights on your terms you're going to win. But I suppose that's what you want, right? You want people to play on your terms or die on your terms. So when someone comes along with a mage that kites you, or an assassin that ambushes you... that makes you mad. You came here for 1 on 1 melee combat. And this guy just came along and almost killed you. And what's worse... the guy just vanished before you had a chance to land your meaty melee combo on them.

The truth is, ESO gives you a lot of tools as a melee warrior to deal with stealth and kiting. You've got camo hunter to prevent people re-stealthing. You have AOEs to take people out of stealth. You have gap closers and pulls to stop someone kiting you. You have cover to force a ranged character to come close.

Does it sting to be killed by a sniper or a group of gankers? Of course. But it also stings to be one shot by a Warden's Sub Assault > Dizzy > Medium Attack > Execute combo and die to someone who was seemingly too tanky to simple one-shot you like that. Yes yes, I know it's a harder combo to pull off because you don't have the element of surprise. But you know what? Different classes excel in different areas. To complain about a Nightblade using cloak, a Warden having access to powerful buffs, a Sorcerer using Streak or a Dragonknight using leap is asinine. Those are some of the class-defining abilities. Do some people play those classes without those abilities? Sure. But you can't get mad at people for using the strongest tools in their classes' kit. If I can't use Streak... you can't use Sub Assault. Deal?

Facts. As if being killed by these Stamden and Stamsorcs is fun lol. I have to sneak/cloak in order to be effective, and I can't count how many times I attempted to attack one of the above and my burst is healed through or shielded as though it never happened lol. Then if caught they can typically destroy me in seconds. They're just angry that they can't get free kills off me most of the time.

Interesting how many times you guys quote stamsorc like it is the most op class while in cyrodil there are like 10 of them , cuz ofc they are good only in mobility and yeah they are fun , but don't write it beside stamden, stamcro, stamblade. Thanks

You should see what dc on Raven watch Na pc looks like. I swear it is about 70% stamsorcs(The feng affect?). Not saying its an op class, but they are up their with stamden, stamcro, and stamblade for sure. Those would be the S tier classes right now, with all the other classes falling into lower tiers.

half the passives are useless , the spammable that they gave us is a more clunky crushing weapon, we have streak ye, we can spam it like 3 times maybe not more .
    we have no class ultimate that scales with stamina or wd, we can't apply major fracture with our class kit if you want to, you have to use caltrops or 1h&s, same with major defile and others , we miss a lot of major and minor buffs that other classes have access to . but yeah keep writing stamsorc beside stamden, stamcro, stamblade.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol Looks like you walked into the middle of a stealth group is all. But NBs are everywhere right now while complaining about how weak they are. Cloak is causing undodgeable AOEs to miss and AOEs that can be used to pull them out have a cooldown so it is a bit ridiculous at the moment.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭

half the passives are useless , the spammable that they gave us is a more clunky crushing weapon, we have streak ye, we can spam it like 3 times maybe not more .
    we have no class ultimate that scales with stamina or wd, we can't apply major fracture with our class kit if you want to, you have to use caltrops or 1h&s, same with major defile and others , we miss a lot of major and minor buffs that other classes have access to . but yeah keep writing stamsorc beside stamden, stamcro, stamblade.

I think the distinction to be made is proc StamSorc in No-CP. Absolutely, 100%, Stamsorc is S tier in that scenario.

With no procs, StamSorc is middle of the pack at best for all the reasons you mentioned. I'm pretty sure the lightning ultimate scales with your highest stat so we do technically have a class ultimate that scales with weapon damage. Negate is also incredibly strong in certain scenarios, regardless of how it scales.

Stamsorc's unique selling point is speed and sustain. We can stack speed better than anything else in the game but we still get grief for using Streak for some reason. Without procs our best way of winning against an equally skilled DK, Warden or Necro is to drain their resources by constantly forcing them to remove immobilise and break free. Apparently that's cheesy but it's all we've got. We don't have a hope in hell of out-bursting them because we don't have anything in our kit to do so.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭

I think the distinction to be made is proc StamSorc in No-CP. Absolutely, 100%, Stamsorc is S tier in that scenario.

With no procs, StamSorc is middle of the pack at best for all the reasons you mentioned. I'm pretty sure the lightning ultimate scales with your highest stat so we do technically have a class ultimate that scales with weapon damage. Negate is also incredibly strong in certain scenarios, regardless of how it scales.

Stamsorc's unique selling point is speed and sustain. We can stack speed better than anything else in the game but we still get grief for using Streak for some reason. Without procs our best way of winning against an equally skilled DK, Warden or Necro is to drain their resources by constantly forcing them to remove immobilise and break free. Apparently that's cheesy but it's all we've got. We don't have a hope in hell of out-bursting them because we don't have anything in our kit to do so.

I think there are not ultimates that scales with highest offensive stats in the sorc kit and even if there were they deal magic dmg so they do not benefit of phisical pen.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭

oh and negate is okay when you are in a zerg
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh and negate is okay when you are in a zerg

Negate is more than ok when in a smaller group fighting a larger group. Being able to shut down those regens and purges are huge.
  • Mobius0
    Mobius0
    ✭✭✭
    People that tout "skill" as being the true factor of good PvPers, are delusional. Go play Overwatch if skill is all that matters to you. In an MMO, if strategy doesn't trump skill, then it's less than ideal IMO. If you come to a fight with a better kit, you should win even with inferior skill (within reason, of course.)

Just because someone doesn't play by what you consider to be right or fair, does not automatically make them cowards.

A stealth ganker, for example, has considerable weaknesses. They are vulnerable if detection tools are used against them. They can't ride a horse, can't use a siege weapon, etc..

Whatever the case, if you run into 1v6, you should die, stealth gankers or not.

If there's so many cowardly stealth gankers out there, use one of the plethora of ways to hunt them down, and get some easy kills. Otherwise, take the death and move on to your objective, realizing that Cyrodiil isn't just about 1vX battles.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there are not ultimates that scales with highest offensive stats in the sorc kit and even if there were they deal magic dmg so they do not benefit of phisical pen.

Every ultimate scales with higher stat (mar or stam and wep or spell dmg). Penetration or percentage modofiers arguments are only relevant in CP PvP when it comes to stamsorc.
    Edited by Juhasow on October 1, 2020 9:52PM
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    Come on guys, the Stamdens, Stamcros, and Stamsorcs want to be able to run around rocks and towers killing entire groups without you ruining their fun.

This... All the problem with Cyrodiil pvp. Ride across the map and die to a bigger group OR else chase that one guy that wont die to you all as he has a tower to male love to. At least BGs haven't this issue
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Every ultimate scales with higher stat (mar or stam and wep or spell dmg). Penetration or percentage modofiers arguments are only relevant in CP PvP when it comes to stamsorc.

We are on "PVP combat and skills" section
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and PvP is divided into CP and no CP.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭

Penetration exists also in no cp.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were just killed in hardcore gank. Can't complain about that. Yet, it does seem like you couldn't break free which I have happen pretty regularly.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In no CP stamsorc's physical pen is equal to spell pen.
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh really? Even if you have a maul? Or maybe spriggan, or titanborn?
    I think you are not going nude in no cp
    Edited by MirkoZ on October 2, 2020 11:25PM
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Then go to CP IC and the meta will be stamcro parties with one stamden.

• Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    rogenep360 wrote: »

I thought the dark days of One Stamriel's Stamblade gank fests were over, but unfortunately with the recent buffs to NBs and proc sets and the AoE changes in Cyrodiil and all the snipe dsyncs its made an unwelcome reappearance :scream:
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is PVP. I don't see what you are complaining about. So a bunch of players are in stealth waiting for an enemy player. Looks like a good strategy to me.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh really? Even if you have a maul? Or maybe spriggan, or titanborn?
    I think you are not going nude in no cp

How many stamsorcs running one of mentioned above sets have You seen lately in no CP PvP ? I could agree about the maces but that is not enough to make a difference and there are always greatswords to even out different types of dmg.
  • nckg84
    nckg84
    ✭✭✭
    Mobius0 wrote: »
    People that tout "skill" as being the true factor of good PvPers, are delusional. Go play Overwatch if skill is all that matters to you. In an MMO, if strategy doesn't trump skill, then it's less than ideal IMO. If you come to a fight with a better kit, you should win even with inferior skill (within reason, of course.)

Just because someone doesn't play by what you consider to be right or fair, does not automatically make them cowards.

A stealth ganker, for example, has considerable weaknesses. They are vulnerable if detection tools are used against them. They can't ride a horse, can't use a siege weapon, etc..

Whatever the case, if you run into 1v6, you should die, stealth gankers or not.

If there's so many cowardly stealth gankers out there, use one of the plethora of ways to hunt them down, and get some easy kills. Otherwise, take the death and move on to your objective, realizing that Cyrodiil isn't just about 1vX battles.

6 potato's standing still light attacking should not be able to kill a proper pvp'er. Strategy + skill should always be able to outperform said potato's.

A good PvP er is one who uses skill, strategy and an optimal build that complements those two. Should he be able to outperform 6 mediocre players? If there all attacking him at the same time then offcourse not but if you look at any zerg that gets farmed at a tower by a good player then you see that all of them just feed themselfs 1 or 2 at a time.

Just look at kristofs video's. All the "highlights" is just zerglings standing still not being able to do a proper combo.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In ESO, every ultimate scales with your highest stats, regardless of whether it is magic or physical dmg. I understand using mag ulti's on stam isn't optimal because of CP. But it isn't entirely correct to say you have no class ultimate that scales with stamina or weapon dmg ;).
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you realize it maybe has nothing to do with group ganking and its maybe more your fault that you aproached sieged keep from side where it was sieged?
    Maybe that group wasnt ganking you specificly, but they were ready to jump on enemy groups that may appear.

You was just in way

As pure solo player myself, i know how you feel. I have it same when i am ganked from multiple players but it was clearly your mistake you got there caugh.

Always expect someone may be watching their backs when sieging and try to go around to avoid unnecessary deaths. Thats all i can say